Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY 0.03/bug] Help test next major release of Armory! (0.91.1)  (Read 6556 times)
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:21:05 PM

Tried it on Windows 8.1 64 Bit, didn't found any bugs except some small errors.

Step-4 UI is little bit messed up
https://i.imgur.com/65MO2PK.png

There's no Armory 0.90 Download in windows 8.1
https://i.imgur.com/aeJmDga.png

I tried to recover a unencrypted backup wallet just for testing and it said "99 errors where found"

Errors were about chain index
http://pastie.org/8983553

Ps: Torrent download works great.
https://i.imgur.com/R2Xv41b.png
https://i.imgur.com/XKNKnDB.png

Most likely a non sequential address entry order. This alone doesn't constitute an error. It's a clue in case other errors occurred though.

I just failed to send some coin to three addresses. It got as far as asking for my password, but when I clicked Unlock it returned to the "Sending from Wallet" dialog. There was no error message. I'm pretty sure I had the right password (and if I hadn't, I'd expect a helpful error message saying as much). I tried again after deleting the last address, and that failed the same way. I then deleted another address, so that only one was left, and that succeeded as expected.

(This was all on my desktop; no offline signing shenanigans involved.)

Fixed this error this morning. Will be part of the next testing build

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:43:28 PM

I cannot export transactions any more.

I tried "Help-> Rebuild and Rescan Databases" with a restart afterwards as well, but it doesn't help.
btw: I'm deeply impressed by the startup speed increase  Shocked

Code:
2014-03-31 12:50 (ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/armory/qtdialogs.py", line 8778, in accept
    if self.createFile_CSV():
  File "/usr/lib/armory/qtdialogs.py", line 8856, in createFile_CSV
    f.write('Export Date:, %s\n' % unixTimeToFormatStr(RightNow()))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

Should be fixed for 0.90.99.6

japandrew73

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:18:32 AM

I just downloaded the newest version and believe I've found a bug.  I'm running Armory on a 2010 MacBook Pro with Mavericks 10.9.2.

Every time I try to open the application, it jumps up and down on my dock and then force-quits itself.  I am never actually able to fully open the app.  I noticed this error was occurring on the previous version as well.  I have a desire to use Armory but am currently forced to use Electrum due to their OSX support with the latest version of Mavericks. 

I really hope you guys can fix this bug so I can open Armory and switch over from Electrum!
CircusPeanut

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:53:01 AM

Should "Review Offline Transaction" show more information?

I've now created an offline wallet, sent some coins to it, created a transaction on my desktop, signed it with the offline machine, and broadcast it with the online machine. It all seems to work OK. However, I noticed that the dialog to review the transaction before signing or broadcasting seems to be missing information. There's nothing for the "Wallet:" or even the "Transaction Amount:", although those should surely be known. Also, clicking for "more information about this transaction" did nothing. The dialog after "Sign" or "Broadcast" did show some information, including the transaction amount.

Good find Brangdon. I can reproduce this issue (or one like it) in my debugger.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 01:15:32 AM

I just downloaded the newest version and believe I've found a bug.  I'm running Armory on a 2010 MacBook Pro with Mavericks 10.9.2.

Every time I try to open the application, it jumps up and down on my dock and then force-quits itself.  I am never actually able to fully open the app.  I noticed this error was occurring on the previous version as well.  I have a desire to use Armory but am currently forced to use Electrum due to their OSX support with the latest version of Mavericks. 

I really hope you guys can fix this bug so I can open Armory and switch over from Electrum!

Hey japandrew73,

If Armory is bouncing on the dock, that's a good sign -- at least it's trying to open, and probably left us some useful messages in the log file.  If you simply double-clicked it without any command-line args, etc, then it created a log file in

~/Library/Application Support/Armory/armorylog.txt

Could you either post the contents, or just the end of it?

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
CircusPeanut

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:50:54 AM

I just failed to send some coin to three addresses. It got as far as asking for my password, but when I clicked Unlock it returned to the "Sending from Wallet" dialog. There was no error message. I'm pretty sure I had the right password (and if I hadn't, I'd expect a helpful error message saying as much). I tried again after deleting the last address, and that failed the same way. I then deleted another address, so that only one was left, and that succeeded as expected.

I am unable to reproduce this bug. If you can make it happen again, please do so, export the log file (using the File menu), and send it to us here: https://bitcoinarmory.com/support/
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:02:21 AM

I am unable to reproduce this bug. If you can make it happen again, please do so, export the log file (using the File menu), and send it to us here: https://bitcoinarmory.com/support/

I'm pretty sure that goatpig already fixed this.   You probably don't see it because you've already pulled the fix that he pushed.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
TheAwer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:36:14 AM

I have a feeling that the "Scanning Transaction History" time remaining counter should be counting down, not up.  It's been more than 30 minutes since I opened Armory and it has gone from 27 to 30 minutes remaining.

On the other hand, at least I can open the new Armory on my Mac!
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:46:38 PM

Most likely a non sequential address entry order. This alone doesn't constitute an error. It's a clue in case other errors occurred though.

I think he's talking about the grammatical error though. "Were found" vs. "Where found".
moug

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:20:41 PM

I have a feeling that the "Scanning Transaction History" time remaining counter should be counting down, not up.  It's been more than 30 minutes since I opened Armory and it has gone from 27 to 30 minutes remaining.

I had same thing happen it said 1 hour then 30 minutes then 1 hours then 100,99,98 blocks, I should have
recorded all this but went to sleep, but it is working.

XP SP3 2G ram.

Once it's up to date it could say some thing like OK or a green check mark, in the dashboard.

How do I insert a image .jpg file?

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:28:11 PM

I think he's talking about the grammatical error though. "Were found" vs. "Where found".

Yes, I realized that only later and facepalmed. I reduced the verbose on that particular kind of error anyway.

I have a feeling that the "Scanning Transaction History" time remaining counter should be counting down, not up.  It's been more than 30 minutes since I opened Armory and it has gone from 27 to 30 minutes remaining.

I had same thing happen it said 1 hour then 30 minutes then 1 hours then 100,99,98 blocks, I should have
recorded all this but went to sleep, but it is working.

XP SP3 2G ram.

Once it's up to date it could say some thing like OK or a green check mark, in the dashboard.

How do I insert a image .jpg file?

The ETA calculation is a little wacky. It estimates progress linearly when newer blocks are generally harder to parse. It's among the things I'm working on so I'll get to it eventually.

Not that, it's wacky, simply because it's hard to estimate. Will still try to find something better.

windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:46:09 PM

Had an "Armory is out of date" notice on first run on OSX, then it goes away.

TheAwer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:58:25 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 01:14:16 AM by TheAwer

Had an "Armory is out of date" notice on first run on OSX, then it goes away.

I had that too.

EDIT: except it comes back on each restart.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:06:10 PM

Known issue. Trying out the new notifier feature, we got a little aggressive. Should be fixed for 0.90.99.6

Natanael

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 11:28:48 PM

Another 99% crash.

http://imgur.com/XdpxWRy
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:02:25 AM

Another 99% crash.

http://imgur.com/XdpxWRy

Did you wipe your previous DB before building with 0.90.99.5?

TheAwer

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:13:32 AM

I have an issue with the transaction log on OSX.  In the previous version, I received bitcoin, sent some, received some more, and then sent it all out.

I forget what the transaction log looked like in the previous version, but after I installed the new beta the last transaction is missing under the transactions log.  The balance is shown as 0.00, but under transactions there are only my first three transactions, not the latest one that emptied my wallet. 

Transaction 1: +0.145259
Transaction 2: -0.1001
Transaction 3: +0.064
Transaction 4: empties wallet, but not shown under transactions.
japandrew73

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:16:02 AM

Hey japandrew73,

If Armory is bouncing on the dock, that's a good sign -- at least it's trying to open, and probably left us some useful messages in the log file.  If you simply double-clicked it without any command-line args, etc, then it created a log file in

~/Library/Application Support/Armory/armorylog.txt

Could you either post the contents, or just the end of it?

It ended up working after all.  The first time I booted the app from the desktop but when I moved it to my applications folder it opened properly and working great!

I have the previous version of Armory running on my Raspberry Pi offline.  The version that wallet was created on shouldn't conflict at all with the version I'm running on my Mac should it?  Seems like it wouldn't be an issue if I'm running a "watch-only" wallet on my Macbook anyways.

moug

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:31:21 AM

OK
I did have a big problem with XP SP3 and 2G ram.

I had it running for ~1 day with Utorrent and Firefox(watching video), and some how ALL of my hard drive was used up!
So I checked and my bitcoin dir was ~18 GB and Armory ~20 GB what I failed to do was check the memory
file size. It was set to auto on that drive. I never had that problem before! and some "unknown" IP's on
active ports program.

I rebooted and changed the "system managed size" to a fixed size 4096.
And my drive had ~76 GB free space back.

And it's working again on XP SP3 2 GB ram. not looking for bounty.
I do have a pdf of screen shot's of when it's started, to when it up to date how to send?
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:35:44 AM

I have an issue with the transaction log on OSX.  In the previous version, I received bitcoin, sent some, received some more, and then sent it all out.

I forget what the transaction log looked like in the previous version, but after I installed the new beta the last transaction is missing under the transactions log.  The balance is shown as 0.00, but under transactions there are only my first three transactions, not the latest one that emptied my wallet. 

Transaction 1: +0.145259
Transaction 2: -0.1001
Transaction 3: +0.064
Transaction 4: empties wallet, but not shown under transactions.

Known ledger issue, fixed for 0.90.99.6

OK
I did have a big problem with XP SP3 and 2G ram.

I had it running for ~1 day with Utorrent and Firefox(watching video), and some how ALL of my hard drive was used up!
So I checked and my bitcoin dir was ~18 GB and Armory ~20 GB what I failed to do was check the memory
file size. It was set to auto on that drive. I never had that problem before! and some "unknown" IP's on
active ports program.

I rebooted and changed the "system managed size" to a fixed size 4096.
And my drive had ~76 GB free space back.

And it's working again on XP SP3 2 GB ram. not looking for bounty.
I do have a pdf of screen shot's of when it's started, to when it up to date how to send?

Unknown IPs are from Bitcoin core peer connections. As for Windows, the cluster size should remain 4096.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: