Bitcoin Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NIGERIAN SOCIETY AND RELIGION A TOOL IN THE HANDS OF THE ELITE  (Read 4 times)
uche6215 (OP)

Activity: 288
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 28, 2024, 11:29:20 PM

The Nigerian society is none of the most religious societies in the world as the country is divided across religious lines, with Islam in the north, a mixture of Islam and Christianity in the west and Christianity dominating in the east and south with a little few still holding on to traditional religion, the Nigerian society is very sensitive to anything called divinity as the average individual in the country believes that he's or her life is controlled and destiny by the God.
Infact the Nigerian society is so religious that every thing that happens they attribute it to a divine being who controls the affairs of men.
This got me thinking and critically looking at the Nigerian society I am convinced that one of the problems that we need to solve before we can have any meaningful development and economic growth is the issue of religion as the ordinary citizen has been brainwashed by the elite infact I have come to agreement with the statement that religion is the opinion of the Masses.
To tell you how religious our society has become a nation that is as blessed as Nigeria in every religious gatherings either on Sunday's service for the Christian's or Friday juma prayer for the Muslim a full human being created with a brain is praying for God to give them basic amenities that by ordinary the government suppose to provide for them.
Of recent I have stopped praying for the nation to progress because I have come to the realization that the progressive nations of the world did not got to where they are by prayers.
Religion in Nigeria is now a tool in the hands of the elite be it in the religious circle as the pastors will tell their members to sow seeds as it will open the windows of heaven for them to prosper and in return these pastors lives expensive live at the expense of their gullible fellows .
Infact the ordinary Nigerian believes the reason he is not doing well is because of his village people or grandfather's instead of holding the tiny elite who have corner sized the common wealth of the Masses they are still waiting for God to give them a good health care system, a good educational systems, good roads to drive, create job opportunities for her population to work

Until we do away with religion in the country we can not grow as religion is a threat to development as it's incapacitate the thinking faculties of any man and society that House's it, as the development of any society is proportional to the rate at which that society thinks and as their mind advanceses them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: