Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 02:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to have a conversation about ALT Coins  (Read 18 times)
Crypto_OCD (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2024, 10:17:04 PM

So, I think I recently stumbled upon a revelation.  Like, a lightbulb just went off in my head. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends interested in cryptocurrency so I don't have anyone to talk to and bounce ideas off of.  So, now I'm stuck.

Many years back I stumbled upon crypto currencies. Everyone says do your own research. Well, I didn't find much information out there at the time besides everyone having a white paper and good luck being a new guy in crypto and trying to understand the verbiage in the whitepapers. So, I guess I used my imagination to think about why I would want to collect a bunch of different types of crypto. I was very naive and I figured that every product on earth would eventually make it to the blockchain in some way, shape or form.  I assumed my internet provider would be taking their own coin for service and you would be paying for streaming services like NetFlix with crypto.  Well, a time has passed and I was wrong. It was just a guess afterall. Don't get me wrong. I did quite well for myself so please don't think that this is a sad story.  It has nothing to do with money.

Fast forward 8 years and I see many companies employing the services of crypto companies in their business to harden and enhance privacy, security and logistics. However, I also see that they are proudly accepting the US Dollar or bitcoin for their service. So, may I ask. What is the purpose of collecting different crypto projects coins? If these crypto companies on various blockchains can collect US dollars or BTC for the use of their service, what is the reason to buy a particular company's coin? And Please! This is a serious question. Besides Bitcoin. What is the reason a non developer, regular joe could benefit from collecting a bunch of these various cryptocurrencies. If you are just a regular non-tech guy like me, why do you collect various coins and what do you think they will do for you in the future?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: