Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 03:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ledger Users and Ledger Live and Firmware?  (Read 29 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 06:03:04 PM

Have a nano ledger s plus.  Months ago, I noticed there was a nano ledger s plus firmware but I did not have a chance to do it.  I am on version 1.1.0 and months ago version 1.1.1 came out.  I was planning to update it but did not get a chance.  I now notice version 1.1.2 is out.

I was using an older version of ledger live for a few months and did the ledger live update from the message you get on the top right.  I'm now on ledger live 2.85.1.  When I did this, I notice that it tells me to update to OS 1.1.2?  Can someone explain to me why it will show that?  So ledger live knows my firmware on my nano ledger s plus is old and out of date?  I did not connect my nano ledger s plus during this time when I just did the ledger live update.  I recall you always update the ledger live first before you go and update the ledger firmware.

Now when I check ledger live update, it seems to say ledger live 2.85 has issues and to revert back to 2.84 below?  I believe I was using ledger live 2.65 or so before I did this update so I didn't go from one update to the next update etc. 

https://support.ledger.com/article/Issues-installing-apps-after-updating-to-Ledger-Live-2-85

I am planning on connecting my nano ledger s plus to my laptop to update the firmware from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2 but now should I delete ledger live first because there seems to be issues with ledger live 2.85?  I'm using 2.85.1 though?

Are there any issues with ledger live 2.85.1 at the moment?  Is it fine to just do a firmware update with the nano ledger s plus or revert back to ledger live 2.84 first?  Could I even do this?  I went from ledger live 2.65 or so to 2.85.1?

jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 06:05:50 PM

I like to know if anyone here confirm version 2.85.1 is working fine?  Why does it show a message that says my firmware is out of date if I didn't connect my ledger to it?

I have to update my nano ledger s plus to it as I have to update the firmware from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2.  I didn't do the 1.1.1 update a while back and then a new 1.1.2 came out.

Do I need to uninstall ledger live first and reinstall again?  If I install ledger live from the website, it is going to be 2.85.1 and not 2.84 right?  So the only issue was 2.85 and not 2.85.1?  I read a post from the ledger site that said lot of people complained about 2.85 issues and they recommended to downgrade to 2.84.  But is 2.85.1 fine?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3094

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2024, 07:25:12 PM

By checking their X and Reddit there's no report yet if there's an issue using Ledger Live 2.85.1 so I guess it should be safe.

However, why do you still stay using this hardware wallet with no open-source code? No open-source meaning we do not know if the issue they keep reporting is inside jobs or not?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: