Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:10:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 9800gt and only 2800 khps??????????  (Read 3295 times)
pyrohydrosmok (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 04:31:28 AM

WHAT IN THE HELL?! How is this possible... I see people with similar setups getting ridiculous numbers and I'm only getting barely better than my dual core cpu.. what gives?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 04:50:48 AM

I have a 9800gtx2, using Ubuntu OpenCL code and I get around 27 MHash/sec for each of the dual cards, totaling 54 MHash/sec plus another 2 MHash/sec for my CPU.  I have a strong feeling that those numbers you are quoting are for your CPU, not GPU.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
pyrohydrosmok (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 04:52:35 AM

I have a 9800gtx2, using Ubuntu OpenCL code and I get around 27 MHash/sec for each of the dual cards, totaling 54 MHash/sec plus another 2 MHash/sec for my CPU.  I have a strong feeling that those numbers you are quoting are for your CPU, not GPU.

Nope I have the miner started and the shell window shows 2800 k/hps average. My GPU usage is at 100% and the temps are SOARING to 100c... the GPU is doing it's job.....

EDIT: CPU is about 1800 k/hps

EDIT2: Also I'm using RPC miner
pyrohydrosmok (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 05:45:34 AM

ANyone have any idea? I should be getting MUCH higher numbers than this I can't figure out what is going on. Huh
em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 05:49:46 AM

Try booting your computer into terminal mode only, such as by typing init 3 to enter run level 3 (Multi-User Mode with Networking but no display manager).  It's possible that your desktop or something else is eating up your GPU cycles.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
pyrohydrosmok (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 06:07:38 PM

Oh JESUS GOD did I mention this is Windows 7 32-bit.... Forgive me, I have not been a forum user for a long time. I'm so used to being in IRC where my friends know all my tech specs off the top of their heads... This really is a hassle.. and if I could afford a sata to molex I'd have a second HDD to boot something like Slack.
pyrohydrosmok (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 10:12:10 PM

anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Cry
em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 01:28:34 AM

Oh JESUS GOD did I mention this is Windows 7 32-bit.... Forgive me, I have not been a forum user for a long time. I'm so used to being in IRC where my friends know all my tech specs off the top of their heads... This really is a hassle.. and if I could afford a sata to molex I'd have a second HDD to boot something like Slack.

You don't need a new hard drive.  Download the latest Ubuntu and burn to usb/cd and restart your computer.  Try the Ubuntu setup using the commands described here:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2636.0

If it doesn't work, tell me what specifically went wrong, as well as a bunch of info about your machine.  Please reply with the output of the following commands:

cat /proc/cpuinfo
lspci
uname -a

Then maybe we can help you out and diagnose the problem.

pyrohydrosmok (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 02:04:29 AM

SO instead of doing everything from the windows shell I decided to fire up the guiMiner..... Lo and behold when I use the poclbm-gui I'm getting 23Mhash/s.... only when I run from command line do I get erroneous readings... hmmm.....

And actually I do need this other HDD. That's why I have it. My main HDD is used for media/etc.... My entire house is routed through this machine atm.....
em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 02:18:22 AM

SO instead of doing everything from the windows shell I decided to fire up the guiMiner..... Lo and behold when I use the poclbm-gui I'm getting 23Mhash/s.... only when I run from command line do I get erroneous readings... hmmm.....

Excellent.  It's possible that the command line version was only reporting CPU hashes, and simply didn't print GPU cycles, but you should stick with the GPU version.

And actually I do need this other HDD. That's why I have it. My main HDD is used for media/etc.... My entire house is routed through this machine atm.....

You realize that Ubuntu will provide you with an option to create a seperate partition to install on.

pyrohydrosmok (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 02:24:06 AM

Hey now, don't insult my intelligence. Yeah I realize that but I only have about 2GB free on this HDD at any given time. I have another HDD specifically for Linux or other OS installs but my second PSU fried a while back and I lost all my SATA to Molex cables.
em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 02:26:02 AM

Hey now, don't insult my intelligence. Yeah I realize that but I only have about 2GB free on this HDD at any given time. I have another HDD specifically for Linux or other OS installs but my second PSU fried a while back and I lost all my SATA to Molex cables.

Sorry, my bad.  I didn't know.

pyrohydrosmok (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

I ain't even mad bro. I was kidding.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: