Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Island  (Read 9663 times)
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:32:53 AM

The Republic of shatoshi...

I just hope a storm does not knock out power for any long period of time or we would all be SOL lol

Shatoshi?

But this is a really good idea,  but how would we make it a country if we buy the island which is owned buy another country?

What if we got sealand to accept bitcoin?
http://www.sealandgov.org/

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
MeandMissNoob

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:58:57 AM

This may sound funny, but the idea is not even so weird. I would like to live on an island with people who dont have a specific religion, and work for and use BTC.

Where can I sign in? Cheesy
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:54:06 AM

Buying an Island is not a problem. Proclaiming it country might be bigger one. Besides I think crypto currencies belong to Internet.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:56:21 AM

We are gonna need some missiles and shit to defend our sovereignty  though

Contact Viktor Bout. He might be able to help you. However, I am not sure whether he accepts BTC or not.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:01:43 AM

You don't really need a physical land, it will be stupid to rebuild it from scratch. You only need a virtual land attached to the physical world, which makes the physical world a sub-set of this virtual land (the physical world have very limited freedom, maximum 4 dimension, but a virtual world can have unlimited dimension)

Any country's financial system on this planet is only a sub-set of bitcoin network

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:12:09 AM

You don't really need a physical land, it will be stupid to rebuild it from scratch. You only need a virtual land attached to the physical world, which makes the physical world a sub-set of this virtual land (the physical world have very limited freedom, maximum 4 dimension, but a virtual world can have unlimited dimension)

Any country's financial system on this planet is only a sub-set of bitcoin network

The Matrix!
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:13:46 AM

Do you mean like a virtual country? A digital nation? If that is possible it sounds like a really cool idea!
S4VV4S

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:47:30 AM

Do you mean like a virtual country? A digital nation? If that is possible it sounds like a really cool idea!

It already exists but not with BTC, instead it's Linden Dollars.
It's called second life.

Personally I tried it once and found it stupid, but it's a good base start.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:57:16 AM

We are gonna need some missiles and shit to defend our sovereignty  though

Contact Viktor Bout. He might be able to help you. However, I am not sure whether he accepts BTC or not.

no missiles please. Thats so 1960s i would like me some freaking lasers.
James222

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Wassup?

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:02:43 PM

Great idea I have to say but mafias and drug dealers would stick around this place. You'd need to get bitcoin to another level. Basically, you'd need to make it spendable without your computer. Maybe some sort of paypass bitcoin card?
blacksails

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:19:15 PM

It's called second life.

No, I'm not thinking of a game. I'm thinking of an actual self-declared digital nation! With its servers placed on international territory or something. That would be really cool.
S4VV4S

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:21:14 PM

It's called second life.

No, I'm not thinking of a game. I'm thinking of an actual self-declared digital nation! With its servers placed on international territory or something. That would be really cool.

Like I said it's a base start....

None the less, if more members are interested in creating a such world count me in as designer, web designer and a few other things I do on the side Wink

EDIT: No need for international servers. Blockchain baby!!!!!
Bitram

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:49:14 PM

If I donate to such Island, would i get my own plot from the start ? Cheesy
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:59:29 PM

No. Such an island is not possible to build. Every square inch of the earth (not only the land, but the oceans also) is currently claimed by some UN nation. They will not allow the creation of a Bitcoin island.

The only option for Bitcoiners is to migrate to some less populated nation like Nauru, and take it over. But international law prevents such a takeover.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:14:38 PM

Or, we could all decide on one location and move there. Some location that is already friendly to our ideals, but has a small enough population and government footprint that we can affect change. Damn, http://freestateproject.org/ beat me to it.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
blacksails

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:28:10 PM

No. Such an island is not possible to build. Every square inch of the earth (not only the land, but the oceans also) is currently claimed by some UN nation. They will not allow the creation of a Bitcoin island.

The only option for Bitcoiners is to migrate to some less populated nation like Nauru, and take it over. But international law prevents such a takeover.
Yeah, but fuck the UN. Still, since we have some money the Nauru government will totally cooperate. (Nauru doesn't really have any money)
Destiffmast

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:35:22 PM

I'm in. Let's do this!!!  Grin
S4VV4S

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:58:44 PM

I'm in. Let's do this!!!  Grin

OK, so how do we go about this?

Let's see, I personally can create a virtual world in Flash which is supported by Windows, Mac and Linux.
Mobiles are a problem here...

We do however need some sort of blockchain and I must admit that it is beyond my skills to embed blockchain in the Flash platform.

Apart from that, I can definitely create a virtual world including stores, etc, in Flash, all backed up with a database and cross-platform third party tools like Zinc or Haxe.
I will need help though if we want it fast.

We can call it BitCountry BitCointry  Grin - or something.

If something like this is created then maybe we can start shaping things the way we want them?

We will probably need to seek legal advice when using a virtual world to sell real life products legally.

I don't know, it's a start, but I am up for it  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

EDIT: Seriously, imagine the possibilities of creating a REAL WORLD - game - where everyone is happy!

EDIT 2: OP. I think I love your idea and my wife will probably hate me for not going to bed before 4:00am because I am working on this....

Edit 3: Are we trying to create the Matrix here? I know I have mentioned this before but....
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:45:52 PM

Looks like a nice place.
Are those < 600 friendly or blood thirsty?

A census taker once tried to test them. They ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:51:31 PM

Yeah, but fuck the UN. Still, since we have some money the Nauru government will totally cooperate. (Nauru doesn't really have any money)

No country will allow unlimited immigration to the point that the natives become only a fraction of the population. Already in Nauru, only around 60% of the population is native.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: