Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 11:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a dual ryzen 9 5950x cpu miner for randomx  (Read 86 times)
anyonmus11 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 02:59:24 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm planning to set up a mining rig with dual Ryzen 9 5950X CPUs and I'm looking for advice on the best way to approach this. My main goals are to maximize efficiency and ensure stability over the long term. Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. **Motherboard Recommendations:** Which motherboard would you suggest that supports dual Ryzen 9 5950X CPUs? I'm particularly interested in something that can handle the power and cooling requirements.

2. **Cooling Solutions:** What cooling setup would be optimal for this rig? I want to avoid overheating issues, especially since I'll be running it 24/7.

3. **Power Supply Unit (PSU):** What PSU capacity would you recommend for such a setup to ensure smooth and reliable operation?

4. **Mining Software:** Which software works best with Ryzen CPUs for mining? Are there any specific optimizations I should be aware of?

5. **General Tips:** Any other tips or considerations that might help me avoid common pitfalls?

Thanks in advance for your help!
JayDDee

Activity: 1420
Merit: 225

View Profile
August 21, 2024, 06:11:05 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

I never know how seriously to take this kind of question, it's incredible that someone could the that naive so I assume it's as troll.
For the record dual socket Ryzen does not exist, someone wanting to build an exotic system should already know that and a whole lot more.

anyonmus11 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 01:20:13 AM

there is no way to have 2 Ryzen 9 5950x mining on the same rig?
miner29

Activity: 1275
Merit: 141

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 02:34:14 AM

there is no way to have 2 Ryzen 9 5950x mining on the same rig?

No…it a stand alone….there is no such thing as dual 5950x…you would Epyc or Xeon and now it gets very expensive. 
JayDDee

Activity: 1420
Merit: 225

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 02:43:43 AM

Also, mining isn't profitable at the momemt so it's not the time to "invest" in new equipment just for mining.

Crypt0Gore

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 06:25:14 AM

Unfortunately you can't run two processors in one motherboard unlike graphic cards.

The cheapest motherboard I can find right now is the As rock A320M Pro4 and the PRO-VH, you can get these around $55 to $60 on aliexpress.

But the fact this a Ryzen 5950x CPU can only give you $0.36 per day while the power to run this is almost $0.60 per day, unless you aren't going to pay for electricity.

Now running these two CPU separately will even cost you more money on bills. ..

* I will recommend buy cooler with the motherboard direct, even the cheapest ones will work fine.

* Since you will be running CPU only a 450 watts PSU is more than enough.

* You can use Nicehash mining software since it's very straight forward for newbies and beginners.

GoodLuck

▄███████████████████████▄
████████████░████████████
███████████▀▄████████████
█████████▀▀▄██▀▀█████████
█████████▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀████████
██▄▄▄▄▀▀██▌▐█▌▐██▄▄▀▀▀▀██
████████▄▀▀▄▄▄░██████████
█████████▄▄██▀▄██████████
████████████▀▄███████████
███████████▌░▐███████████
▀███████████████████████▀

PredX
●  Politics
●  Crypto
●  Sports
●  Stocks
●  AI
●  Others
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████

Play Now
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 02:37:34 PM

It's a very questionable idea to build a PC with a Ryzen 5950x processor on a 320 chipset motherboard.
This chipset has 1 PCIe 3.0 x16 and limited memory support.
You need a 550 chipset motherboard with PCIe 4.0 x16 and more advanced support for performance memory.

Then you can equip your PC with a PCIe 4.0 x16 graphics card and mine other coins or rent them out.

Since the processor will be under constant load, you need the best cooler like Zalman CNPS9X Performa Black 180Watt, not the standard version at 110 watts.

But the payback on such solutions is very bad.

█████████████████████████
████████▀▀████▀▀█▀▀██████
█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████
██▄███████████████▀▀▄▄███
███▄███▀████████▀███▄████
█████▄████▀▀▀▀████▄██████
████████▄▄████▄▄█████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: