Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 06:17:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy to mine altcoins?  (Read 143 times)
prp-e (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 03, 2024, 10:50:57 AM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

I have a bunch of unused old computers, which include a Lenovo G510 and an HP Elitebook 2540p and I also have a raspberry pi and two orange pi boards. I am not using these equipment and I was thinking about if I can make use of them by turning them to mining devices. But since none of them have powerful GPU's or even CPU's, I can't use them to mine BTC or other similar currencies. I discovered Duino Coin, which can be mined by Arduino/ESP boards but they have some strange policies and most of my ESP/Arduino equipment are in use to control my home  Grin
Now, I'm looking for opportunities for mining coins using these old equipments I own. I also have some servers which are idle, but they do not have GPU's either. I guess they have Xeon processors which can be a good thing here. I'm open to suggestions and offering for easy-to-mine coins.

Regards.
M. H.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1088

View Profile
September 03, 2024, 08:11:04 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

I haven't used Arduino for mining, but all your old hardware is not suitable for mining. Play solitaire on your old laptops, try to set up a node for a few shitcoins or sell them. But I don't think the money you get from selling them will be enough to start mining. Any old CPU will be unprofitable for mining if you pay even 5 cents per kilowatt of electricity.

█████████████████████████
████████▀▀████▀▀█▀▀██████
█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████
██▄███████████████▀▀▄▄███
███▄███▀████████▀███▄████
█████▄████▀▀▀▀████▄██████
████████▄▄████▄▄█████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
prp-e (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2024, 07:16:02 AM

Electricity is much cheaper in my country, but I still doubt using my old equipment being a wise idea of making money mining altcoins.
Anyway, I use one of those old laptops to play GTA or Skyrim, it means it is good in terms of graphics, but it has an AMD graphics card which I personally don't know how to utilize for mining.
doubletheprof

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2024, 08:05:34 AM

Alephium and Kaspa. You can try the little miners for home mining and can still be profitable with the new releases for alephium. Smiley
prp-e (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2024, 08:33:17 AM

Alephium and Kaspa. You can try the little miners for home mining and can still be profitable with the new releases for alephium. Smiley

Well I check them out. Are those listed on exchanges?
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2024, 03:18:08 PM

Electricity is much cheaper in my country, but I still doubt using my old equipment being a wise idea of making money mining altcoins.
Anyway, I use one of those old laptops to play GTA or Skyrim, it means it is good in terms of graphics, but it has an AMD graphics card which I personally don't know how to utilize for mining.

What is your electricity price and how many kilowatts per hour can you use?
On your int. graphics cards from old laptops, mining most of the new coins is impossible. Maybe with cheap electricity you can earn 5 cents per day with CPU mining, but are you interested in that kind of profit?
If you have cheap electricity and have the capacity, you can make a mining farm from old amd graphics cards for mining coins on the kawpow algorithm.

█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
prp-e (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2024, 07:46:41 PM

My father was working at a company, responsible for making power plants and I asked him how much do we pay for electricity and he told me $0.002 per kilowatt-hour is the price. And since he still has his friends in that company this is an up to date price.
Also, I have heard some industries can get electricity at a tenth of this price (and some of them even have mining farms as well).
I guess I have to give up on the idea of mining, at least with my current equipment.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2024, 02:48:25 PM

My father was working at a company, responsible for making power plants and I asked him how much do we pay for electricity and he told me $0.002 per kilowatt-hour is the price. And since he still has his friends in that company this is an up to date price.
Also, I have heard some industries can get electricity at a tenth of this price (and some of them even have mining farms as well).
I guess I have to give up on the idea of mining, at least with my current equipment.
Did you make a mistake with the number?
If your rate is $0.002 per kilowatt-hour, then you have ideal conditions for mining. You can buy any old mining equipment and get profit. Large mining companies pay 4 cents, but even if it is 2 cents, then your advantage is 1000 times.
Which country has such a tariff?

█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 6065

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
September 06, 2024, 06:07:14 AM
Merited by FP91G (1)

He emphasized that it's because of his current equipment as he may be finding ways to utilize those old laptops.
Probably, purchasing an entire rig with old GPUs isn't an option for him even with that dirt-cheap electricity rate.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
prp-e (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2024, 08:23:03 AM

If your rate is $0.002 per kilowatt-hour, then you have ideal conditions for mining. You can buy any old mining equipment and get profit. Large mining companies pay 4 cents, but even if it is 2 cents, then your advantage is 1000 times.

No, this is exactly the price of electricity for home users in my country. My biggest problem is that even buying an old rig here isn't possible since most of the people already sold their equipment (after ETH mining was over).

He emphasized that it's because of his current equipment as he may be finding ways to utilize those old laptops.
Probably, purchasing an entire rig with old GPUs isn't an option for him even with that dirt-cheap electricity rate.

Well, if I buy GPU's, I will probably dedicate them to my AI business.
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 10845

View Profile
September 06, 2024, 02:45:24 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2024, 03:08:12 PM by pooya87

My father was working at a company, responsible for making power plants and I asked him how much do we pay for electricity and he told me $0.002 per kilowatt-hour is the price.
You can also see the rate on your bill.
For example if you have the برق من app on your (dad's) phone, all you have to do is to click the details button and it will show you the rate and most importantly the "steps". The national electric company website also has the details: https://tbtb.ir/taarefeh

Also the rate you get depends on where you live. It is between $0.0004 and $0.0012 (777 rials for capital and most provinces and 257 rials for hot provinces).

If you want to start mining, you have to consider two things:
1. Rate Steps
The rates change based on how much electricity you use what province you live in (hot provinces like in the south have cheaper rates). But if you start mining, you'd be using more electricity which means your total consumption goes above normal home users and your rate starts growing step by step.

2. Regulations
Mining was regulated a couple of years ago which means "technically" you have to apply for a license and receive a higher electricity rate to start mining. The rate is also equal to the export rate. You have to investigate this yourself though since I'm not really familiar with it. Also if you are just doing some GPU mining, you may not even need to worry about this.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2024, 06:47:40 PM

No, this is exactly the price of electricity for home users in my country. My biggest problem is that even buying an old rig here isn't possible since most of the people already sold their equipment (after ETH mining was over).

Well, if I buy GPU's, I will probably dedicate them to my AI business.

I'm sure you're not giving all the information.
In Russia, the Irkutsk region has the lowest electricity tariffs of 0.15-0.2 dollars, which is 10 times more expensive than yours. There are a lot of people in Irkutsk doing mining wherever possible, because it is profitable. The number of miners is so large that these miners overload household power grids, and ergistics inspectors together with the police confiscate the equipment, and energy companies issue new electricity bills to the miners at 8-10 cents per kilowatt.
Despite hundreds of criminal and administrative cases, people are still mining.

And in your country electricity is practically free, and you want to say that people in your country forgot about mining after ethereum changed its algorithm?

█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
prp-e (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2024, 07:04:27 PM

Well, pooya87 provided information about electricity price in Iran. I'm sure people are still busy mining, but the point is I can't afford the needed equipment right now. Otherwise, I'd got my hands on some equipment for mining well-known and well-established currencies.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2024, 07:44:24 PM

Well, pooya87 provided information about electricity price in Iran. I'm sure people are still busy mining, but the point is I can't afford the needed equipment right now. Otherwise, I'd got my hands on some equipment for mining well-known and well-established currencies.
From what I read about mining in Iran, it's the same as in Irkutsk, only there are thousands of criminal and administrative cases. You need a licence to mine, and no one will let you mine at home. And the price for official miners will be much higher.
If you have a place to mining, it is very easy to find parther, who buy equipment. This is a very profitable business on any equipment, but I don't know what kind of legal problems you might have.

█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: