Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:57:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Game over, say good bye to altcoin mania  (Read 2307 times)
hvezdasmrti (OP)

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:47:49 AM

Prices crashed, it was a nice rallye, thank for much hardware from AMD dear buyers but i now really dont know what to do with so many AMD videocards  Wink Giveaway?  Grin Cold storage? Hot storage (mining for 0 profit)?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

However the game has ended, see you later in a year, recommending to be prepared better for a new mania wave, the only sure thing is:

- bitcoin will dump and pump
- alts (maybe better say alternative ideas than alternative coins) will follow but i dont expect bagholding of today alts will be too much profitable, needed a new idea how to hoove money from people, nobody gets burned twice by the same way

In Pump and Dump we trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:50:38 AM

Not to worry. The next time BTC spikes up, altcoins will as well.
Also when the Scypt ASICS go online en masse, GPU miners will look for the next generation of coins to mine. X11 Smiley

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:18:48 AM

giveaway would be good, i take two 280x

jk
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:24:23 AM

As I said a couple of times, my GPU exit plan for script ASIC mass adoption will be buying a lot of cards and building some really freakin' good gaming machines Smiley.
Dervie

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:27:14 AM

Also when the Scypt ASICS go online en masse, GPU miners will look for the next generation of coins to mine. X11 Smiley

You are right. The only thing to do is holding our coins firmly. And only mine the valuable coins, such as darkcoin.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:43:24 AM

You are right. The only thing to do is holding our coins firmly. And only mine the valuable coins, such as darkcoin.

lol darkcoin is overrated, it won't be adopted and won't go mainstream. I can't see it being adopted by shops. It's name is a failure and will probably used for illegal shit
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:01:14 PM

lol darkcoin is overrated, it won't be adopted and won't go mainstream. I can't see it being adopted by shops. It's name is a failure and will probably used for illegal shit

Isn't it the first X11 coin ? I like the concept but the name sounds someway not that serious...

Cryptostats.es
reRaise

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:23:41 PM

Isn't it the first X11 coin ? I like the concept but the name sounds someway not that serious...

No it's not the first multiple hashing coin, maybe the first with 11 of em. It's a copy of quarks 6 and qubitcoins 5 hashing functions put together and the funny part is that quark is more secure than dark coin while it has less, more hashing functions doesn't mean more secure
anonuser777

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:35:34 PM

I'm banking on it. When darksend is up and running hopefully it'll get picked up the cartels, mafia, yakuza, etc. There's a load of money to made riding on a wave of illegal shit. What other people do with their money is not my concern.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:42:53 PM

I believe that Darkcoin will be the next Litecoin once the big scrypt asics come this summer. Why? Because what else are the GPU miners going to point their hashing power at?

As for Game Over? how stupid, I have been hearing this since I got into alts/btc. This isn't going to stop in our lifetimes. Its just evolving constantly.
reRaise

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:43:04 PM

I'm banking on it. When darksend is up and running hopefully it'll get picked up the cartels, mafia, yakuza, etc. There's a load of money to made riding on a wave of illegal shit. What other people do with their money is not my concern.

aaaaand it's gone, cus regulators will go after it. so it's a "try" to get some money quick scheme and don't think it will get that far for maffias and yakuza to use it
dspair

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:48:58 PM

lol darkcoin is overrated, it won't be adopted and won't go mainstream.
Neither will Litecoin or any other altcoin. But ssshhh, we need someone to pay for our asics and mining rigs.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:04:44 PM

I believe that Darkcoin will be the next Litecoin once the big scrypt asics come this summer. Why? Because what else are the GPU miners going to point their hashing power at?

As for Game Over? how stupid, I have been hearing this since I got into alts/btc. This isn't going to stop in our lifetimes. Its just evolving constantly.

The problem is miners can mine any coin all day but if there is no market for it, the coin will go nowhere. Myriad is a good example, millions are being pumped into the market but the end users don't think it is worth much.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:07:01 PM

The problem is miners can mine any coin all day but if there is no market for it, the coin will go nowhere. Myriad is a good example, millions are being pumped into the market but the end users don't think it is worth much.

It has end users? Whatever do they use it for? I thought it was just a miner circle-jerk.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Borntostun

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:21:49 PM

Really?

I still think KHS mining or scrypt mining is the way to go.  Try scrypt.cc if you're not already.

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baaaT

My returns there are doing so much better than my CEX account.  I think it's the auto-switch in profitability and low fees that make it awesome.  Try it out.  Fees are the devil. 
atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:31:48 PM

BS. Best breakeven in 6 months? No thanks. How much are you getting paid via refs to promote them? Don't mislead people for your profit.

WayToGo

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:38:47 PM

Game over?
No way....I believe crypto currencies is the future and alt coins do have a very important role in the future for it.
anonuser777

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:45:42 PM

aaaaand it's gone, cus regulators will go after it. so it's a "try" to get some money quick scheme and don't think it will get that far for maffias and yakuza to use it

Regulators may go after it but they can't shut it down. That's like saying they'll shut down the internet. Somewhere on earth there will be a market to exchange BTC to DRK.
drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:16:06 PM

Its just getting started though
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:29:37 PM

U can sell some excess gpu's here