Bitcoin Forum
October 10, 2024, 09:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pics Only:] A community collection of coins/fonts of private keys for reference  (Read 90 times)
rsincognito (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 616
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 24, 2024, 02:48:19 PM
Merited by Cyrus (3)

I think it would be nice to have one location to post and view pics of Only private keys / fonts from peeled coins that community member's feel comfortable to share. A good number of collectors have no idea what is under their holo's. Everyone should know what they are getting into before purchasing. Hopefully this future library of pics will help us all.

Please Include:

Year:

Creator:

modle/seires coin:

Additional info:
rsincognito (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2024, 03:07:20 PM

And just to get this party started, I am offering $100 of BTC to whoever post the most pics of private keys between now and 5pm EST this Friday the 27th.

Each pic must have its own separate description in order to be counted for contest.

example description:

Please Include:
Year:
Creator:
modle/seires coin:

Additional info (if any):
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2383

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2024, 03:09:49 PM

as tempting as that is, I dont think I would want to share any private keys to any coins I have peeled - not openly at least.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
rsincognito (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2024, 03:20:28 PM

as tempting as that is, I dont think I would want to share any private keys to any coins I have peeled - not openly at least.

understandable,  thats why I posted "members who feel comfortable." but also who's to say that you peeled them? no one really knows.

and just for educational purposes: Mopar, is there any added exposure between sharing a used private key from a coin compared to a used set of firstbits on a coin? ( I do not know the answer to this question, you would know better then me)

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2024, 03:41:34 PM

understandable,  thats why I posted "members who feel comfortable." but also who's to say that you peeled them? no one really knows.

and just for educational purposes: Mopar, is there any added exposure between sharing a used private key from a coin compared to a used set of firstbits on a coin? ( I do not know the answer to this question, you would know better then me)

a lot more can be done with a PK than a public address.

with private keys, someone could sign from an address and if that address is publicly known to belong to a coin and said coin was and is provable as bought by a specific forum user or individual - then someone could attempt to pretend to be said user/individual. should you accept a signature from a collectible as being someone? no - but if it is a well known coin, someone might get tempted to do so.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
gpfrag

Activity: 347
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 24, 2024, 03:49:58 PM

understandable,  thats why I posted "members who feel comfortable." but also who's to say that you peeled them? no one really knows.

Mopar, by well known coins are you talking specifically Casascius and BTCC?  I don’t think people are worried about those makers as much as the other guys.  Also, I don’t think the full keys are necessary for this purpose.  Mainly just to see sample font to determine if it is intelligible.  Could potentially blotout the majority.  

RS, great idea!  Correct me if I’m wrong.  I’ll add $40 to pot. 

Edit: pot contributions dependent on more than 10 total submissions collectively
Kazkaz27
Copper Member

Activity: 159
Merit: 101

₿IT VIP COINS CEO

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2024, 04:03:10 PM

Tempting.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2024, 04:08:08 PM

understandable,  thats why I posted "members who feel comfortable." but also who's to say that you peeled them? no one really knows.

Mopar, by well known coins are you talking specifically Casascius and BTCC?  I don’t think people are worried about those makers as much as the other guys.  Also, I don’t think the full keys are necessary for this purpose.  Mainly just to see sample font to determine if it is intelligible.  Could potentially blotout the majority.  

RS, great idea!  Correct me if I’m wrong.  I’ll add $40 to pot.  

Edit: pot contributions dependent on more than 10 total submissions collectively

or any coin that was sold here on the forums where the buyer can be identified as buying "#10 of 21 with address: xxxxxxx"
then that private key shown here can be linked to that address and thus that buyer.

Either way, I am certain someone will do it for the bounty.

The only coins I have peeled, I did so openly anyways - 20 or so mrcryptohodl coins which had a 20% error/issue rate (all were remedied) and the yogg cards.

everything else that I have peeled has been to assist others.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: