Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 08:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Probability scale and gambling.  (Read 27 times)
Julien_Olynpic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 3395

View Profile
August 10, 2024, 04:06:42 AM

When we calculate the probabilities of an event (for example, in sports betting) and compare the odds, we may need to use a certain probability scale. I was very surprised at the time that there was no such scale. For example, the probability of winning a jackpot is often compared to the probability of dying from a lightning strike. But how close are these probabilities? What exact figure do they make up? And are they really close? If these probabilities are arranged as points on one long line (for convenience, in some cases it can be vertical, in other cases horizontal), then the comparison of probabilities will be as clear as possible. However, the problem is that many points on this scale are not filled with events for me. Let me show you the first points on this scale and everything will be clear to you at once. If you know the exact probability of some interesting events, both from life and from the gambling industry, then let me know in the posts below, and I will add them to the probability scale.

1. Probability ½ – probability of coin landing on 1 side.
2. - 1/3 -
3. - ¼ -
4. -1/5 -
5. - 1/6 – probability of landing on one side of the dice.
6. -
7. -

x. - 1/y probability of winning the jackpot in some lottery (specify which one)

y. - 1/z probability of dying from lightning strike (specify how this is calculated).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x