Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2024, 09:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC reward  (Read 537 times)
aliveNFT

Activity: 420
Merit: 206

aliveNFT.github.io | Track your love.

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 05:26:16 AM

No, I'm going to auction it off

If you get the file and the money starts moving, I expect 9 BTC

If they never move, I keep the bid

An auction? Why complicate everything, there are at least 2-3 people on the forum who can figure it out and help you, and in all seriousness you can trust them with your life.
Just stop being a stubborn pussy and take action, the years go by, you get old and bitcoin still stays there. You could get hit by a car tomorrow, you know?
Ask for help and we will help you choose a few trusted people here who will help you.

ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 7936

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 10:27:30 AM
Merited by LoyceV (4), NeuroticFish (3), pooya87 (3)

I'm pretty confident I could do it.
Yep. But OP doesn't want to download anything. And since I don't expect him to write his own software, he'll just keep opening a new topic every year.

If they never move, I keep the bid

At this point, i only can say good luck finding people who could trust you and agree to such terms. There are too many fake wallet.dat file being sold on internet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pffffffff (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 01:37:06 PM

There was another wallet if that helps

138PicFJhWSmD42zyHpVLBf2N2MDK5FcxS

And I moved the coins around the same time I created my first post here

I still have it
aliveNFT

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 01:52:41 PM

I still have it

This tx doesn't proof anything, you better sign this wallet now. I can find the transaction at the time then I took a shit today and say I did it.
But this will not help you in any way to find a person who agrees to your terms.
Take an offline computer, call a knowledgeable person, do as he tells you and solve your problem, and do not invent useless and risky auctions here.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 17509

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2024, 02:57:15 PM

So that's your angle: selling a fake wallet, just like many others have been doing for years.

Cricktor
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1391

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 05:07:53 PM

Likely 100% of sold wallet.dat files are fake and rigged files that appear to control coins when in fact there are real private keys in those wallets. There are still some stupids that pay money for such files (do they?), so how do you want to convince someone that a) your wallet.dat is real and genuine and b) your clues to the wallet encryption secret are in fact usable and valid to have a chance to find it?

I would be surprised if someone offers you more than maybe 0.01BTC for this gamble. LOL and on top you expect to get 9BTC when a cracker succeeds. Just why would a cracker feel obligated to pay you that amount? Sign a contract, yeah, sure, good luck...

Always somewhat interesting with what ideas some come up. Do what you want if you're the only heir.

I don't get it, why e.g. you don't want to contact Dave from walletrecoveryservices. He's a professional, he has the gear and knowledge to brute-force wallet encryption secrets. He will guide you, he doesn't ask for your wallet.dat file usually, he will assist you to extract the little data portion of the encrypted encryption key needed to find the wallet's encryption secret (no private key is exposed or compromised by this little data). You don't have to pay anything upfront to Dave.

Our standard fee is 20% of the value of the wallet, only if we are successful. Zero otherwise

If your wallet is valued over $100K USD, then we offer a lower fee of 15% for an initial phase of tests.
(generally takes around a week).

Limited Wallet Information

Background

This page describes how to get limited Bitcoin-Core (or Litecoin / Dogecoin / etc.) Wallet Information for Wallet Recovery Services (so that we cannot steal your bitcoins even if the wallet password is found)

Disclaimer: I'm not part of Dave's business and I don't have any other affiliation with it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pffffffff (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 06:07:09 PM

He will guide you, he doesn't ask for your wallet.dat file usually, he will assist you to extract the little data portion of the encrypted encryption key needed to find the wallet's encryption secret (no private key is exposed or compromised by this little data).

That's exactly what people tell me

Well, even if the highest bid is zero, I'm going to pick someone anyway eventually. So it's not exactly like selling a fake wallet
aliveNFT

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 06:14:15 PM

He will guide you, he doesn't ask for your wallet.dat file usually, he will assist you to extract the little data portion of the encrypted encryption key needed to find the wallet's encryption secret (no private key is exposed or compromised by this little data).

Well, even if the highest bid is zero, I'm going to pick someone anyway eventually. So it's not exactly like selling a fake wallet

You ignore all the intelligible answers in this thread, arrange auctions, behave strangely, do not provide any evidence (signing the bitcoin wallet) that you sent.

I also don't believe that you use fake addresses, but your behavior is strange, pull yourself together.

pffffffff (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 06:15:40 PM
Merited by aliveNFT (1)

I also don't believe that you use fake addresses, but your behavior is strange, pull yourself together.

Hey Bitcointalk!

HFRFOKi0BCWlZx/Y9uMO3YlHceKMkCkOrxPGPpKz9PK9GyVluSpVvlTsMh/ABOaAd5ijY9R9cHiKASPFrvL5DCk=
aliveNFT

View Profile
October 05, 2024, 06:18:55 PM

Hey Bitcointalk!

HFRFOKi0BCWlZx/Y9uMO3YlHceKMkCkOrxPGPpKz9PK9GyVluSpVvlTsMh/ABOaAd5ijY9R9cHiKASPFrvL5DCk=
Verified
But it doesn't change anything, lol
Come on, contact someone, there are plenty of knowledgeable and talented people here.
I can't wait, I want to know how it's all going to end, I have impatience syndrome.

nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 6236

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
October 06, 2024, 04:16:57 AM
Merited by ABCbits (3), LoyceV (2), Cricktor (1)

That's because it's the safest way to ask someone to bruteforce a wallet.dat's mkey encryption passphrase. (a.k.a the wallet's password)
And it's verified to be safe by people who know how it works.

You can research how the wallet is encrypted here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Wallet_encryption
Then double-check what the article said in the code: /src/wallet/crypter.cpp and /src/wallet/crypter.h
(open-source is amazing isn't it?)

Basically, what you'll give is just an encrypted "master key" ("mkey", not a master private key) which is encrypted with your password.
The "wallet recovery service" will be able to decrypt it once he stumbled upon the correct password
But since it's just a decrypted master key, it's useless without the actual wallet.dat file where the private keys that are encrypted with that mkey.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 10929

View Profile
October 06, 2024, 05:05:32 AM

I still have it
The first post you created here was the one below and even though the address in that post started with "13" as well but it was an entirely different address. It also contained 10 bitcoins not 0.04 like the one you are now claiming you have moved.
~
13zEUPdpCDT3JGqv4o61vXQpgWWdxMEZeX
~

Bitcoin is the only decentralized money in existence.
PowerGlove
hacker

Activity: 590
Merit: 5049

View Profile
October 06, 2024, 06:15:04 PM
Merited by pooya87 (10), LoyceV (8), ABCbits (5), nc50lc (2), Cricktor (2), DireWolfM14 (1)

Maybe I'm too trusting, but I always try to give people (that I don't know) the benefit of the doubt, and try to read their posts in the best possible light before jumping to conclusions...

In case OP really is just a super skittish person that's genuinely looking for help, I spent a little time on this, and came up with the following:

Like other people have pointed out, it's safe to share just the "mkey" value from an encrypted wallet file. The thing is, OP doesn't want to download or run anything, which makes it really tough to guide them. So, I created a test wallet using the closest version (0.12.1) of Bitcoin that I could find (closest to the date that the address posted here was funded, that is), and then went through the source code for both that and Berkeley DB, to try to figure out exactly how things were laid out back then.

I came up with a really tidy/short Python script to pull out the relevant data (the encrypted key, the salt, and the iteration count). It's so short, in fact, that the sequence can actually be performed manually.

Basically, you can open up the wallet file with anything that can display hex (like Sublime Text), and then search for the following 4-byte pattern: 4300 0130. Then, you copy those four bytes along with the 66 bytes that follow it. Using the test wallet I created, for me that comes out like this (spaces removed):

43000130ac71182a748152bb788fb9deb11f2f5a55f5e848d66586747cc000826d4c0c350032153d50cbf924a2ac1dc5f6279436089ca0271b64c0e66f00000000c6fe040000

The blue part is the 48-byte encrypted master key (it's 48 bytes because 16 bytes of padding are appended to the 32-byte key before it's encrypted). The green part is the 8-byte salt (needed for the key derivation function to work). The orange part is the 4-byte (little-endian) iteration count (also needed for the key derivation function). If the uncolored parts differ from the above, then you're probably not at the correct offset and should skip to the next match (or, your file was created by a build of Bitcoin that differs in some way from the one that I'm basing all of this on).

The first 16 bytes of the encrypted master key aren't necessary to brute-force the passphrase (just the last half of the encrypted key, and the encrypted padding will suffice), so those bytes can be zeroed before sharing, like this (ignore the bolding and the underlining for now):

430001300000000000000000000000000000000055f5e848d66586747cc000826d4c0c350032153d50cbf924a2ac1dc5f6279436089ca0271b64c0e66f00000000c6fe040000

If OP shares the above bytes from their own file, then people (me included) can try to help them find the correct passphrase without them actually risking anything at all.

That procedure works as follows:

(1) Take a candidate passphrase, and after appending the salt to it, hash it (with SHA-512) a certain number of times (the iteration count, which is 327366 in the above extract).

(2) Take the first 32 bytes of the 64-byte iterated-hashing result and then use that as the key to attempt decryption (with AES-256) of the last 16 bytes of the 48-byte encrypted master key (the bolded part).

(3) Take the 16 potentially-decrypted bytes from the previous step and then do a bitwise exclusive-or on them with the 16 underlined bytes.

(4) If the result is 16 bytes all with the value 16 (10 in hex), then you've probably (with the odds astronomically in your favor) found the correct passphrase.

(If anyone tries to implement the above procedure, then before throwing joules at a search for OP's passphrase, I suggest shaking the bugs out of your implementation by first testing it against my example extract: the passphrase for that is "MasterExploder".)
Cricktor
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2024, 07:52:40 PM

~~~
Very nice and informative explanation, PowerGlove. I would give you some more merits for it if only I had more sMerits left (I prefer to keep at least about 10+ or so to be able to give them when I stumble over really merit worthy posts, um, like yours).

Anyway, you're probably one of few with highest merits/posts ratio. Keep up your excellent contributions!

I was always interested how this works. AFAIR, you can do the exhaustive hash crunching with tools like Hashcat and John the Ripper. They have it as a defined method of cracking implemented. I read about it, but never used it myself so far (didn't have to). So it's really nice to have some details explained by you.

If I don't mix things up, both tools had some tool scripts to extract the data portion (encrypted mkey, salt, iteration count) you've described. I will remember your post to cross-check, once I will have to tackle such a cracking problem.

BTW, great suggestion to always check with a known challenge if a cracking procedure will actually be able to find a correct result! You don't want to spend time and energy with a flawed cracking recipe or the wrong (buggy) tools.

It's up to OP what he makes of it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 6236

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
October 07, 2024, 04:26:07 AM

nc50lc (fee 10%, bid 0)
Thank you but I'll pass if it's the wallet.dat file.

And once you decided to pass along the wallet.dat file to others, please consider sending only the encrypted mkey alongside with the necessary data to unencrypt it with the password.
Just follow the instructions given by PowerGlove (although you'll have to use a tool to display the wallet.dat's contents in hex)

Or do you have an air-gap machine? (Wikipedia: air-gap)
If so, you can safely extract the encrypted mkey (famously called "hash") with the open-source tools suggested by others without the worry of it being malicious since it wont be able to transmit data outside the machine in case of the worst case scenario.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Cricktor
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 07, 2024, 09:43:00 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2024, 10:05:08 PM by Cricktor

Cricktor (fee 10%, bid 0)
What is fee? The 1BTC you offer? I'm not going to bid any real coins as I'm not interested in an auction for this. Or what do you expect as a bid?

This is what I'm willing to offer and my terms if both sides agree (I'm still hesitant because I don't see a safe solution for me):
I'm willing to execute some exhaustive searches for date formats (search space first attempt 1900-2024 full years, every day will be tried) on mkey hash.

To prove that pffffffff is able to propery extract mkey, salt and iteration count, as described by PowerGlove, I will send him an empty encrypted Bitcoin Core wallet.dat for which I know the wallet encryption password. I will first check that my toolset is working and I'm able to crack the encryption password of this test model wallet.dat. My offer is only valid if my toolset is working. If I mess up in the first place, there's no offer for obvious reasons.

pffffffff can post the hex sequence here in his topic and I will verify and confirm validity.

If this validation succeeds, pffffffff can send me then the hex sequence of the mkey hash for his own wallet.dat that supposedly holds at least 10BTC. pffffffff is solely responsible to handle his wallet best on an air-gapped computer to avoid any compromise of his valuable wallet.

Together with suggestions from pffffffff how his father wrote dates, I will then perform at least the following exhaustive searches (first only in full year's range 1900-2024):
YYYYMMDD, YYYY-MM-DD, MM/DD/YYYY, MM-DD-YYYY, MM.DD.YYYY, DD.MM.YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD,
Jan-Dec MM, YYYY
January-December MM, YYYY and whatever pffffffff else suggests.

I will report back if I succeed or fail. In the case of success, I don't know how to do it safely without risking my reputation here, if something goes wrong on pffffffff's side for whatever reasons.

My first idea was to use an escrow for exchange of 1BTC for the solution. Still this has risks for me if pffffffff screws things up and blames me. I don't want to be negatively flagged for any possible screw-up that I'm not responsible for. I can't verify that the original wallet.dat isn't damaged by any means or is fake or whatnot.

It seems to be safer to simply give pffffffff the solution and hope for the best that he won't scam me. I'm not happy with this either, because pffffffff's account has no reputation. He can go with the full 10BTC without much consequences, because who cares when I flag him that he didn't pay the offered 1BTC. Likelyhood of reward seems low to me.

Maybe I'm overseeing some better solution. Open for suggestions...

Edit: I should better pass, though. Just bother Dave, even when he charges more. 8BTC is better than no BTC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 17509

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2024, 05:20:58 AM

Open for suggestions...
You're asking someone who's not willing to run the brute-force he's been suggested for years, to prove he can extract mkey, salt and iteration from Bitcoin Core. It's not going to happen.

aliveNFT

View Profile
October 08, 2024, 06:04:00 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2024, 08:01:20 AM by aliveNFT

You're asking someone who's not willing to run the brute-force he's been suggested for years, to prove he can extract mkey, salt and iteration from Bitcoin Core. It's not going to happen.
Are there any other methods besides brute-force in general? In my opinion, this is the safest and best option.

git clone https://github.com/3rdIteration/btcrecover.git

install requirements

go offline
set everything correctly

Code:
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%Y-%m-%d'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%m-%d-%Y'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%d-%m-%Y'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%Y%m%d'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%m%d%Y'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%d%m%Y'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%Y/%m/%d'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%m/%d/%Y'))  
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%d/%m/%Y'))

and forget about it for a while...
at least need to start somewhere.
total gonna be ~243,252 variants

edited: from 1950 - 2024

ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 7936

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 08, 2024, 08:17:18 AM

set everything correctly

Code:
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%Y-%m-%d'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%m-%d-%Y'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%d-%m-%Y'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%Y%m%d'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%m%d%Y'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%d%m%Y'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%Y/%m/%d'))
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%m/%d/%Y'))  
date_variants.append(current_date.strftime('%d/%m/%Y'))

and forget about it for a while...
at least need to start somewhere.
total gonna be ~243,252 variants

edited: from 1950 - 2024

Sorry, but your guide is too vague even for me who've used BTCRecover few times. I never had to add or edit code while using BTCRecover. In addition, i didn't find date_variants text on any BTCRecover text/source code files.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aliveNFT

View Profile
October 08, 2024, 08:26:20 AM

Sorry, but your guide is too vague even for me who've used BTCRecover few times. I never had to add or edit code while using BTCRecover. In addition, i didn't find date_variants text on any BTCRecover text/source code files.

Since you used it, then you should know that any .py file you run can be modified in any form you like and with the parameters you need...
If you want, I can take the time to put this element into the code and then run it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: