Bitcoin Forum
September 14, 2024, 02:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update: I redeemed my BHcoin Series 1. What happens now? How much are you offeri  (Read 139 times)
alandelon (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 05:48:35 AM

Hello, as some of you may already know, about a week ago I was trying to sell my BHcoin Series 1 from 2013. I received many positive messages, as well as comments suggesting that it was better to redeem it rather than risk losing it in the mail. There were also comments about the hologram not being in the best condition for selling. Additionally, another person wanted to buy it, but since I don’t live in the United States, it would be very complicated.

So, I took the initiative to redeem the coin. It wasn’t easy; honestly, "breaking" a hologram was horrible. Seeing such a mysterious coin, which in the future could be worth thousands of dollars more with the hologram intact, was a very unpleasant experience. However, I cut it in a very precise manner to keep the hologram in the best possible condition, so it would still have significant value, and if it gets certified, even better! It's very similar to Casascius coins. Fortunately, I managed to record a video of the cutting process; I don’t show the secret words as I want to hand them over to the new owner on the day of sale.

Now, my question is: how much are you willing to pay for this coin? If so, I’d like to know the value you would assign to it. This way, I could send it to the United States without fear of it containing BTC, as it has already been redeemed. I look forward to your responses. By the way, thank you very much for the comments on my previous post; they definitely opened my eyes and were very honest. Thanks!

You can watch the video at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEcjrkR1lXU

And here is a video from when the hologram was still intact.: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fYy-XZ1FgJY
raghavsood
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 425

Track Burns @ burned.money

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 05:53:59 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2024, 06:12:03 AM by raghavsood

Are you certain you have managed to redeem this? Redeeming requires you to actually make a transaction and move the btc to a new address in another wallet.

The coin from your previous post still appears to have its btc balance, with no pending transactions

https://collectible.money/item/2013BHCOIN-SERIE-1-1Nvf1xnnqW

https://mempool.space/address/1Nvf1xnnqWarirCP8fhhSBtZL9U6RFrqD8

Simply importing the key into a wallet is not sufficient
If you ship this to someone now with the full hologram and key, they would be able to access the coins.

Track burns @ burned.money | Track Collectibles @ collectible.money | Track Value @ isbtc1m.com
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 2354

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 06:01:31 AM

as raghavsood stated, you need to do more than import it. you need to move it or sweep it into another wallet.

can someone list the value of this coin? I have not seen a peeled one sold ever (that I can recollect). I would love to add it to my collection though.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
alandelon (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 06:12:20 AM

Are you certain you have managed to redeem this? Redeeming requires you to actually make a transaction and move the btc to a new address in another wallet.

The coin from your previous post still appears to have its b balance, with no pending transactions

If you ship this to someone now with the full hologram and key, they would be able to access the coins.

I haven’t sent my funds yet; that’s why I also blurred the private key. I will move my funds when I feel more at ease and I want to do it right. These things make me very anxious, and I apologize for the mistake: this coin is number 35, not 96. I currently have 2 BHcoin: 96 and 35. I will hold onto 96 until the end, and I need to sell 35 by the end of this year urgently. Thank you for correcting me; I have updated the previous post.
raghavsood
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 06:13:49 AM

The coin from your previous post still appears to have its b balance, with no pending transactions

I haven’t sent my funds yet; that’s why I also blurred the private key. I will move my funds when I feel more at ease and I want to do it right. These things make me very anxious, and I apologize for the mistake: this coin is number 35, not 96. I currently have 2 BHcoin: 96 and 35. I will hold onto 96 until the end, and I need to sell 35 by the end of this year urgently. Thank you for correcting me; I have updated the previous post.

Additionally, given the age of this coin, you are also eligible to claim forks such as BCH by importing the key into a wallet for that chain.

I would strongly suggest you redeem the BTC first, before attempting to redeem forks if you haven't done this before.

Track burns @ burned.money | Track Collectibles @ collectible.money | Track Value @ isbtc1m.com
alandelon (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 06:20:04 AM

Additionally, given the age of this coin, you are also eligible to claim forks such as BCH by importing the key into a wallet for that chain.

I would strongly suggest you redeem the BTC first, before attempting to redeem forks if you haven't done this before.

Oh, right, that's true. I completely forgot about Bitcoin Cash. Thanks a lot, man! Honestly, I’m waiting for my Ledger to send my bitcoins. As soon as it arrives, I’ll move my funds to that wallet to keep them secure. If I told you how many bitcoins I’ve lost, it would be like a horror movie, haha. I was lucky to get in back in 2013, but the only coins I have left are BHCoin. Meanwhile, my wallets with hundreds of bitcoins are in the underworld Sad
Another question: how much could I ask for this coin, already redeemed and everything?

henkcryptotank

Activity: 743
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 06:59:17 AM

I would just auction it here on the forum. Let the market rule!

GrtzTank
alandelon (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 07:12:05 AM

GrtzTank

I would like to know what price I could start with. Honestly, no one is helping me figure out what price I could start at... about $600? And then going up from there?
raghavsood
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 07:14:55 AM

GrtzTank

I would like to know what price I could start with. Honestly, no one is helping me figure out what price I could start at... about $600? And then going up from there?

A common format is to start at 0.001 with minimum increments of 0.0001.

I would expect this to go for between 0.007 and 0.013

CARIBBEAN_TREASURES
Copper Member

Activity: 601
Merit: 308

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 07:16:11 AM

GrtzTank

I bought one 2 years ago redeemed for a little over $500
alandelon (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 07:25:21 AM

GrtzTank

Great! Now, with your help, I have a reference. Let's agree that I cut the hologram very well, and it's only slightly noticeable that it's cut. I think that would increase the price quite a bit, but it's a very good idea. When you sold it, was it with the hologram intact, cut like mine, or just peeled off?

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1344

View Profile
August 25, 2024, 09:54:00 AM

GrtzTank

Great! Now, with your help, I have a reference. Let's agree that I cut the hologram very well, and it's only slightly noticeable that it's cut. I think that would increase the price quite a bit, but it's a very good idea. When you sold it, was it with the hologram intact, cut like mine, or just peeled off?

Just remember the market will decide, chances are if you start at say BTC0.008
there is a good chance you wont go much over that.

Starting with raghavsood's suggestion of starting at 0.001 gets potentially more
people invested.

just my 2c - GLWS

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1143

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2024, 01:23:36 PM

Just remember the market will decide, chances are if you start at say BTC0.008
there is a good chance you wont go much over that.

Starting with raghavsood's suggestion of starting at 0.001 gets potentially more
people invested.

just my 2c - GLWS

+1 to starting low- the last minutes of bidding tend to get intense.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: