Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:46:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY 0.03/bug] Help test next major release of Armory! (0.91.1)  (Read 6556 times)
qnxt

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:22:09 AM

The copyright date in the about box is still 2011-2013 instead of 2011-2014, even though I think I saw that acknowledged when I reported it before. Version number was updated, just not the year.

A couple other minor ones:

https://i.imgur.com/lDQjGBU.png
Shows under announcements under All Available Notifications, which is a little confusing, but pretty trivial.

Reported this one before, just cosmetic since I can resize to fix it (but that's not obvious). It happens after I select "Use an existing address for change":
https://i.imgur.com/1sG72lJ.png

(Edit: And rc2 does work on OS X; thanks.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qnxt

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:04:11 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 04:49:46 PM by qnxt

After performing a consistency check, it gets stuck on the dialog with the menu options all grayed out. I can drag the window around, just not do anything, and ended up having to kill the Python process. This occurs for recoveries too, not just consistency checks (tested with a couple other options from "Fix Damaged Wallet" and it did the same.)

https://i.imgur.com/Uufq57P.png

According to the wallet recovery log, it succeeded. "armorylog.txt" contains the following error:

2014-04-27 21:52 (ERROR) -- ArmoryUtils.py:2786 - Error in pybkgdthread: setRecoveryDone() takes exactly 5 arguments (4 given)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 2784, in run
    self.output = self.func()
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 2721, in funcPartial
    return thefunc(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/PyBtcWalletRecovery.py", line 1867, in ParseWallet
    dlg.setRecoveryDone(wlterror, goodWallets, fixedWlt)
TypeError: setRecoveryDone() takes exactly 5 arguments (4 given)

Edit: File->Minimize Armory hides the window...permanently. (OS X still.) Couldn't figure out how to make it reappear without quitting and relaunching. (Edit again: It hides the main window, not the stuck consistency check window, to clarify. Menu items are grayed out for the stuck window, so Minimize wouldn't even be an option. So these are unrelated bugs.)
KaChingCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:55:18 PM

BTC not arrived yet

No rush, just letting you know
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 03:49:57 PM

BTC not arrived yet

Was going to collect all bug reports and distribute once 0.91.1 is released.  If you are anxious, I can send to you now.  But I'll do a batch send for everyone when this is done.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
KaChingCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:55:11 PM

BTC not arrived yet

Was going to collect all bug reports and distribute once 0.91.1 is released.  If you are anxious, I can send to you now.  But I'll do a batch send for everyone when this is done.

Noooo problem. Just making sure.
Corelianer

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:31:19 AM

What about possibility to change the language of Armory?

I could assist translating from English to German.
drips

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:30:22 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 03:43:56 PM by drips

Bug 1:

Fixed in rc2, missed that further down the topic.

Bug 2:

https://i.imgur.com/cvjUU2w.jpg

The option for "don't do a online check" and "disable updates" doesn't seem to actually work. An outgoing connection is made anyway.

Bug 3:

https://i.imgur.com/Ka8Z2xN.jpg

It's impossible to close the "wallet consistency check" dialogue on Windows, the window jumps to the front and can't be closed by right clicking or with the close button.

Bug 4:

https://i.imgur.com/LhjGnFu.jpg

On windows the "backup wallet" dialogue text is smushed when creating a new wallet, but not when clicking the "backup" button in the wallet properties area.

Bug 5:

https://i.imgur.com/4ZzJ4VI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ek79dZw.jpg

The "address book" icon in the message signing window is hidden by the window being too small. Expanding the window again allows it to be seen and used, but it's invisible and un-findable otherwise.

Bug 6:

https://i.imgur.com/QkaDCwZ.jpg

The "create clickable link" window is spawned above the top of the screen and is fairly useless as a result. Worked the first time but subsequent ones failed in the manor shown.

Bug 7:

Code:
/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/Armory: line 23: 39855 Segmentation fault: 11  $DIRNAME/Python $ARMORYDIR/ArmoryQt.py

Clicking around the "wallet properties" area on OSX (sorting, opening addresses, closing windows, payment requests) often causes a segfault, though I can't find a reliable trigger other than random exploration and sorting. I'll keep searching with this one.

Bug 8:

https://i.imgur.com/7kJG5CK.jpg

Wallet passwords can't be removed. Attempting to remove the encryption leaves the wallet encrypted, and errors in the log.

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:2786 - Error in pybkgdthread: No passphrase/key provided to unlock wallet!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 2784, in run
    self.output = self.func()
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 2721, in funcPartial
    return thefunc(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/qtdialogs.py", line 13214, in exec_async
    raise e
PassphraseError: No passphrase/key provided to unlock wallet!

Bug 9:

Crash while low on memory but scanning the blockchain. Should be using swap, but seems to have decided not to.

Code:
Python(39931,0x107904000) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=18446744073709490176) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc: std::bad_alloc
/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/Armory: line 23: 39931 Abort trap: 6           $DIRNAME/Python $ARMORYDIR/ArmoryQt.py

Bug 10:

https://i.imgur.com/mGuCSqX.jpg

The "No Wallet Error Found" looks like a "no wallet found" error not a "consistency check passed" sort of thing. It made me jump the first time I saw it, expecting to have had all of my wallets deleted. I don't think I'm alone in finding that one confusing.

In the latest RC it just reads "Wallet Consistency Check" and no further information given which is even more confusing.

Style more than bug:

https://i.imgur.com/OegZanN.jpg

Much less of an issue, but the two labels aren't opposites. "Encrypted" and "not encrypted" would make more sense, it's always struck me as a bit strange whenever I see it.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:38:29 PM

Last one, I think!  

Armory 0.91.1-rc3 for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8+ 32- and 64-bit
  Armory 0.91.1-rc3 for Ubuntu 12.04+ 32bit
  Armory 0.91.1-rc3 for Ubuntu 12.04+ 64bit
  Armory 0.91.1-rc3 for Raspbian armhf
  Armory 0.91.1-rc3 for MacOSX 10.7+ 64bit

Armory 0.91.1-rc3 Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 32bit
  Armory 0.91.1-rc3 Offline Bundle for Ubuntu 12.04 64bit
  Armory 0.91.1-rc3 Offline Bundle for Raspbian (armhf)

Armory 0.91.1-rc3:  Signed hashes of all installers

Note I switched around the versioning, and the update system doesn't handle it anymore.  I'm now doing 0.91.1-rcX instead of 0.91.0.99 that I was doing before.  The update system only notifies when a higher version number is available, but these all appear to be the same version number.  So you can get the testing release from the secure downloader, you just won't be notified of it (even then, you'd have to have enabled it in your settings to get notified of testing releases).

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 03:47:12 PM

P.S. - The RPi offline bundle was created automatically as part of my new set of release scripts, but I haven't really tested it.  Don't expect it to work!  But it will later today or tomorrow when I do a final release.  The regular RPi package works, though.

drips

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:14:00 PM

Last one, I think!

None of my bugs are fixed in that as far as I can see. I re-tested removing encryption, finding the address book on Windows. Don't have time to retest the rest, but those are both sort of important for a full release and are present in rc3.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:23:04 PM

Last one, I think!

None of my bugs are fixed in that as far as I can see. I re-tested removing encryption, finding the address book on Windows. Don't have time to retest the rest, but those are both sort of important for a full release and are present in rc3.

My apologies, I actually somehow didn't get notified of your post until I noticed while posting RC3.

Some of them are more complex to fix than others.  Even after reviewing them, I have determined that they are worth fixing, but not stirring up things for this release.  As such, you will get your appropriate bounties, but it the actual fixes will go into the next version. 

The exceptions are Bug 3 which should've been fixed, and Bug #8 that we will look at before the final release.  Otherwise, I suspect all these bugs were in the 0.91 release as well, which this release is going to replace.  It's not that they shouldn't be fixed -- we appreciate the feedback and will fix them -- it's that I need to make sure I didn't break stuff in 0.91.1 that worked in 0.91.  All the other stuff can go int 0.91.2 or 0.92.

In general, we need some help with widgets, layouts, etc.  A few of your reports are more systemic issues with the way we use Qt that allows windows to be spawned smaller than necessary to show everything, or spawning them off the screen.  We'll get to those eventually.  P.S.  What is your screen resolution?

drips

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:31:20 PM

Last one, I think!

My apologies, I actually somehow didn't get notified of your post until I noticed while posting RC3.

That's fine.

A few of your reports are more systemic issues with the way we use Qt that allows windows to be spawned smaller than necessary to show everything, or spawning them off the screen.  We'll get to those eventually.  P.S.  What is your screen resolution?

Where the OSX screenshots were taken is a 1440x900px MacBook, the XP screenshots were I think taken on the same. I'll make note of that next time, I had forgotten that QT would be using relative/absolute/etc positioning when spawning them. Bitcoin-QT had similar issues for a while, so I understand it's less than optimal for working with.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:35:15 PM

....I had forgotten that QT would be using relative/absolute/etc positioning when spawning them. Bitcoin-QT had similar issues for a while, so I understand it's less than optimal for working with.

At a more technical level, most of our dialogs are spawned as a subclass of QDialog.  And I think our subclass is not doing the placement correctly.  But that means we can fix all of them at once, but I also don't want to risk messing with it for this release.  The next one...

The squished'ness might be similar -- we gotta find the right method to tell Qt that to give each of those widgets and absolute minimum size, without having to set them explicitly each time.  We'll see what we can do in 0.91.2.

Corelianer

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:33:44 PM

The Root-Key ist still overlapped by the border in the printout and the preview.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:53:24 PM

The Root-Key ist still overlapped by the border in the printout and the preview.

We've tried to fix this and even when we think we fixed it or breaks for someone else.  This is why we added the warnings to verify the number of columns, and posters you if you don't test the backup.  We're thinking of even REQUIRING the backup test.

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 05:17:49 AM

Sorry for the delay everyone.  Finally found a spare minutes to go through this thread and collect the list of bounties.  Here's what I got:

qnxt      -      3 x 0.01 + 2 x 0.03
george51  -      1 x 0.01
brangdon  -      4 x 0.01
escrow.ms -      1 x 0.01
ncs0ne     -     1 x 0.01
TheAwer   -      1 x 0.01
jl2012    -      2 x 0.01
Corelianer-                2 x 0.03
KaChingCoinDev -           1 x 0.03
drips          -           4.5 x 0.03

Keep in mind I'm only providing bounties for first-reported instances of bugs.  There were a lot of repeats in there.  In one case, I think I gave someone a bounty for a repeated bug, but only because we claimed to have fixed it and it wasn't fixed.  

Please PM me with your payout address, and a statement about whether you're okay to receive it as part of a single all-bounty-payout transaction.  I will honor requests for separate transactions, if necessary.

qnxt

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:13:37 PM

Noticed a couple still aren't fixed, even though supposedly in the queue...neither of these are a big deal, just want to make sure they didn't get forgotten since one is a trivial fix. Smiley

From your list here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=550804.msg6005108#msg6005108, still broken in Armory 0.91.2 on OS X 10.9.2:
Auto-detect OS in secure downloader
Update "About" window with proper copyright years

(Edit: To clarify, the bounties are fine. Just want to make sure you didn't forget those bugs.)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary
expert

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 01:49:10 AM

So far I'm still missing bounty addresses from a few people:
   george51
   brangdon
   ncs0ne
   TheAwer

Since you guys have been quite patient, I'll just send out what I've got so far.   I'll send out the rest when/if they send me their addresses!

@qnxt

I did fix the copyright year on our development branch.  The "secure downloader" auto-detect was more than a simple fix, so I also deferred that to the next version.  In fact, I'm going to totally rework that dialog, because I really don't like the way it organizes the downloads.  I think I'll make the version number selectable and then show all available downloads for that version.  Then this bug doesn't really mean much...

Regardless, thanks for pushing it.  Anyone else, if you think I overlooked something you found, let me know!  Sending out 6 of the 10 bounty payments in a few minutes.

george51

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:55:01 PM

So far I'm still missing bounty addresses from a few people:
   george51
   brangdon
   ncs0ne
   TheAwer

Since you guys have been quite patient, I'll just send out what I've got so far.   I'll send out the rest when/if they send me their addresses!

@qnxt

I did fix the copyright year on our development branch.  The "secure downloader" auto-detect was more than a simple fix, so I also deferred that to the next version.  In fact, I'm going to totally rework that dialog, because I really don't like the way it organizes the downloads.  I think I'll make the version number selectable and then show all available downloads for that version.  Then this bug doesn't really mean much...

Regardless, thanks for pushing it.  Anyone else, if you think I overlooked something you found, let me know!  Sending out 6 of the 10 bounty payments in a few minutes.
Apologies it is late - just sent the address in a PM

Cheers
PodBayDoors

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:15:40 AM

Is there a pointer to the latest version? My version (v 0.91.99.2) does a 99% crash after Building database. Win 7 64-bit 4 gigs of RAM (not enough)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: