Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game: I see  (Read 1287 times)
SaintFlow (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 09:55:07 AM

I start:

I see someone was impressed with stable price at ultra low volume for the last 2 days

I see shortterm pirce drop to 4$

I see mitterm buy and longterm hold

don't let me make you question your assumptions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 04:44:59 PM

I see a stupid spam bot that has the ability to execute orders that are smaller than I can place. (.0001 BTC) It does this thousands of times an hour, and makes my interwebz SLOOWW!

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 04:48:30 PM

there is a market indicator called the McClellan Oscillator which many of us use when investing in other markets.

basically its a measure of activity measured with bands.  as the bands contract and come together with time it indicates a decreasing level of activity in whatever market you're measuring.  it also portends a burst of activity in either direction the timing and direction of which is difficult to predict.  basically, its a moving picture of the calm before the storm.  in fact, i have never seen such an unprecedented level of calm before this ramp and i was here thru the April fun.

in Bitcoin's case, we were working on a slow new uptrend with a classic bullish triangle setup which I predicted would break up in a burst of new activity.  the trick was to get in before the break.  

well, we got the storm alright. Cheesy
Dan The Man

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 04:54:50 PM

basically its a measure of activity measured with bands.  as the bands contract and come together with time it indicates a decreasing level of activity in whatever market you're measuring.  it also portends a burst of activity in either direction the timing and direction of which is difficult to predict.  basically, its a moving picture of the calm before the storm.

I think the idea behind that is that as the fluctuations decrease, speculators start taking larger and larger positions close to the market value, expecting these predictable small fluctuations about the average, and consequently shrinking the fluctuations and stabilizing the price. They are making profit buying when low, selling when high. Eventually, some random amount of noise in the price, or a "malicious" person with money, will push the price past somebody's comfort level, and that person will sell or buy at a loss, pushing it further and causing more people to do the same until it cascades. It should be predictable if you have an idea of how much background noise there is and what the average fluctuation tolerance of the market is. When the tolerance falls below the noise, it is unstable.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 04:59:30 PM

I see a stupid spam bot that has the ability to execute orders that are smaller than I can place. (.0001 BTC) It does this thousands of times an hour, and makes my interwebz SLOOWW!

Yeah annoying like hell. It's been doing that for days now...

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 05:06:58 PM

basically its a measure of activity measured with bands.  as the bands contract and come together with time it indicates a decreasing level of activity in whatever market you're measuring.  it also portends a burst of activity in either direction the timing and direction of which is difficult to predict.  basically, its a moving picture of the calm before the storm.

I think the idea behind that is that as the fluctuations decrease, speculators start taking larger and larger positions close to the market value, expecting these predictable small fluctuations about the average, and consequently shrinking the fluctuations and stabilizing the price. They are making profit buying when low, selling when high. Eventually, some random amount of noise in the price, or a "malicious" person with money, will push the price past somebody's comfort level, and that person will sell or buy at a loss, pushing it further and causing more people to do the same until it cascades. It should be predictable if you have an idea of how much background noise there is and what the average fluctuation tolerance of the market is. When the tolerance falls below the noise, it is unstable.

yeah, everyone looks at these indicators differently.  to me its a huge red flag that something big is about to happen.  the trick is guessing which way the break will be. 

i sit up in my seat when i see these formations whereas i bet most market participants who have less experience become lulled to sleep from the inaction and get themselves into a dangerous position.

its actually easier to buy and sell with larger fluctuations in price, aka, higher volatility.  its difficult when the price moves are so small making it harder to fit your profitable trade into a smaller spread.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 05:11:53 PM

I see a bunch of greedy people who still don't understand what the bitcoin utility is for.

FlipPro
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 05:52:11 PM

I see a bunch of greedy people who still don't understand what the bitcoin utility is for.
Lol here you go trying to define Bitcoin again... The "BTC utility" does not subscribe to anyone's specified use on this forum, it simply just is, and that's actually one of the biggest advantages to this system. Stop shunning the speculators, because believe it or not Bitcoin needs them. And we are already seeing a massive correction from the highs of $4.50 yesterday, the market is getting better at correcting itself, but don't be surprised if it rockets again, we are in RALLY MODE you know... Stop trying to define shit, and maybe you'll have a better time using the "BTC utility"...
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 07:32:03 PM

The main thing I'm seeing right now, for the short term at least, is the utility that BTC is allowing for an impoverished college student such as myself, who cannot find work due to overwhelming circumstances, to prop himself up to the point of overcoming those circumstances.  Then, after overcoming, I will be in a much better position to give back to the Bitcoin concept and community.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 11:33:20 PM

Can't I be greedy although I understand the utility of Bitcoin? Huh Smiley

@Topic: I see a decicive point for the future of Bitcoin. The sentiments now, whether the community can return to growth, they tell a lot about what the future holds. Will public interest stop dropping, is development keeping up even after everything? This is the great decision happening. And it's not looking all that bad. Hell yeah, long live Bitcoin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: