Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 06:40:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asicrun AR1, AR2, EliteAR miners  (Read 58 times)
expat42451 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2024, 09:54:01 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2024, 10:35:29 PM by expat42451

Looking at the Asicrun miners, wonder if anyone here has or is using them and thoughts....

I trade  cryptos  but have not mined. Also know that this isnt the "happiest" market right now but consideing buying one and trying mining. Any recommendations of other hardware appreciated.
Thanks
expat42451 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 02:14:31 AM

So FWIW I did some more research. Asicrun Hashrate/power seems total BS.  Also on a reddit forum read of a number of peeps  paid their coin and received .....nothing....... scammed.

So. Whats good hardware for someone  starting out? This page
https://coincodex.com/article/33356/asic-miners/
lists various miners -most brands I have heard of.  Whatever I buy, dont want to be wedded to just BTC. Any suggestions  very much appreciated.  I am from the US and am living in Ecuador. Electricity here is comparatively cheap.
Thanks
DACR

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2024, 02:27:30 PM

If you go with an ASIC, you'll be mining one coin most of the time. Some ethash or other algos can mine other coins, just as the BTC asics can, but truly its only the one algo. so if you want to be able to jump around onto different coins, then GPU mining is more for you. Otherwise you can get an ASIC and just use one of the many pools that allow you to switch your payouts into something else.
Stick with the main ASIC manufacturers, as they are usually most reliable with best support, parts availability, and information online. (Bitmain, Goldshell, Jasminer, Whatsminer, Iceriver)
expat42451 (OP)

View Profile
Today at 03:51:04 AM

Hi DACR
Thanks very much for the info. Research continues.
Regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: