Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:57:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @TheCryptoRush -What the hell is going on  (Read 1752 times)
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:45:57 AM

Is there a tiny chance that they're coming back and sort this shit out? Any updates on twitter... I hate it so don't use it Tongue I din't have much... just 0.08 BTC there, which I bought ECC and a second later their wallet went into "maintenance" mode. My shit is stuck there in limbo now...

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:18:13 AM

Need to keep up with the forums.. took a small loss myself by moving to LTC and getting out in time.

I heard the attack was somehow related to their git repo (though that part didn't make sense to me), that allowed hacker access to their wallet linux server via SSH... and well once that happens, it's over....

Ah, the old "the password was in the source code" scam, gosh old tricks still working after all this time.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
suttcoin894

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:29:26 AM

These days coin prices decline sharply, aren't you a pain, everybody is very painful.
loszhor

Activity: 369

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:29:43 AM

So far the only way I've been able to directly withdraw BTC is at the minimum of .001 BUT the fee is .0006. Not cool. Best find an alt that will cycle out.

EDIT: The highest I've gotten out is .008 in one go but still if you have a lot on BTC stored you'll get nickel and dimed to death. Those .0006's will add up fast.

16wQCVFXYuSp4AYsBqV9Uqa2dd1V4YXvJ5
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:10:57 AM

Actually the lack of communication is the most annoying.
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:27:23 PM

Actually the lack of communication is the most annoying.
Yes they need to update members every day but no response is creating more problems for them and more frustration for coins holders

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:30:58 PM

Yes they need to update members every day but no response is creating more problems for them and more frustration for coins holders

Agree. What they doing is quite an unprofessional approach.
faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:32:09 PM

I was upset with these rumors and lost my 75% of all total holds at this exchange

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:25:09 PM

I was upset with these rumors and lost my 75% of all total holds at this exchange

Sorry to hear that.
WayToGo

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:31:26 PM

When BAT coin got listed in cryptsy, i moved all my coins as BAT.
Dont know whether the BAT coin withdrawal is suspended now or not.

Look for the next coin to be listed in cryptsy and you could be lucky in narrowing your losses, if you act swiftly.

These crappy exchanges with little security is killing the crypto coin community.
Gazza1 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:22:02 PM

Thank god for Dogecoin.  I took the loss and managed to get everything out in time.  And now they are down. Shocked  Had previously tried LTC, but I guess they shut that down too as it wasn't working.

Dogecoin is a good investment anyway, I just would have preferred to do more trading in the meantime with those coins before buying in and at the lower price of course.  But it's all good.

I would have loved to do more of the batcoins but 1 sat orders weren't getting filled and 2 sat is a big gamble atm.

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Gazza1 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:23:21 PM

Ouch man

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:27:44 PM

When BAT coin got listed in cryptsy, i moved all my coins as BAT.
Dont know whether the BAT coin withdrawal is suspended now or not.

Look for the next coin to be listed in cryptsy and you could be lucky in narrowing your losses, if you act swiftly.

These crappy exchanges with little security is killing the crypto coin community.

Crapcoins do not care about security. Try telling them their chains are too insanely insecure - too little hashing power - for real world use and they freak out totally, all they care about is scamming people with their crappy little insecure toy blockchains.

The only way exchanges can be secure against double-spends and blockchain forks and re-writes and such is by only listing coins that have seriously high hashpower.

But who cares? Just clone a bunch more crapcoins and keep on scamming, what does it matter if you lose a few now and then?

They utterly resist securing their chains, even to the extent of deliberately making them hard to secure.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:48:06 PM

Need to keep up with the forums.. took a small loss myself by moving to LTC and getting out in time.

I heard the attack was somehow related to their git repo (though that part didn't make sense to me), that allowed hacker access to their wallet linux server via SSH... and well once that happens, it's over....

Ah, the old "the password was in the source code" scam, gosh old tricks still working after all this time.

-MarkM-

I think Sygma mentioned yesterday on #cryptorush that somebody did a git clone of something (presumably CR code) into their webserver document root directory …

Use of malicious negative trust to suppress free speech brings discredit on the bitcoin community
Raxe.io

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:58:21 PM

To top this off, small exchanges are not doing security audits by appropriate people. Penetration testers like us will add security factors. Alot of these small exchanges are running open source slightly modified code. If anyone needs help with designing or securing exchange please let us know so we can alleviate these problems in the future.

https://twitter.com/RaxeSoftware
contact@raxe.io

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: