Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue withdrawing USD from CryptoXChange - RESOLVED  (Read 3810 times)
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 09:33:30 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2011, 05:07:34 PM by DeathAndTaxes

So despite a $15 fee it seems to be impossible to withdraw currency from that site.  Stupid me I decided I would try using the site.  Despite the slow logins, sometimes buggy interface, and low liquidity I kept at it because honestly I fear the future of Bitcoin with one exchanging controlling 90%+ of the volume.  Honestly it might as well be called Mt Gox coin.

So a week ago I paid the $15 fee (which IMHO is beyond ridiculous) to withdraw ~$400.

Problem #1
They need by driver's license #.  Now I got no problem with companies doing what they must to comply w/ AML statutues but be upfront about it.  Ask me for the info when I create an account not when I am trying to cashout.  Didn't like giving my driver's license number but what choice do I have all my funds are now in ill-liquid USD.

Problem #2
After entering driver's license I get a new error message that my phone details haven't be entered.  I enter that.  Grrr.  I have a feeling I know what will happen next.  Note there was no indication of phone # missing in problem #1.

Problem #3
Yup.  It needs my mailing address.  Ok cancel, cancel, account, profile, enter my mailing address.   Here is an idea how about you ask for everything you need up front to avoid multiple error messages.

Problem #4
Pin wouldn't work.  No problem I can reset me PIN.  Wait if I can reset my PIN that what good does having a PIN do?  Any attacker would need by pwd to login and if they can login they too can reset PIN.  It does nothing (well except keep me from withdrawing funds).

Problem #5
I reset my PIN, tried to use it, got error "invalid pin".  Two online chat w/ customer service got it working w/  PIN that didn't start w/ zero (makes me think PINs are stored internally at integers and thus "0123" becomes "123").

Problem #6
4 days later my status is still "placing".  So much for high fees in return for 24 hour withdraw times.

Problem #7
Online chat is down and email to customer service goes nowhere.  So my request is in "placing".  Anyone know what status "placing" means? Of course not.

Problem #8
Finally Friday evening via Bitcoin talk forum PM I get a hold of the Cryptoxchange rep he assumes me the request will be resubmitted on Monday.  No idea why it didn't work.  They offer to pay me out in Mt. Gox code but stupidly I decline.  Mt Gox -> Dwolla -> Bank is going to be another 4+ days.  In hindsight I should have done it.  Still nothing is going to happen till Monday.

Problem #9
Monday I login and the prior withdraw has been manually canceled.  No email, no Bitcoin talk forum PM.  Just blam my withdraw has been undone.  How do I know manually because the person who did it changed the status to "cancle".  

Problem #10
Tried online chat - keeps saying available but no chat operator every picks up,  tried the "black hole" (support email) with predictable results.  Tried to PM Cryptoxchange rep and get no response all day.

Problem #11
So I am stuck.  The exchange doesn't have sufficient bid liquidity to buy me out.   I can't remove the funds as they only have one "ultra fast"/ultra expensive method which doesn't work.  If it was any other exchange I could simply buy BTC for USD at the ask, transfer BTC to another exchange and sell at the bid.  At most it would cost 1% to 3%.  

Update:
The issue was resolved satisfactorily.  The wire they sent on Monday (at no cost due to the problems I was having) for full USD balance cleared today (Wednesday). 
Hopefully they can get their withdraw issues ironed out because otherwise it was a pretty good exchange.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 09:39:35 PM

Have you tried intersango?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 09:45:29 PM

And how do you feel about them doing it after you endorsing them in your avatar and signature space? Cheesy
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 09:45:57 PM

That's pretty awful... and I'll stay away from cryptoxchange.

(BFL)^2 < 0
cryptoxchange

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 09:47:08 PM

Hi DeathAndTaxes,

We're currently investigating what went wrong with this transfer of yours. Your frustration with this withdraw is very understandable.

Regardless, we will be happy to provide a Gox USD coupon for you to cash out - you are correct this withdraw has taken much too long and we apologize.

One of our support staff was travelling today, which may be why your Live Support request went unanswered. I'm currently available there to chat with you and will make sure you're taken care of.

Regards,
-Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 09:47:17 PM

And how do you feel about them doing it after you endorsing them in your avatar and signature space? Cheesy

Well technically advertising isn't an endorsement but I felt I should try the exchange if I was going to offer ad space.  The selling ad space was more a "civil disobedience" against the Thermos' no banner ads rule.  My first post-ban Avatar was "your ad here 1 BTC per month".  I do guess there is some Karma in getting burned by the same substandard product I was advertising though.  Smiley  
Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 09:48:31 PM

Well I guess I should be glad that I was never able to sign up because I had issues with their website.

I just never had a big reason to use exchange other than MtGox/dwolla since I'm in the U.S to keep things simple with minimal fees.
Darren (TradeHill)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 10:01:04 PM

Well I guess I should be glad that I was never able to sign up because I had issues with their website.

I just never had a big reason to use exchange other than MtGox/dwolla since I'm in the U.S to keep things simple with minimal fees.

Hello Litt,

If you're looking for an alternative to Dwolla withdrawal in the states, TradeHill offers free withdrawal via check within the USA.  You can read a short review here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50559.0

Darren
TradeHill
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 10:05:10 PM

Since everyone is suggesting alternatives, here goes my recommendation: CampBX. I have been trading there for a few months without any problem.

Regarding CryptoX, they are relatively new. It's understandable that not everything is working...
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 10:15:27 PM

It sounds like your customer service experience was horrible. I hope these guys and all exchanges are taking notes.

One thing that really bugs me is this "oh, we're going to need 5 kinds of ID and all kinds of personal information, but we won't tell you that until we have your money."

Not cool guys. If you're asking for that stuff it needs to be in bold red text an inch high on the deposit page.

Be up front with ALL your terms and conditions; people will appreciate it.
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 02:25:55 AM

An update.  Still waiting on the promised Mt. Gox code to cashout.  Was told it would be soon, then 2 hours, it has still not been provided.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 08:43:33 AM

Time to start buying BTC...
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 09:22:26 AM

Here in this forum they've said that their service may also be used as a BTC eWallet, in which case they do not intend to track you. They track you only if you want to withdraw fiat, if everything that goes in and out are BTCs, they can preserve users' privacy, without breaking any laws. So that probably explains why they allow you to create the account without providing personal data. Doesn't justify the other issues, though.
cryptoxchange

Activity: 305

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 10:08:03 AM

Hi,

The Automated withdrawal issue for USD has been fixed, we are sorry that there were any delays.

We have BitInstant integration which will be online and working within a day or two in which is a fast and cheap withdrawal method.

In January our $15 Fees will also be reduced to around $5, as we are changing some banking systems which will bring our cost per transaction down.

Thank You

Regards

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 02:49:13 PM

An update:
cryptoxchange sent me a wire for full USD balance and waived all fees because of the issues I have been having.  Hopefully it clears today or tomorrow I will let everyone know.

For the record I don't think cryptoXChange is a scam they just seem to have some glitches.  Hopefully they can iron them out as until a week a good I had a good experience using them.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 03:53:48 PM

I use Tradehill and CampBX regularly, along wtih MtGox... I really like CampBX, but the liquidity is lacking, sadly... and Tradehill allows me to withdraw to my AU bank account, so I like them for that if nothing else.  But again,  liquidity is lacking.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 04:29:40 PM

Shakarus Offical Exhange Rating System

MtGox: You got a problem? You solve it! Check out this page while our CS delays respondin!

TrdaeHill: Something went wrong? We will look into and fix it. We will promise you a time frame, and we will do our best to resolve it within that time.

BitBux: MIA. Before that, they would drive to your home to make the deal. Alex, I miss you Sad

WMCenter: Quick. Responsive. Horible rates

BitcoinExchange.CC: SCAM. Users have recently sending in orders and not has come out of the site. At one point they did process orders, but never without issue and never without me having to TRACK THEM DOWN AND CALL THEM to get my money back. Read the topics on the forum

CyryptoXchange: Yet to try. Your next

Personally I use TradeHill. In bitcoin, things go wrong and when they do the people at TradeHill take care of it. MtGox will forever be just one inch above Scam in my mind.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 06:06:51 PM

I tend to agree with you Shakaru.  Pretty accurate asessment.  I have yet to have any issues on CampBX, but I use them the least between Tradehill and MTGox, so I don't know how their support is... TradeHill is, in my experience, a little slow in support issues, but not to the point of complete ridiculousness like MTGox, thankfully.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 07:09:44 PM

I tend to agree with you Shakaru.  Pretty accurate asessment.  I have yet to have any issues on CampBX, but I use them the least between Tradehill and MTGox, so I don't know how their support is... TradeHill is, in my experience, a little slow in support issues, but not to the point of complete ridiculousness like MTGox, thankfully.

Support at CampBX is great.  Personally I'd do quite a bit more trading there if the volume wasn't so low.  I'd also recommend Intersango, especially since they have no fees Smiley
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 07:37:30 PM

I'm just curious, if their exchange is profitable  Huh (Worst case: someone finds a new security issue in an application used by Intersango and Bitcoins are stolen → Do you have a strategy for such cases?)

We did have a mistake once when we first migrated to the new Intersango from Britcoin. We accidentally sent 1 BTC to someone 500 times. This money comes out of our own pockets.

Since we only keep a small reserve online at a time (most funds are offline) then it is pretty safe. We have the reserve wallet covered: https://intersango.com/security.php
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: