Bitcoin Forum
September 17, 2024, 11:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RarityCheck VIBGYOR gilded #12 swept yesterday.  (Read 3946 times)
raritycheck
Copper Member

Activity: 693
Merit: 179

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 06:12:49 AM

At the moment the other negative tags on RC have been changed to neutral, going to leave mine as a warning for the moment.
Let's be honest its not going to matter since I don't think anyone is going to be buying anything funded or even with keys they generated for a while.

Once it looks like the majority of the people who lost their funds are paid back at least what they lost I will change it. But for now between the
1) Mistake with the key generation
2) The poor quality of the private keys
3) The admission that more then 1 person had access to the machine that generated / printed the keys

There are too many things that are just not done to the way things should be done to take off the negative in my opinion.

HOWEVER, once it looks like everyone has had their swept coins refunded I will update to a neutral.

raritycheck --> Have you attempted to reach out to the people who have not contacted you yet about this who have the coins? Email / PMs / even a letter though the post office if you have no other way of contacting them since you did ship them a coin you should have their address?

-Dave

Only one person had access to the machine.
As mentioned theVIBGYOR keys  are all readable. You can see people are even redeeming hole coins.
Fine.
Can you please change the wording of the trust rating. Your wording sounds like we are doing a scam but on the opposite we are trying to help everyone impacted.

krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 3458

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 08:19:39 AM

I think one of the ways we physical bitcoin creators can hopefully help to prevent something like this from happening is to share and educate present and future creators one the process we use and programs to create private keys. Many do not, and thus we find people experimenting and falling for malicous programs and websites.

I have created  threads here that perhaps more people can post on and guide people to the right programs....this will hopefully prevent and future mishaps.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5416519.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5505467.0

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 2354

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 12:13:48 PM

As mentioned theVIBGYOR keys  are all readable. You can see people are even redeeming hole coins.

at some point previously you said "team" used the laptop - if one person only had access then your team is only one person?

and not all the keys were 100% readable I have seen a couple that were not perfectly clear. we did get them figured out but they were not crystal clear as you claim.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
raritycheck
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2024, 12:29:18 PM

at some point previously you said "team" used the laptop - if one person only had access then your team is only one person?

and not all the keys were 100% readable I have seen a couple that were not perfectly clear. we did get them figured out but they were not crystal clear as you claim.

Thank you for the feedback. We said keys are readable (someone else mentioned in the comments that they are crystal clear for Vigilante). 
Apologies if we miscommunicated, from the team only one person had access to the laptop + printer etc.

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 3150

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 06:08:58 PM
Merited by LoyceV (12)

Could you please elaborate or point me to some specific thread?
(And I assume you meant MrCryptoHodl)

2) The poor quality of the private keys

you have not seen MR HOLD private key .  Wink

YEs am referring to MRCRYPTHOLD PRIVATE KEYS

https://imgur.com/a/7xzZesy

fixed  pic

https://imgur.com/a/p9RiTVH

authentic pic

I will add one as well -

Quite frankly I don’t like ink generated or engraved keys period (not saying they aren’t viable in cases). The one maker who’s been ahead of most everyone (and really everyone period) since day one is Kialara. Not just to speak well of a good friend, but we’ve had so many convos around this subject and I know how much thought and care goes in to every aspect of his wallets. More than “most” any maker, that’s for sure.

Would you rather have a tiny piece of paper with ink, or something like this (protected by glass to boot)

Kialara also understands the importance of self custody, which is what Bitcoin is all about mind you, and created a DIY system that doesn’t give up the “pretty” (we all love the look of holograms)

“ Kialara Guardians introduces a fresh perspective on the concept of self-custody. The innovative design offers individuals the chance to encapsulate their personal public and private key pair or seed phrase within a captivating 2.5″ diameter artwork. This is made possible by an exclusive braille-inspired code system crafted specifically for this purpose.
In this scenario, users are empowered to seize control of their private keys, emphasizing the vital responsibility that accompanies our progressive shift into the blockchain era. By eliminating the requirement for a printer, the system ensures all the security that can only be provided by a fully manual process once keys or seeds have been generated. This immersive hands-on approach fosters a profound connection between users and their individual hard-wallets, establishing a tangible bond of trust and ownership.”

I’ll pose a question for everyone I once asked in a topic ..why are most the OG collectors gone (or don’t collect much new stuff, like myself ?) The answer is because they don’t trust new coin makers, and already have collections with enough “at risk” bitcoin, and don’t want to take more risk on than they already are. This is simply the reality of it. 

If you make coins, adapt, progress, and make this hobby better.  As long as there’s people buying new funded items, the hobby will lose collectors steadily, especially with each coin scam/rug/breach (which includes coins many don’t even realize already like Lealana and Sol Noctis..both of which have had funding issues and were NEVER addressed publicly by the coin makers , despite being asked to do so).  New funded coins being sold means more scams to come. Period. And it will never stop (LLCs and lack of government oversight/willingness to help ..will ensure this hobby will be ripe with scams on a continuous basis if things continue on as they have.

Things are worse than most realize too.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1973

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 11:05:32 PM

Ok, Re: Mr. Hodlwhateverhisnameislately -

Those fonts are fucked. I pity anyone redeeming that shit.

Why not just be simple, and do a QR code instead of bullshit fonty font fuckity shitstorm, Randy?

Roll Eyes

And Raritychecks are fucked as well...

Hate to say this, but Chib and I saw this all coming on day zero. Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 534
Merit: 49

Holder of last resort

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 11:30:44 PM

Ok, Re: Mr. Hodlwhateverhisnameislately -

Those fonts are fucked. I pity anyone redeeming that shit.

Why not just be simple, and do a QR code instead of bullshit fonty font fuckity shitstorm, Randy?

Roll Eyes

And Raritychecks are fucked as well...

Hate to say this, but Chib and I saw this all coming on day zero. Roll Eyes

Yeah me seeing that font legit just made me want to sell my entire collection from him I am not even gonna lie.

How did Mike Caldwell get his Casascius coin private key prints so crisp and clean?

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 961
Merit: 195

WTB - Early Squirrelbits, CryptoImperator, & BTCC

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 11:56:31 PM
Merited by LoyceV (6)

Aren’t there some lealana’s with shitty font and disappearing ink? But he rose above and people still buy his stuff even with about the shittiest customer service out there.

Either way - I hope RC learns and comes back better. Offer some DIY versions to take care of the people who want it.

He’s made some awesome coins. The enamel work is pretty damn good. Batman coin and these V series were very high quality work. Keys were lacking, obviously. Who here has been more affected than RC?

I dunno. I’ve been scammed and rug pulled - zero people stood up, owned their mistakes, refunded people out of their own pocket and yet the one person that does just continues to get shitted on.

We are all human. If you don’t want to trust his keys then don’t, but this is 1000% Better than Coldscam, 1hodlclub missing funding issues, lealanas missing addresses, and btc penny owing people product and loans.

You would think people would cut the guy a little slack or at least not publicly talk shit on someone that is holding themselves accountable and making amends as best they can.

You will need to show proof of better key printing tho, plus outline your process or subcontract it out I don’t know but I’m not gonna kick a guy that’s down and trying to do the right thing

Imagine being so lame, you have to bump your own sales posts. Damn lying leviathans
rsincognito
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2024, 01:21:39 AM

Aren’t there some lealana’s with shitty font and disappearing ink? But he rose above and people still buy his stuff even with about the shittiest customer service out there.

Either way - I hope RC learns and comes back better. Offer some DIY versions to take care of the people who want it.

He’s made some awesome coins. The enamel work is pretty damn good. Batman coin and these V series were very high quality work. Keys were lacking, obviously. Who here has been more affected than RC?

I dunno. I’ve been scammed and rug pulled - zero people stood up, owned their mistakes, refunded people out of their own pocket and yet the one person that does just continues to get shitted on.

We are all human. If you don’t want to trust his keys then don’t, but this is 1000% Better than Coldscam, 1hodlclub missing funding issues, lealanas missing addresses, and btc penny owing people product and loans.

You would think people would cut the guy a little slack or at least not publicly talk shit on someone that is holding themselves accountable and making amends as best they can.

You will need to show proof of better key printing tho, plus outline your process or subcontract it out I don’t know but I’m not gonna kick a guy that’s down and trying to do the right thing

well said.

I see and understand both sides, they both have validity.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 6582

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2024, 01:22:51 AM

...I’ll pose a question for everyone I once asked in a topic ..why are most the OG collectors gone (or don’t collect much new stuff, like myself ?) The answer is because they don’t trust new coin makers, and already have collections with enough “at risk” bitcoin, and don’t want to take more risk on than they already are. This is simply the reality of it....

I might still be collecting some things, but as I have stated I am getting rid of a ton of stuff (and have been for over a year)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5455887.msg62381660#msg62381660

I know one other collector going through the same thing.

A better question IMO is why are not as many people getting into collecting things with key. I have an opinion on that, but no proof to back it up.

We have been screaming 'Not Your Keys....Not Your Coins' at new people in the crypto sphere for a while now.
Could having coins with keys not generated by the actual person holding it be part of the effect of this. We know that having someone else generate keys is a risk, and are willing to tolerate it. Did we as a group make new people more adverse to that risk?

...like Lealana and Sol Noctis..both of which have had funding issues and were NEVER addressed publicly by the coin makers , despite being asked to do so....

I know about the Sol Noctis, and the bizzarre hoops you have to go through to redeem them.
Even posted a guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5231305.msg62449902#msg62449902

What is up with the Lealana? Never heard of an issue. I know when I bought he sent me a list and I funded the coins.
Did something change?

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 2354

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2024, 02:50:47 AM

...I’ll pose a question for everyone I once asked in a topic ..why are most the OG collectors gone (or don’t collect much new stuff, like myself ?) The answer is because they don’t trust new coin makers, and already have collections with enough “at risk” bitcoin, and don’t want to take more risk on than they already are. This is simply the reality of it....

I might still be collecting some things, but as I have stated I am getting rid of a ton of stuff (and have been for over a year)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5455887.msg62381660#msg62381660

I know one other collector going through the same thing.

A better question IMO is why are not as many people getting into collecting things with key. I have an opinion on that, but no proof to back it up.

We have been screaming 'Not Your Keys....Not Your Coins' at new people in the crypto sphere for a while now.
Could having coins with keys not generated by the actual person holding it be part of the effect of this. We know that having someone else generate keys is a risk, and are willing to tolerate it. Did we as a group make new people more adverse to that risk?

...like Lealana and Sol Noctis..both of which have had funding issues and were NEVER addressed publicly by the coin makers , despite being asked to do so....

I know about the Sol Noctis, and the bizzarre hoops you have to go through to redeem them.
Even posted a guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5231305.msg62449902#msg62449902

What is up with the Lealana? Never heard of an issue. I know when I bought he sent me a list and I funded the coins.
Did something change?

-Dave

there was at least one coin where when peeled, the writing literally as the owner watched got worse and worse - luckily he took pictures and smoothy was able to specify the font and the owner was able to redeem the funds eventually.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Steeley

Activity: 1174
Merit: 268

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
August 16, 2024, 03:20:18 PM

I suspect the Alpen Coin PKs are pretty good but I have never seen one. Anyone have a pic?

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
raghavsood
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 425

Track Burns @ burned.money

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2024, 03:23:53 PM

I suspect the Alpen Coin PKs are pretty good but I have never seen one. Anyone have a pic?

Frank has a photo on the website: https://www.alpencoin.ch/en/transfert?lightbox=dataItem-kchzofen1

If that's representative of the lot, it's a decent quality QR - no issues scanning it from the photo, would be easier in person

Track burns @ burned.money | Track Collectibles @ collectible.money | Track Value @ isbtc1m.com
rsincognito
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2024, 05:02:40 PM
Merited by minerjones (2)

When I key my own coins, I always include both the QR code plus it in written form:

(Created with a Mycelium Entropy usb stick from an HP printer that has never been connected to Internet, there is not even a computer involved. It’s all done literary from the printer.)

Mofough82

Activity: 121
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2024, 11:05:43 PM

Are there any trustworthy alternatives to the Mycelium since they seem tough to find?
minerjones
Mantis
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3747

View Profile
August 17, 2024, 11:47:34 AM

Are there any trustworthy alternatives to the Mycelium since they seem tough to find?

Roll some dice Cheesy

███████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████

███████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
▄▀▀░▄██▀░▀██▄░▀▀▄
▄▀░▐▀▄░▀░░▀░░▀░▄▀▌░▀▄
▄▀▄█▐░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀░▌█▄▀▄
▄▀░▀░░█░▄███████▄░█░░▀░▀▄
█░█░▀░█████████████░▀░█░█
█░██░▀█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀█▀░██░█
█░█▀██░█▀▀██▀▀█░██▀█░█
▀▄▀██░░░▀▀▄▌▐▄▀▀░░░██▀▄▀
▀▄▀██░░▄░▀▄█▄▀░▄░░██▀▄▀
▀▄░▀█░▄▄▄░▀░▄▄▄░█▀░▄▀
▀▄▄▀▀███▄███▀▀▄▄▀
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Report To Admin
krogoth

Activity: 1300
Merit: 177

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2024, 11:51:26 AM

As I have said in the past...you can use a Trezor or any good BIP39 hardware wallet. Generate the seed and use a seed. You can also use electrum as well. Make sure you verify it's the correct one and not a corrupted one.
   All in an airgap computer.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
hybridsole

Activity: 966
Merit: 801

View Profile
August 17, 2024, 04:41:50 PM

I have been playing around with Ian Coleman's BIP39 generator tool: https://iancoleman.io/bip39/.  What really makes this one stand out is that you can click "Show entropy details", and then it allows you to put in dice rolls, coin flips, etc to see it create seed phrases in real-time.  It also supports virtually all technical aspects of key generation to get a good sense of the many different options that are available.  It's kind of crazy how many types of addresses there are such as BIP44, BIP84 that wallets just choose for you (and creates all kinds of cross-compatibility issues).  You can also get things like the XPUB address to support multi-sig and all kinds of fun stuff. 

For people who do want to use this, you should use the github version and download the standalone page to use offline: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39, as well as have a good understanding of the main concepts.  Otherwise using a Trezor like krogoth recommends is probably better if you just want a safe and user-friendly option. 
raritycheck
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2024, 05:13:07 PM

For the new coins..
We are still looking around

We created a BTCMiniKey generator.
BTCMiniKeyGenerator uses audio + system randomness + time based randomness.

Any feedback?

krogoth

Activity: 1300
Merit: 177

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2024, 05:19:28 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2024, 05:38:37 PM by krogoth

I have been playing around with Ian Coleman's BIP39 generator tool: https://iancoleman.io/bip39/.  What really makes this one stand out is that you can click "Show entropy details", and then it allows you to put in dice rolls, coin flips, etc to see it create seed phrases in real-time.  It also supports virtually all technical aspects of key generation to get a good sense of the many different options that are available.  It's kind of crazy how many types of addresses there are such as BIP44, BIP84 that wallets just choose for you (and creates all kinds of cross-compatibility issues).  You can also get things like the XPUB address to support multi-sig and all kinds of fun stuff.  

For people who do want to use this, you should use the github version and download the standalone page to use offline: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39, as well as have a good understanding of the main concepts.  Otherwise using a Trezor like krogoth recommends is probably better if you just want a safe and user-friendly option.  

Yep I used that Coleman program for my dice roll coin. Love that program!

Added:  one other thing I use this for is to double check I wrote the seed properly for example for a newly generated seed on Trezor....with passphrase.

I input that into Coleman's program on air gap PC and double check to confirm the same public Addy's are generated that match what Trezor displays

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: