Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Coinmakers (X11, Scrypt)  (Read 1468 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gazza1 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:06:38 PM

My farm of GPUs has been converted to an X11 only setup.  Clocks, voltages, and even number of cards per breaker have been changed to maximize X11 mining potential, that said I can no longer mine regular scrypt coins because of such.

My point of this post is to encourage coin developers to start making more X11 coins and hey even change your current algos if you wish.  I am sure there are many out there like myself and many more to come.

That said I am still a supporter of scrypt coins, just not until Titan comes out.  And my GPUs will only ever see X11.

It's been a little while now so I know all of you regulars are aware, but for the other people who aren't yet aware X11 is a new mining algorithm that uses about 50% less power draw.  Which equates to significantly lower temperatures, much lower fan speeds, less noise, less heat, longer card life, and more cards per breaker and or less power bill.

FanFuckingTastic.

Here is the thread for more info.  Much love and respect for all those involved in creating this aglo.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

All those in favor of whatever, speak your words to keep this thread alive so more and more developers get the chance to see it.

Cheers

It is only self moderated to delete troll posts of negativity as I have no patience for that crap.  Productive posts need only apply.  Cool

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gazza1 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:54:22 PM

BUMP

dinEDG

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:56:22 PM

Edgecoin supports x11

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=540017.0
Gazza1 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:49:45 PM

Where are you punks at, talk

Start making more X11 coins

Gazza1 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:50:06 PM

Good job, awesome Smiley  I look forward to it.

Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:15:57 PM

Were I live, the hot weather is about to start, and yesterday was a hot day, and I reached the same conclusion. I've been running scrypt mining only in night time, it's cooler, and I pay less watt/€ at night, but yesterday was hotter and scrypt mining is ending... at least until winter.

There is other cooler algos also, and that consume less then scrypt: quark, heavy, groestl....

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 05:17:48 PM

X11 seems to be the future, just seems to have enough publicity, compared to other "green" algos like groestl and heavycoin

Gazza1 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:31:50 AM

Agreed guys.  It's hot here too now and it's so much better having a cool running setup.  I had a lot of cards die this year because they were running in the 80s all last year.  X11 for the win!

Gazza1 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:33:05 AM

X11 seems to be the future, just seems to have enough publicity, compared to other "green" algos like groestl and heavycoin

Guys, these algs are NOT ASIC resistant. Mine Scrypt-N. Seriously, unless you want ASICs to happen all over again, don't do this.

I don't care about this.  That would be at least a year or two away and by then better algos will be out.  Scrypt-N still runs hot and uses more power so I personally don't care for it.  X11 runs cool as ice and smooth as silk.

Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:01:31 AM

I agree with this. x11 is good as it gives everyone a fair go at mining it now and in the future hopefully it can move to ASIC's as they do bring a lot of benifit to the network. I would love to see a pos x11 coin!
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:21:08 AM

Guys, these algs are NOT ASIC resistant. Mine Scrypt-N. Seriously, unless you want ASICs to happen all over again, don't do this.

I don't care about this.  That would be at least a year or two away and by then better algos will be out.  Scrypt-N still runs hot and uses more power so I personally don't care for it.  X11 runs cool as ice and smooth as silk.

So you want to constantly hop coins? With Scrypt-N, the dev can just tweak one parameter and the coin is fine again, plus, Scrypt-N is a LOT harder to implement on an ASIC than X11.

But the hash rate drops and requires more and more memory when nfactor is increased right? Eventually it goes back to a cou coin, as it requires like 64 gb of memory, which I don't want. ASICS will come out regardless, so we shouldn't really worry about that IMO.

scottlilo

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:02:00 PM

So you want to constantly hop coins? With Scrypt-N, the dev can just tweak one parameter and the coin is fine again, plus, Scrypt-N is a LOT harder to implement on an ASIC than X11.

Scrypt-N is an awful Algo. It's literally Scrypt with included N factor? Is this a joke? Scrypt-N is NOT a lot harder to implement into ASIC than x11... The only difference is a slight memory requirement, and your an idiot if you think ASIC manufacturers won't add memory to ASIC's...

Also - Scrypt-N is GPU HOSTILE!! As the N factor increases, so does memory requirement, and soon scrypt-N will be unable to be mined by cheaper GPU's with 1 gig of memory.

X11 solves all these issues, as well as saving you money from power draw, it keeps your house cool in the summer, as well as being significantly easier to tweak than scrypt-N.

Poloniex Moderator
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:23:32 PM

I believe if we all just stuck to one algo and made ASICS super accesible, we wouldn't have this problem. But since we do have this problem, I think the way to go is X11.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: