Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 12:28:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fund for lost baby  (Read 509 times)
amithus705 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:16:05 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been in the crypto scene since January of 2014 and this community seems to be really out-going and nice to people, especially those that fell on hard times. I know none of you know me however a good friend of mine just lost his 5 month old baby. He was born with a heard defect that made basically all the valves in his heart not work right. They didn't know it was like that until he was born. From the minute he was in this world they figured out something was wrong. Henry was born October 2013 and passed March of 2014, never leaving the hospital's NICU. When the hospital he was born at was not able to care for him, they transported him to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis, MN, which is where he lived until passing. It was hit and miss, some weeks were good and others were bad. They weren't able to operate because they needed to get the swelling in his heart to subside. They thought they had it under control for a while but his heart never went to a size that was manageable by the surgeons. Henry was on a ventilator the whole time he was alive and his parents (one of my best friends) were never able to hold their baby without tubes and hooked up to machines. They were never able to take him home for Christmas, Thanksgiving or any other time.

Needless to say, the hospital stay was expensive, and being a man of modest means, and of course thanks to our failing healthcare system, his insurance ran out and stopped paying for the stay at the hospital. They also had to pay for a funeral and burial for their child.

Any donation would be appreciated. I'm setting up a fund at our local credit union here in the Minneapolis, MN area. Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union will be accepting donations in US Dollars to the Opoien Fund starting April 3rd, 2014. The fund will stay open for 90 days at which time, the proceeds will be given to them by the Credit Union.

I've also started a BitCoin, LiteCoin and DogeCoin wallet for any of you that are willing to donate to the fund. I'll take the donations not in BitCoin to an exchange to turn into BitCoin and we will transfer all of the bitcoin to a wallet at CoinDesk at which time, the money will then be transferred into the fund account.

Please, anything you can spare will help this family. They are 28 years old and just starting out. This was their first child and don't have any meaningful savings that will help them get out of this financial nightmare.

I know you are probably wondering if this is a scam, and I promise you it's not. My company, Nexxus Cloud LLC is based out of Minneapolis, MN and we are registered with the state and have been since 2012 (the year we started the business). I'm backing the legitimacy of this request with my business's name. All of our clients are being asked to donate to the fund also. I'm willing to take phone calls on our main line upon request, just ask for Dan and I'll answer any questions you may have. PM me for the number. I'll try to check this site at least once a day. I'm in central time USA so bear in mind that when you PM me.

BTC -   1Ka1UnHF2bstserD2BmwkiNsQN9VPXYnPK
LTC -    Lb4YxkDeGbauxcKY7HNDkatdUJUrdv4F1X
Doge - DAkXgTNDBa4HAzvz7nBNvnYLZQMefPo2pW

Or send a check (NO CASH!!) to

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
ATTN: Opoien Fund
175 West Lafayette Frontage Road
St. Paul, MN 55107

Thank you all for your time, no donation is too small.

Sincerely,

Dan "amithus"
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:28:36 PM

can anyone verify this? i dont want to be that guy but like really this could be a scam pretty easily and its comon for people to do such things.

amithus705 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:16:09 PM

I totally get it. Give me a sec, I'll scan in the funeral card I got and I'll post it.
durrrr

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:30:03 PM

I totally get it. Give me a sec, I'll scan in the funeral card I got and I'll post it.

that would be a good idea dn im not trying to be a dick but id probally donate along wit others if we know its a real cause ya know

amithus705 (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

Yeah, I was going to do it when I posted but my MFP broke in the office and I'm setting up my new one as we speak. Stupid printers.
durrrr

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:25:51 PM

Yeah, I was going to do it when I posted but my MFP broke in the office and I'm setting up my new one as we speak. Stupid printers.

haha okay keep us informed and i hope you turn out to not be a scam. this would be a terrible one and probally make a lot of people hate you lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: