Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 02:16:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bringing Crypto-inspired Fractional Ownership to Real Estate  (Read 70 times)
ShardHomes (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2024, 09:19:51 AM

Hey crypto fellas,

I want to introduce you to a new real estate co-ownership platform called Shard. As cryptocurrency enthusiasts, you're familiar with concepts of fractional ownership and alternative investment models. I thought this might be an interesting topic to share here and get your opinions on.

What is Shard?
Shard is a real estate co-ownership platform based in Dubai that allows you to own a share of a premium holiday home. It's like owning tokens of a high-value asset, but with real estate!

https://i.ibb.co/9pcHjz3/Screenshot-2024-09-05-at-11-41-07-AM.png

Key Features:
- Own 1/8 share of a prime holiday home
- Your name on the title deed
- Fully managed properties
- Option to use or rent out your share
- Starting at just 240,000 AED (approximately BTC1)

Why Shard's model of ownership:
1. Accessibility: Lower entry point to premium real estate
2. Diversification: Spread your investment across multiple properties
3. Hassle-free: Professionally managed properties
4. Potential High ROI: Double-digit annual returns through appreciation and rental yield

How Shard Compares to Traditional Real Estate Investment:

AspectTraditional InvestmentShard Co-Ownership
Initial InvestmentHigh (Full property price)Low (1/8 of property price)
OwnershipSingle ownerCo-ownership (up to 8 owners)
ManagementOwner's responsibilityFully managed by Shard
UsageFull-time or part-timeFlexible (use or rent out)
DiversificationLimited by high entry costsEasier to diversify across properties
LiquidityTypically lowPotentially higher (easier to sell shares)
LocationLimited by budgetAccess to prime locations

Why Dubai?
Dubai's real estate market is booming, with strong price appreciation and high rental yields. Shard's algorithm selects only the top 1% of prime holiday homes, ensuring strong returns.

How It Works:
1. Choose your preferred property
2. Purchase your 1/8 share
3. Your name goes on the title deed
4. Enjoy your property and/or earn rental income
5. Benefit from potential appreciation, with an option to sell any time

Is This the Future of Real Estate Ownership?
Just as blockchain has greatly impacted finance, Shard is changing how we think about property ownership. It's bringing liquidity, accessibility, and flexibility to an traditionally less liquid asset class.

Questions for the Community:
- How do you see this model comparing to REITs or traditional real estate investments?
- Could this concept be further enhanced with blockchain technology?
- What potential challenges do you foresee with this co-ownership model?

I'm excited to hear your thoughts and discuss this innovative approach to real estate investment. Let's explore how concepts from the crypto world are reshaping traditional markets!

Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only. Please do your own research before making any investment decisions.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3120

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2024, 08:17:42 PM

Convert your background into a jpg and reduce the load times by 5!

The reason you can sell this is the government is massively scaling down their infrastructure plans, and these plots are not maintained by the government anymore.   Not a good investment if you enjoy drinking water every day.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams    
https://vod.fan - fast/free image sharing - cleaning it up!  (240905)
Will Theymos finish his $100,000,000 forum before this one shuts down?
Ikaklo

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 05:31:33 AM

How do the owners decide who will use the property for certain dates? and who deals with maintenance?
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1317

Get your game girl

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 07:15:37 PM

This is a very flawed way to own a real estate. Can a property be legally owned by 8 people at the same time? There will be a lot of clauses and preferences as every owner would want things differently. Even if you own a very premium property, you will be dissatisfied emotionally as you won't have any real access to it. People buying it for investment purposes rather invest in something else considering the dividends that come off rent, Airbnb would still be divided amongst 8 people which is comparatively less.

On an unrelated note: You don't need a team of 12 highly experienced people to scale something like this. You've a head of tech for what? A single-page website? Some investor behind the screen is bleeding so much money unnecessary  Cry
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 3883

View Profile WWW
Today at 08:10:37 AM
Merited by Vod (1)

Bitcoin is not legally recognized in Dubai, it is legal in the free zone but it is not a payment tool for buying properties in Dubai.
Also the property laws and voting in favor of selling or buying the property will be a problem especially when you are talking about 1 for every 8 votes.
Who is your legal representative here? I live near Dubai and I can verify this information.

ShardHomes (OP)

View Profile WWW
Today at 10:29:54 AM

This is a very flawed way to own a real estate. Can a property be legally owned by 8 people at the same time? There will be a lot of clauses and preferences as every owner would want things differently. Even if you own a very premium property, you will be dissatisfied emotionally as you won't have any real access to it. People buying it for investment purposes rather invest in something else considering the dividends that come off rent, Airbnb would still be divided amongst 8 people which is comparatively less.

On an unrelated note: You don't need a team of 12 highly experienced people to scale something like this. You've a head of tech for what? A single-page website? Some investor behind the screen is bleeding so much money unnecessary  Cry

Hi Joel,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate your concerns and would like to address them point by point:

• Legal ownership: Yes, a property can indeed be legally owned by multiple people simultaneously. This is a well-established concept in real estate law, known as co-ownership or fractional ownership. Each owner's name is on the title deed, making it a legitimate and legally binding arrangement.
  • Clauses and preferences: All co-owners sign the same agreement, ensuring equal rights and responsibilities. We've designed our system to be fair and democratic. Any changes or decisions are made through a voting process, preventing any single owner from having undue influence.
  • Access and emotional satisfaction: With Shard, you get 44 days of access per year for each 1/8 share. This allows for significant personal use, especially for a holiday home. Many owners find this arrangement ideal, as it provides the benefits of ownership without the full-time responsibilities and costs.
  • Investment returns: The dividend yield is proportional to your ownership share. If you own 1/8 of the property, you receive 1/8 of the rental income. This is equivalent to the yield you'd get if you owned the entire property, just scaled to your investment. The advantage is that you can access premium properties at a fraction of the full purchase price.
  • Technology and team: Our platform goes beyond a simple website. We have a comprehensive app for booking stays, managing finances, and even listing your share for sale. The tech team ensures smooth operations, security, and continuous improvement of our digital services.
  • Accessibility: Starting at 240,000 AED, Shard makes premium holiday home ownership more accessible than traditional models. This allows investors to diversify their real estate portfolio or enter the market at a lower price point.

We believe our model offers a unique and valuable opportunity in Dubai's real estate market, combining the benefits of ownership with professional management and increased affordability.

I'm happy to discuss any other concerns or questions you may have. Feel free to ask for more details on any aspect of our service Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3120

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
Today at 10:31:27 AM

• Legal ownership: Yes, a property can indeed be legally owned by multiple people simultaneously. This is a well-established concept in real estate law, known as co-ownership or fractional ownership. Each owner's name is on the title deed, making it a legitimate and legally binding arrangement.
Tis true!   https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fractionalownership.asp  Doesn't mean you won't lose everything due to corruption...

OP - please reach out to hugeblack; his verification will boost your credibility and success.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams    
https://vod.fan - fast/free image sharing - cleaning it up!  (240905)
Will Theymos finish his $100,000,000 forum before this one shuts down?
ShardHomes (OP)

View Profile WWW
Today at 10:45:16 AM

Bitcoin is not legally recognized in Dubai, it is legal in the free zone but it is not a payment tool for buying properties in Dubai.
Also the property laws and voting in favor of selling or buying the property will be a problem especially when you are talking about 1 for every 8 votes.
Who is your legal representative here? I live near Dubai and I can verify this information.

Hi there!

Thank you for bringing that up. I will try to answer them as best as I can.

Regarding property laws and voting:
I apologize if there was any confusion, but I'd like to clarify that there's no voting process involved in an individual owner's decision to sell their share. As a true owner on the title deed, you have full control over your share. Here are the options available when you want to sell:

• Shard has a right of first refusal for 10 days. If we don't purchase, the other 7 co-owners have the opportunity to buy.
  • You can sell your share to friends or family.
  • You could use a real estate agent, though this might not be the most efficient method for fractional ownership.
  • We can list your share on our platform, where we have a pool of interested fractional ownership buyers.

This system ensures that individual owners have flexibility and control over their investment without requiring consensus from other co-owners for a sale.

Regarding legal representation:
Shard operates in full compliance with Dubai's real estate laws and regulations. We are regulated by the Dubai Land Department and RERA. If you have specific legal questions, we'd be happy to provide more detailed information.

We appreciate your interest in verifying information, as transparency is very important to us. If you have any other questions or would like more detailed information about any aspect of our operations, please don't hesitate to share.[/quote]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: