Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual Stock Market Challenge (Free $100.00 worth of Bitcoin)  (Read 3098 times)
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:21:46 PM

same issue this site is very slow to load
Virtual Stock Market (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:53:27 PM

It seems fine now. I was having the same problem until just recently.

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:25:26 PM

Attention-Please read the update to the tournament listed on the first post of this thread regarding this tournament which is highlighted in red.
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:27:10 PM

Joined.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:51:01 PM

Heh - good. Came in late. Hope they have leverage in new one. Thought MW did, though maybe you disabled?

ETA: Heh - in the registration spam, one of the offers is for a Bitcoin e-book.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:04:12 PM

joined as gagalady
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:05:02 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 08:33:34 PM by freedomno1

April 2nd update as of 2:00PM EST-The Marketwatch platform seems to be too slow, so I have set all of us up with a new competition at WallstreetSurvivor. We will need to start the competition over beginning April 3rd. I apologize for the switch, but I think most people would agree that the Marketwatch platform failed to live up to our expectations. The prize money will be the same as listed earlier.

How to apply to be a competitor: Simply reply to this thread indicating your desire to play, and then go register at Wallstreetsurvivor using your same screen name as this website.

Game location is found here:

http://www.wallstreetsurvivor.com/league/VSMC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woops bought a basket already haha guess I'll switch over although investopedia probably wins out of the three simulators
http://www.investopedia.com/simulator/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
steveds
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:01:54 AM

i entered the wall street contest Smiley
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:38:47 AM

I don't have facebook and nobody has AOL, I feel like a lot of people will be left out of this.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

In holiday we trust

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:07:42 AM

So I don't get a place?
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:56:21 PM

I don't have facebook and nobody has AOL, I feel like a lot of people will be left out of this.

I had an aol account i created back in the 90s.  Somehow it was still active and I remembered it, so there.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:24:25 PM

I was able to create a new account without referencing my facebook account.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:11:01 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 02:21:58 PM by Kluge

I was able to create a new account without referencing my facebook account.
Yup. ETA: This is definitely slower than MW, though. Market orders are randomly delayed 0-5 minutes.
Parks56

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:02:09 PM

I'm in (Again) Parks56

BuyBitcoinsGuide.com - Best Place to Find, Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:57:44 PM

I need to apologize for canceling this tournament. I have had multiple disgruntled players indicate that players initiated positions in the market prior to the start of the tournament.

I know what they are referencing because I created the tournament yesterday, and indicated a start day of today, yet the game allowed me, as well as others to initiate positions yesterday and as a result players are already displeased.

I will allow the tournament to keep running for the underlying pleasure of competing, but I am canceling the prize money portion of this due to players already expressing discontent.

I apologize to everybody. I rushed into this without testing the tournament functionality. I hope I have not caused any undue stress to you guys.

I will need to look at this closer prior to trying this again.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:15:18 PM

I need to apologize for canceling this tournament. I have had multiple disgruntled players indicate that players initiated positions in the market prior to the start of the tournament.

I know what they are referencing because I created the tournament yesterday, and indicated a start day of today, yet the game allowed me, as well as others to initiate positions yesterday and as a result players are already displeased.

I will allow the tournament to keep running for the underlying pleasure of competing, but I am canceling the prize money portion of this due to players already expressing discontent.

I apologize to everybody. I rushed into this without testing the tournament functionality. I hope I have not caused any undue stress to you guys.

wot. What's the point of trash talking the losers if I'm not taking cash out of their hands?
Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:13:59 PM

I joined, username on there is of course Ruzka

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:29:58 PM

wot. What's the point of trash talking the losers if I'm not taking cash out of their hands?

Another day kludge another day XD although I can see this being a fun speculation thread ^_^
Also if another game comes up I'm just shorting XD

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:25:53 AM

Why can't we just begin...
bobbo13

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile