Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My wife  (Read 5550 times)
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:31:46 PM

Don't try to understand women's mind ... is harder than any encryption algo ... say ...

I don't know ... I love you ...
--Jeff Bridges

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:55:11 PM

The misogyny is thick in this thread.

That said, I avoided the wife problem early on by never acquiring one. A wife is a serious financial commitment and, in modern times, a potential long-time liability. You should make a decision to invest in one only with very careful consideration.

Bitcoins you can buy a little bit of here and there and use online pretty much anywhere these days. You don't need to invest as heavily into them and they usually pay out after a year or two. They might end up being worthless someday, but they don't typically come with any additional non-financial obligations.

Invest thoughtfully!

I might get married someday, but it will take a miracle:
No women no cry ~Bob Marley
No wife No cry. ~Bit_Happy

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:23:34 PM

problem is: no wife = no kids.
now kids are no investment, but if you ever wondered about the meaning of life and your special role in it, kids can be helpful answering that one. i recommend kids, they are miracles.

my kids have taught me a lot about life, and redirected my priorities therein lies a huge benefit, as for the rest I’ll go with the scientific research on the topic and confirm they don’t bring happiness.

I have nieces and nephews, don't need sons and daughters. I went the safe route and put the onus on my siblings to carry on the family name. All I have to do is provide a financial safety net for them without worrying about the day-to-day.
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:09:42 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 11:32:33 PM by knightcoin

I have nieces and nephews are like granddaughters and grandsons you get the bonus but parents still responsible to take then to hospital when they get sick ....

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:26:26 PM

Sexism aside, ask her what she would recommend as an investment instead. Compare expected % growth and assess the risk of anything she suggests. If she has nothing to offer then she shouldn't be so critical of your investment.

It really bugs me when people complain but offer no constructive input of their own.

If you (two) are investing then bitcoin should not be your sole investment. An good portfolio will have a distribution of risk vs reward across many asset types.

AGreed ...she needs to look at teh risk reward ration ..Bitcoin on a mid term 6-12 month investment is GOLDEN

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:46:32 PM

That said, I avoided the wife problem early on by never acquiring one. A wife is a serious financial commitment and, in modern times, a potential long-time liability. You should make a decision to invest in one only with very careful consideration.

Bitcoins you can buy a little bit of here and there and use online pretty much anywhere these days. You don't need to invest as heavily into them and they usually pay out after a year or two. They might end up being worthless someday, but they don't typically come with any additional non-financial obligations.

Invest thoughtfully!

now kids are no investment, but if you ever wondered about the meaning of life and your special role in it, kids can be helpful answering that one. i recommend kids, they are miracles.

my kids have taught me a lot about life, and redirected my priorities therein lies a huge benefit, as for the rest I’ll go with the scientific research on the topic and confirm they don’t bring happiness.

Kids are great.  Kids are expensive.  That is another reason we need Bitcoin!!  Grin

they can be very cute, just over a year ago today:

Quote from: Adrian-x Re: The Old Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker March-28-2013
So I gave my kids each a paper wallet with X BTC awhile ago, and every big jump I give them an update (I thought of it like a savings account for doing chores, but they earn more by playing Lego).

Last week I gave my 5 year old the definition of Bull market and a Bear market,  well with all the growth lately, they are feeling bullish, so on the news of the $5 jump to the mid $90's my little one says to me: "wow those bulls are very happy today". (I imagine he sees it literally)

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:47:34 AM

Invest thoughtfully!

Kids are great.  Kids are expensive.  That is another reason we need Bitcoin!!  Grin

they can be very cute, just over a year ago today:

Quote from: Adrian-x Re: The Old Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker March-28-2013
So I gave my kids each a paper wallet with X BTC awhile ago, and every big jump I give them an update (I thought of it like a savings account for doing chores, but they earn more by playing Lego).

Last week I gave my 5 year old the definition of Bull market and a Bear market,  well with all the growth lately, they are feeling bullish, so on the news of the $5 jump to the mid $90's my little one says to me: "wow those bulls are very happy today". (I imagine he sees it literally)

I hope the next 12 months are as exciting as the last 12.

creekbore

Activity: 210

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:36:11 AM

The misogyny is thick throughout this forum nevermind this thread.

But I feel very sorry for those trapped in what seem loveless, unsupportive marriages.  Someone posted upthread about using your 'own' money, which is about as anti-marriage an idea as I can imagine.   

I guess I'm very lucky -- 14 years married, completely sharing of good and bad times - wealth and possessions are details, shared ideas, passions and commitment is what it is all about.

Some very sad men in the world, no wonder we have so much war and violence.

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:23:17 AM

Most women are idiots with money. Deal with it.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
creekbore

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:30:07 AM

Deal with the fact you are a sexist boor...no thanks, I'll just put you on ignore. Bye.

Zule

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:32:47 AM

Most men are too..
Its sad that so many think its theyd be better off without a companion in life
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:41:22 AM

I'm the first one when it comes to joking (my sig is meant to be just a joke), but it's the first time I'm part of a forum where I constantly read misogynist posts. WTF?!

Under construction.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:48:15 AM

I'm the first one when it comes to joking (my sig is meant to be just a joke), but it's the first time I'm part of a forum where I constantly read misogynist posts. WTF?!

Misogynists 'hate' women.

to say that "women are no good with money" is not sufficient evidence for hatred.

You might argue it is sexist...... but I think it is an interesting trend because the women I know are certainly no good with it.

the_poet
Legendary

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:03:17 AM

Misogynists 'hate' women.

to say that "women are no good with money" is not sufficient evidence for hatred.

You might argue it is sexist...... but I think it is an interesting trend because the women I know are certainly no good with it.

Call it as you like, but I still don't get why thinking most women are idiots when it comes to money should be a recurring topic here. OK, bitcoin is an investment, but there are lots of investing-related forums out there and don't have this issue. Also, bitcoin, if compared to other forms of investments, is very risky and I think a good wife has all the right to protest when she finds out that her greedy husband is investing more that their family can afford to lose. Who's the idiot here?

Under construction.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:24:58 AM

Deal with the fact you are a sexist boor...no thanks, I'll just put you on ignore. Bye.
You sound as if you think being sexist is a problem. It's not. Being a feminist is a problem, being a misandrist is a problem, and so is being a misogynist. Being realistic about how the world works, is not.

creekbore

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:25:02 AM

I guess that Kathryn Legrande (sp?) just heads up the IMF based on her cookery skills.

Really, if you haven't met women who are good with money you are talking to the wrong women.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:25:40 AM

Most men are too..
Its sad that so many think its theyd be better off without a companion in life
Don't make too many assumptions.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:26:32 AM

Your sig is excellent and something we should all strive to live up to.

the_poet
Legendary

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:32:20 AM

OK, but joking is a little bit different from being offensive.

Under construction.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:36:02 AM

OK, but joking is a little bit different from being offensive.
Anyone can be offended. By anything. That does not automatically make whatever was said an insult.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: