Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 04:19:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FREE RAFFLE] Coldkey History 20.4.38 | Peeled  (Read 768 times)
raghavsood (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 348

Track Burns @ burned.money

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2024, 06:04:03 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2024, 03:06:44 PM by raghavsood
Merited by ZipReg (2)

Well, I lied slightly - the Raffle is free as in money, but not free of effort.

Clearing out some duplicates, and that includes some coldkeys.

The card has been peeled, and funds swept - If I recall correctly, this was actually one of the few cards I owned that wasn't swept by Yogg, and was redeemed by me instead.

https://mempool.space/address/bc1qckqzjjs7rhkhp8d5kuasmnusd94fa8837tq3ay

The holo and private key are included - holo obviously shows signs of being peeled, but is otherwise intact. I did not need to peel it off entirely, so the right edge is still attached to the card without the voiding marks. The left edge has some crinkling and shows the voided pattern.

Besides its unfortunate history, the card is stored well in a plastic sleeve inside a PCGS-style slab inside another plastic sleeve. The original Coldkey card envelope is also included and in excellent condition.

00 - minerjones
01 - Frank AlpenCoin
02 - Vip_Bitcoins
03 - Vip_Bitcoins
04 - Remsjack
05 - Vip_Bitcoins
07 - krogoth
10 - aoluain
11 - Mitchell
13 - geophphreigh
15 - Remsjack
17 - frankbitcoin
21 - frankbitcoin
22 - Remsjack
23 - Frank AlpenCoin
27 - Kazkaz27
29 - bitbollo
30 - bitbollo
31 - bitbollo

To receive a ticket for this raffle, you must post some informational fact about collectibles that I do not already know - it can be publicly known by others, as long as I'm unaware of it. Hopefully this helps grow what everyone knows about various collectibles. The information must be posted in this thread publicly for all to see.

If you are successful, you can select a ticket number above.

The fact could be anything - maybe a creator sold a test strike that wasn't publicly known. Maybe you know something about the unique history/provenance of an item (owned by someone important, stolen and rediscovered, etc). It could be an interesting fact about an item itself (extra security features, complex production process such as wire EDM (ala squirrelbits), etc).

It could be more mundane facts such as total mintage of an item that isn't commonly known. It could be a cool fact like the use of vanity addresses by some creators. Maybe you're the creator yourself and have something cool to share about your own works.

Any item that's a fit for this forum is fair game (i.e., it could be collectible BTC-themed art work). Being a loaded, typical coin/bar, is not a requirement.

Really anything interesting and factually correct (preferably with some proof - the more I trust you as a user, the less concrete proof needed).

I've been around for a few years, so it may not be as easy as it sounds.

A user can claim up to 3 tickets by submitting multiple facts.

My decisions on what I already know and what I consider to be a fact is final - my raffle, my choice. Also, I presumably know what I already know.

Each spot also grants you the equidistant spots up to 255 - so whoever selects spot 00 also gets 32, 64, 96, 128, 160, 192, 224.

We then roll, last hex byte of the selected block number's hash wins.

Shipping by regular tracked post is included worldwide. Upgrade to private (DHL, FedEx) at winner's cost.

Track burns @ burned.money | Track Collectibles @ collectible.money | Track Value @ isbtc1m.com
krogoth

Activity: 1297
Merit: 175

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2024, 06:06:36 PM
Merited by raghavsood (1)

Casascius stand for
Cal a spade a spade cius

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
raghavsood (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2024, 06:09:28 PM

Casascius stand for
Cal a spade a spade cius

I honestly thought you were pulling my leg, but... https://casascius.wordpress.com/about/

Select your number, it shall be yours

Track burns @ burned.money | Track Collectibles @ collectible.money | Track Value @ isbtc1m.com
krogoth

Activity: 1297
Merit: 175

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2024, 06:28:38 PM

Casascius stand for
Cal a spade a spade cius

I honestly thought you were pulling my leg, but... https://casascius.wordpress.com/about/

Select your number, it shall be yours

Thanks ser...I would never jest about our hobby...it's one of the very few passions of mine besides women  Wink

Kindly give me number 7

Thanks

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
haloxon

Activity: 198
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 06:33:30 PM

Casascius stand for
Cal a spade a spade cius

in particular: finally also I know how to pronounce this word  Smiley

It is properly pronounced “ka-SAY-shuss”, though I am not bothered by the variations I hear.
geophphreigh
Legendary

Activity: 1301
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 07:20:50 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1), raghavsood (1)

You may or may not know that I won the Bitcoin Penny mint mark auction for the 2020 copper pennies.
I chose the mint mark of "MGHB" when most thought I'd pick "GEO"
MGHB represents the first initial of each of my 4 children.

Also, if you ever see a 2020 penny with "geo" stamped into it, it means it has passed through my hands. I have many "geo" stamped pennies, but very few have made it into the wild.

Geophphreigh
Remsjack

Activity: 341
Merit: 130

Vires in numeris

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 09:21:18 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1), raghavsood (1)

5 Casascius Series 1 One BTC 2011 present a double error: on their hologram, Casascius is misspelled « Casacius » (that is the case for approx 3500 Casascius series 1 One BTC 2011) + the printer accidently placed the firstbits address 3 mm higher than normal
Outside of the unique prototype gold 1000 BTC coin, the 2011 Double Error is the rarest variety in the Casascius series Smiley
geophphreigh
Legendary

Activity: 1301
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 09:43:08 PM

5 Casascius Series 1 One BTC 2011 present a double error: on their hologram, Casascius is misspelled « Casacius » (that is the case for approx 3500 Casascius series 1 One BTC 2011) + the printer accidently placed the firstbits address 3 mm higher than normal
Outside of the unique prototype gold 1000 BTC coin, the 2011 Double Error is the rarest variety in the Casascius series Smiley

Very interesting.
I would argue that the 500BTC Cas bars are the most rare variety with only one  of each V1 and V2 being made. I may be wrong though. Certainly only 5 double errors is a rare bird indeed!

Geo
Remsjack

Vires in numeris

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 10:15:43 PM

I would argue that the 500BTC Cas bars are the most rare variety with only one  of each V1 and V2 being made. I may be wrong though. Certainly only 5 double errors is a rare bird indeed!

I think you’re right indeed! I wasn’t taking Casascius bars into account, only coins, I should’ve.
raghavsood (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 05:57:56 AM

You may or may not know that I won the Bitcoin Penny mint mark auction for the 2020 copper pennies.
I chose the mint mark of "MGHB" when most thought I'd pick "GEO"
MGHB represents the first initial of each of my 4 children.

Also, if you ever see a 2020 penny with "geo" stamped into it, it means it has passed through my hands. I have many "geo" stamped pennies, but very few have made it into the wild.

Geophphreigh

A lovely heirloom, and definitely not one I would have guessed - which number would you like?

5 Casascius Series 1 One BTC 2011 present a double error: on their hologram, Casascius is misspelled « Casacius » (that is the case for approx 3500 Casascius series 1 One BTC 2011) + the printer accidently placed the firstbits address 3 mm higher than normal

I did know about the error, but I didn't know it was limited to just five pieces! Do you happen to know the firstbits of the impacted coins?

And your number, please Smiley

Remsjack

Vires in numeris

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:05:06 AM

Do you happen to know the firstbits of the impacted coins?

No, sorry, we should ask Mike Smiley

04, please! Thank you very much for this informative raffle
raghavsood (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 07:15:00 AM

Do you happen to know the firstbits of the impacted coins?

No, sorry, we should ask Mike Smiley

04, please! Thank you very much for this informative raffle

I managed to track down a few based on historical threads after looking into this a bit more:

https://collectible.money/item/S1CASASCIUS-1-1FBD1ef3mr
https://collectible.money/item/S1CASASCIUS-1-19GVvGMxHt

bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3675

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:29:53 AM
Merited by fillippone (3), raghavsood (2), krogothmanhattan (1)

In Italian section, we made a competition/game in order to find "the earliest copy of newspaper or magazine that was citing bitcoin".
Winner of this even was @fillippone. He was able to retrieve a copy of local newspaper printed on  19 Jan 2012!
More or less on the same year/month we have identified also other items listed here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5359053.0

The most valuable coin (current face value expressed in FIAT) is a casascius coin (1000 btc).

The first stamp with a bitcoin private key (bip38) has been produced by forum member @krogoth (cypherhold)

Satori, the famous tokens/chips minted in Japan, means: 
sudden enlightenment and a state of consciousness attained by intuitive illumination representing the spiritual goal of Zen Buddhism.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
raghavsood (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 07:34:37 AM

In Italian section, we made a competition/game in order to find "the earliest copy of newspaper or magazine that was citing bitcoin".
Winner of this even was @fillippone. He was able to retrieve a copy of local newspaper printed on  19 Jan 2012!
More or less on the same year/month we have identified also other items listed here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5359053.0

The most valuable coin (current face value expressed in FIAT) is a casascius coin (1000 btc).

The first stamp with a bitcoin private key (bip38) has been produced by forum member @krogoth (cypherhold)

Satori, the famous tokens/chips minted in Japan, means: 
sudden enlightenment and a state of consciousness attained by intuitive illumination representing the spiritual goal of Zen Buddhism.

I grant you two tickets, for the first newspaper and the Satori meaning - please select your numbers!

I'm already aware of Korgoth's works and the 1000 BTC coins, unfortunately (I have an unloaded one).

Remsjack

Vires in numeris

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 08:21:43 AM

Did you know that the most expensive Satori coin is Number 278 with a balance of 1.653BTC: 1Hobck16ciwkn2zSg11gqpdtDEk3KPiMTG Shocked
raghavsood (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 08:37:52 AM

Did you know that the most expensive Satori coin is Number 278 with a balance of 1.653BTC: 1Hobck16ciwkn2zSg11gqpdtDEk3KPiMTG Shocked

I did know this Smiley

There is a similar instance for MoonBits as well, where someone actively uses collectibles as a cold wallet:

✂️
It also looks like someone out there is actively using some MoonBits as a wallet - 1DFACEso4s and 1N7ufYeH7n from the 2019 R-Series 0.005 BTC set have been funded well over their face value over the course of multiple transactions in 2023.

Taken to an extreme, there's a Cas Silver 0.1 BTC with 50 BTC+ too: https://collectible.money/item/CASASCIUS-FINE-SILVER-1Agy2jwZS4

If you want to check out more extreme funding cases, run this query on the tracker's godmode: https://pastebin.com/B1zKJg4W

It lists out the top ten balances for each series where at least one item exists with a value >= 2x that of the median funding for that series.

Remsjack

Vires in numeris

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 08:57:01 AM

Oh, wow, thanks!
Remsjack

Vires in numeris

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 09:23:10 AM

In 2016, the designer of the satori coins tested one under water:
https://x.com/ayaLAN/status/739286423522529282
And it hodl Cheesy
raghavsood (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 09:54:20 AM

In 2016, the designer of the satori coins tested one under water:
https://x.com/ayaLAN/status/739286423522529282
And it hodl Cheesy

Not 100% sure if plastic stickers and chips being water resistant is news, but I'll allow it for the cool dive photos - select your second number, please!

Mitchell
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 2212

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 10:15:21 AM

This is not an interesting fact, but a lot of people assumed I was part owner of Silver Wallets. I was not, just sold them for them, much like I do now for Polymerbit.

I also used to do group buys for:
- Kialara, as you had to buy 5 at a time for the initial few releases, did five in total
- PaperSafe, that came with a custom EU stamp
- Bitcoin Penny
- f*D
- openDime
- BitPiece

Just felt like sharing. Forgot how many group buys I've actually done, nowadays everybody just reships via Minerjones. Tongue

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀