Bitcoin Forum
September 17, 2024, 10:16:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you help me decrypt the seed phrase BIP39 you will receive a large reward!  (Read 448 times)
styx1337 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 12:15:06 PM

I received your email with part of the treasure hunt.

I only said that each line is one word from the bip39 dictionary.
How do you know for sure it refers to the BIP39 word list?

I noticed 2 things:
  • All "first numbers" are less than a third of 2048. That makes it not likely to refer to the word list in a linear way, as random numbers would be spread out more evenly.
  • One of them has an arrow (->) in there

It can basically be anything:
  • word 135 + 11 - 6
  • word 135 * 11 / 6 round up/down
  • start with word 135, add 11, add 6, add 618 to get word 2
  • start with word 135, word 2 = 135+618, word 3 = 135 + 618 + 91 ... wrap around at 2048 to start over
  • a book, page 135, line 11, word 6

Your case shows the danger of inventing some obscure scheme to obfuscate such things and not have a documentation for unscrambling to pass to the heirs.
Exactly.
Put yourself in the other person's shoes: how would you obfuscate your seed so that nobody else can access it, but it's still easy for you?

it is written on the recovery sheet from Trezor.
Is the Trezor device still around? I've read about physical hacks on Trezor hardware wallets that give you either the PIN or the seed, at least on some models/firmwares.

Unfortunately I don't have the Trezor that was used with this seed phrase.
styx1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:20:50 PM

Is this some puzzle you found online? Or is it your own wallet? If the latter, and this is something you can help with then you should try and contact WalletRecoveryServices, they might be able to help (for a 20% fee) or a bit lower if the amount is too large.

Is WRS specifically a good company to use.   I have an old ETH wallet from the days of humble mining,  worth recovering at these higher prices..   I spilt beer on the wallet catchphrase or something silly, its been many years and the phone is really not operable etc.   Ive done little as I figured if left long enough, ETH either goes to 0 or it becomes worth doing by someone expert.

OP should probably deal with a company, Ive always wondered on the potential escrow situation for a non working wallet 'repair'.

have you contacted any such company? did they help you? and I would like to know which company I should contact so that I would not be deceived. thanks
Cricktor
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1302

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 11:59:11 PM

Is WRS specifically a good company to use.   I have an old ETH wallet from the days of humble mining,  worth recovering at these higher prices..   I spilt beer on the wallet catchphrase or something silly, its been many years and the phone is really not operable etc.   Ive done little as I figured if left long enough, ETH either goes to 0 or it becomes worth doing by someone expert.

OP should probably deal with a company, Ive always wondered on the potential escrow situation for a non working wallet 'repair'.
So you had only one paper backup of your mnemonic recovery words with water soluble ink, or what? Redundant analog backups could've prevent this.

What is a "wallet catchphrase"? Somewhat uncommon terminology...

Maybe you should open your own topic with your case and not hijack this one, cause your issue is quite different from OP's.

This is Dave's announcement in this forum for his wallet recovery services: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240779.0

Pay attention to use proper spelling of his website, since there are or have been domain typosquatters waiting to scam people. It's ...services(dot)com and not ...service(dot)com!

As far as I followed Dave's recovery services cases, it's not puzzle solving or fixing liquid damaged electronic devices what he's good at. Anyway, I can't say, I needed his help so far, nor do I know all of his skills.

Are there companies specialized in solving puzzles? I have doubts...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
styx1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2024, 12:49:14 AM

So you had only one paper backup of your mnemonic recovery words with water soluble ink, or what? Redundant analog backups could've prevent this.

What is a "wallet catchphrase"? Somewhat uncommon terminology...

Maybe you should open your own topic with your case and not hijack this one, cause your issue is quite different from OP's.

This is Dave's announcement in this forum for his wallet recovery services: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240779.0

Pay attention to use proper spelling of his website, since there are or have been domain typosquatters waiting to scam people. It's ...services(dot)com and not ...service(dot)com!

As far as I followed Dave's recovery services cases, it's not puzzle solving or fixing liquid damaged electronic devices what he's good at. Anyway, I can't say, I needed his help so far, nor do I know all of his skills.

Are there companies specialized in solving puzzles? I have doubts...

Thanks for the answer. I just contacted Dave and he told me that he would help me solve this problem.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 17384

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2024, 06:36:34 AM

Thanks for the answer. I just contacted Dave and he told me that he would help me solve this problem.
Will you post back here if it's successful? It's too bad Dave doesn't post here anymore, I'm curious what obfuscating techniques he has covered in his standard checking software by now.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 6334

View Profile
August 16, 2024, 08:17:30 AM

Yes, I did reach out and try WalletRecoveryServices before (it's been a while) and Dave managed to recover my funds.

I have also seen nothing but good reviews here, on trustpilot and Reddit as well. But I would still recommend you do your own research, and make sure you're visiting the correct website, there are some phishing links out there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
styx1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2024, 12:38:35 PM

Will you post back here if it's successful? It's too bad Dave doesn't post here anymore, I'm curious what obfuscating techniques he has covered in his standard checking software by now.

yes, I will have no problem posting here about whether Dave was able to help me or not.
styx1337 (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2024, 12:45:15 PM

Yes, I did reach out and try WalletRecoveryServices before (it's been a while) and Dave managed to recover my funds.

I have also seen nothing but good reviews here, on trustpilot and Reddit as well. But I would still recommend you do your own research, and make sure you're visiting the correct website, there are some phishing links out there.

Thanks, I have already checked the spelling of the link to the site and looked through many reviews and articles about WRS.
styx1337 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 03:12:24 PM

UPDATE

The question is still relevant!
Cricktor
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1302

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 09:22:10 PM

Do you mind stating exactly which question you're talking about?

I looked through a few of your recent posts in this topic and frankly I didn't spot any particular open question from you. Simply state what's on your mind and make it easy for others to follow your thoughts and possibly give you an answer. Guess what, telepathy isn't quite a thing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
styx1337 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2024, 11:56:52 AM

Do you mind stating exactly which question you're talking about?

I looked through a few of your recent posts in this topic and frankly I didn't spot any particular open question from you. Simply state what's on your mind and make it easy for others to follow your thoughts and possibly give you an answer. Guess what, telepathy isn't quite a thing.

when i wrote that the question is still relevant, i meant that i still haven't decrypted the seed phrase. this is the main question in this topic how to decrypt the seed phrase presented in the first message in the topic
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: