Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:30:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Symmetric Step Trading: Now Closed  (Read 6991 times)
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:05:39 PM

The two Symmetric Step partners have been "lurkers" on this forum since mid 2013. We were here during the rise and fall of BTC-TC and during the fall of BitFunder. We saw Ukyo and Namworld default and we saw the TradeFortress long con come to its conclusion.

I think I missed something here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Darkstone2

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:42:24 AM

We have offered you opportunity to put your money where your mouth is and turn your certainty into easy money. You decided not to do this and I wonder why? ...

Laughter is the only reasonable response to your offer.  It also happens to be a textbook example of "putting my money where my moth is."
Giving you money, while simultaneously calling you out, would be absurd.  Your logic fails at this, the most basic of levels.
Leaving me without doubts about your other abilities.

His logic fails? Ehm.. I think that you have skipped over his last few posts, because he clearly mentions:

Since some handful of nameless people now are making such loud noises once our offering begins we have a perfect gentleman proposal for you. If you are so certain that we are lying or making an obvious con then you can make easy money by placing a bet that you win if we run away with investor money. Put your money where your mouth is and make a bet for us. You must be willing to give us very good odds since you are so certain maybe you would like to make it 5 to 1? Set up the bet please and put your money up in escrow so we can see how certain you are really. We will take your bet with personal capital.

There are various websites for this, for example there is an 'neobee orphaned in 2014' bet here: http://bitbet.us/bet/762/neobee-orphaned-in-2014/. If you are so certain this is an obvious scam, putting your money in bitbet seems like a solid investment.
Darkstone2

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:09:39 AM

If you're talking to me, both of those company's where purely hypothetical.
sporket

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:19:17 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 11:33:30 AM by sporket

We have offered you opportunity to put your money where your mouth is and turn your certainty into easy money. You decided not to do this and I wonder why? ...

Laughter is the only reasonable response to your offer.  It also happens to be a textbook example of "putting my money where my moth is."
Giving you money, while simultaneously calling you out, would be absurd.  Your logic fails at this, the most basic of levels.

His logic fails? Ehm.. I think that you have skipped over his last few posts, because he clearly mentions:

Since some handful of nameless people now are making such loud noises once our offering begins we have a perfect gentleman proposal for you. If you are so certain that we are lying or making an obvious con then you can make easy money by placing a bet that you win if we run away with investor money. Put your money where your mouth is and make a bet for us. You must be willing to give us very good odds since you are so certain maybe you would like to make it 5 to 1? Set up the bet please and put your money up in escrow so we can see how certain you are really. We will take your bet with personal capital.

There are various websites for this, for example there is an 'neobee orphaned in 2014' bet here: http://bitbet.us/bet/762/neobee-orphaned-in-2014/. If you are so certain this is an obvious scam, putting your money in bitbet seems like a solid investment.

Darkstone2, now it's YOUR logic that fails.  Here's what OP is trying to do:

1.  OP promises you 2 doughnuts tomorrow if you give him one doughnut today. <== "invest with OP" 
2.  I point out shit ain't happening. <== "OP, put down teh glue"
3.  OP tells me he'll bet me a doughnut, @ 5:1 odds, that he will.  If he gives you 2 doughnuts tomorrow, I will owe him 5 doughnuts.
4.  I, being an average "investor" of this forum, gladly accept.
5.  OP gives you 2 doughnuts, collects my 5 doughnuts, ends up with 4 doughnuts.
6.   PROFIT!!1!

But hey, I'll play along with OP.  OP, set up a bet on bitbet, fund it with something interesting, let's say 50 BTC, and I'll take it.  Put your money where your mouth is Smiley

BTW, ask yourself:  If OP has personal funds to tie up in bets, why is he asking for your money?
Darkstone2

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:08:23 PM

BTW, ask yourself:  If OP has personal funds to tie up in bets, why is he asking for your money?

because risk management.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:17:07 PM

Asking others to take risks -> Best Risk Management Cheesy

*Waiting for OP to get that bitbet going.  You can start one too, since you've expressed interest.  Mebby you 2 could pool ur coins together?
SymStep (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:46:53 AM

Probably this is what people are meaning when they say Namworld default from original Bitfunder contract.

@NotLambchop and @sporket who are not scientists and do not understand that absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence. You make many accusations and say they are obvious and reasoned but really are just prejudice because you cannot understand how somebody could make competent offering from successful research and you can only understand that they must be scammers. Now even when I say put your money where your mouth is and set up a bet because you are so certain we are scammers still you just use mouth and make no bet. Now you say wait for me instead to set up bet but I am not the one making false accusations because I can only understand people being bad people. This is what I thought that you have only mouth and you have shown this is true.

Now we go back to others who would like to invest and spend no more time on loud mouths who pretend certainty.
sporket

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:03:36 AM

You want me to make a bet with you.
You want me to give you 5:1 odds.
And you want me to also set it up for you?
Anything else you'd like, OP?
Oh yeah, you'd like people to send you some bitcoins,
Good luck, OP Cheesy
Darkstone2

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:23:00 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 08:40:30 AM by Darkstone2

Asking others to take risks -> Best Risk Management Cheesy

*Waiting for OP to get that bitbet going.  You can start one too, since you've expressed interest.  Mebby you 2 could pool ur coins together?

I think that, again, you haven't read half of my posts since you clearly misunderstood my opinion. I have indeed expressed interest in investments, but have decided against it for reasons mentioned in this thread (most important, the lack of openness provided about previous results).

This doesn't mean i think this is a total scam, but i am not on the side of SymStep either.  If anything, i would bet against SymStep because the odds (5:1) provided are so ridiculously.

SymStep (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:02:20 AM

You want me to make a bet with you.
You want me to give you 5:1 odds.
And you want me to also set it up for you?
Anything else you'd like, OP?
Oh yeah, you'd like people to send you some bitcoins,
Good luck, OP Cheesy

Remember sporket you are the newbie here making loud noises to impress others with false accusations and bad reasoning. We have developed method over nearly now one year and have made very nice profit from our work. You only make loud noises about you are so certain we are scammers but you have no evidence and no valid reasoning you have only fact that we wish to remain anonymous. We have said if you are so certain then you show us how certain you are and make bet. Now you just complain that we make too much work for you or guess wrong odds to show how certain you are. If you have nothing to say maybe you should learn the phrase STFU. For us we will use the link to ignore you.

Thank you to others for your patience while we listened to sporket that we are done with this waste now.

Thank you to others for your investments in 17,750 shares.
sporket

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:42:48 AM

But hey, I'll play along with OP.  OP, set up a bet on bitbet, fund it with something interesting, let's say 50 BTC, and I'll take it.  Put your money where your mouth is Smiley

Still waiting, OP, still waiting...
Darkstone2

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:03:41 AM

Why are you waiting for something you can setup yourself at bitbet? I'd imagine OP has something better to do than creating bets.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:19:04 AM

Why are you waiting for something you can setup yourself at bitbet? I'd imagine OP has something better to do than creating bets.

If OP challenges me to a bet, asks me for 5:1 odds in his favor, the very least he can do is set it up Cheesy
Darkstone2

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:21:20 AM

Fair point.
SymStep (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:10:38 AM

If OP challenges me to a bet, asks me for 5:1 odds in his favor, the very least he can do is set it up Cheesy

Too bad NotLamchop the OP did not challenge you to a bet.

We said if the loud noise mouths have so much certainty that they are right then they should put their money where their mouth is. If you think you are certain then you put up challenge. Example for 5:1 odds was guess about how right you think you are. If you think you are wrong then you should not choose 5:1. If you think you are certain then you should choose 100:1. If you like only to make noise about other people but you don't know anything as much as you claim then you should learn the phrase STFU. More now to the ignore link for NotLambchop.

@Darkstone2: Yes.

Only real discussions come from PM from people who do understand something about trading method and want to know more technically. Here on forum thread is noise from loud people only not saying anything but try to look like experts.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:56:09 AM

OP, you're too broke to pay attention? Cheesy

Laughter is the only reasonable response to your offer.  It also happens to be a textbook example of "putting my money where my mouth is."

Protip:  Don't rush things, OP.  Start with realistic, attainable goals -- stealing apples from street vendors, for instance.  If things work out, you could work up from there.  Best of luck.

...But hey, I'll play along with OP.  OP, set up a bet on bitbet, fund it with something interesting, let's say 50 BTC, and I'll take it.  Put your money where your mouth is Smiley

ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 11:30:39 AM

I have never heard the phrase "put your money where your mouth is" used by anybody else than people from USA and especially assholes from USA. All other reasonable people understand that investing is done with completely different strategies and not touching something with a 10 foot pole is a perfectly valid strategy for suspected cons even and especially if there seems to be an asshole that starts bullying and insulting you with the "put your money" crap.

I do not like a steaming pile of shit in the middle of carpet in my livingroom and even if I happen to express my dislike for it there is no way in hell I will start investing money anywhere near it and especially so if somebody start annoying me telling I have to put my money where my mouth is when he hears me talking about this dog excrement in my livingroom.

This comment is written solely to express my extreme dislike for the phrase "put your money where your mouth is".
SymStep (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:59:56 PM

Capital Allocation Update

During the next few days we will initiate moving of IPO funds into accounts for fund activity.

There cannot be any trading returns for first week before ex-dividend date on Wednesday so we plan for first trading update after second week.

Thank you for all feedback and for supporting PMs.
SymStep (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:04:44 AM

Dividends to April 30

Total dividends of 0.20088165 or 0.00001132 per share will be distributed in the next minutes coming to shareholders up to ex-dividend date April 30.

Order book setups evaluated:   12
Order book setups executed:   3
Trading profits absolute:   0.20088165
Trading profits percentage:   1.13%
Shares outstanding:   17,750

End of month reporting will be made after May because April results have included only one trading week.
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:28:13 AM

Probably this is what people are meaning when they say Namworld default from original Bitfunder contract.

@NotLambchop and @sporket who are not scientists and do not understand that absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence. You make many accusations and say they are obvious and reasoned but really are just prejudice because you cannot understand how somebody could make competent offering from successful research and you can only understand that they must be scammers. Now even when I say put your money where your mouth is and set up a bet because you are so certain we are scammers still you just use mouth and make no bet. Now you say wait for me instead to set up bet but I am not the one making false accusations because I can only understand people being bad people. This is what I thought that you have only mouth and you have shown this is true.

Now we go back to others who would like to invest and spend no more time on loud mouths who pretend certainty.

I mean among so many outright scams to choose for, that you mention me being late on repayment on loan repayment based on a single post in the middle of a thread.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: