Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:04:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused -> help would be nice.  (Read 990 times)
thefiatfreezone (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 08:53:50 PM

What is it exactly that you people are looking for?  What product or services is it that this community actually wants for bitcoin that either can not or is not serviced already and easier with counterfeit currencies.

May people here keep claiming bitcoin to be the future, perhaps that is true, for the FUTURE, but for the present what good is it if only the popular can 'sell' products and/or services.

I am truly confused as, lets face it, this 'market' is so flooded by wannabe techno geeks that there is no room there.  Hence, what is it that you are all looking for from bitcoin?  What product/services are people actually willing to pay for with bitcoin?

P.S. Yes, I am aware I have little to no creativity hence I am asking the question.   Be aware, no complaining, as I am not popular so it doesn't matter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 09:47:24 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2011, 01:06:39 AM by sadpandatech

How about a job that pays in Bitcoins?  

What I want most is not necessarily a good or service. Though, one service that I would subscribe to and would cater to the little 'popularity' caveat you mention would be an escrow service. One that actually has a facility or international facilities and the manpower to handle actually holding higher end goods in escrow. Make sure to pay your employees in Bitcoins. ;p

Cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
smickles

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 10:05:09 PM

How about a job that pays in Bitcoins?  

What I want most is not necessarily a good or serive. Though, one service that I would subscribe to and would cater to the little 'popularity' caveat you mention would be an escrow service. One that actually has a facility or international facilities and the manpower to handle actually holding higher end goods in escrow. Make sure to pay your employees in Bitcoins. ;p

Cheers
I agree with you about that sort of escrow service, even if it were not high end goods at first. Paying employees in bitcoin would help 'move things along' very nicely.

thefiatfreezone (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 10:18:43 PM

As much as I appreciate the suggestion, my understanding of the bitcoin is that it IS or will SOON be implementing an Escrow directly into the client, so that no 3rd party will be able to 'run off' with your money.  Hence, another option is required.

?? unless I'm incorrect about this.
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 10:24:27 PM

As much as I appreciate the suggestion, my understanding of the bitcoin is that it IS or will SOON be implementing an Escrow directly into the client, so that no 3rd party will be able to 'run off' with your money.  Hence, another option is required.

?? unless I'm incorrect about this.

You are incorrect.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 10:37:51 PM

I'm confused to. How does counterfeit currency make anyhting easy? Printing dollars is hard and illegal and the person you pay is tricked. Bitcoin isn't like this at all.

Escrow services and a nice mobile thin client are on my list.  I'm also playing around with namecoin which needs a nice GUI so less-technical people can be their own registrar.

thefiatfreezone (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 10:48:30 PM

I'm confused to. How does counterfeit currency make anyhting easy? Printing dollars is hard and illegal and the person you pay is tricked. Bitcoin isn't like this at all.

Sorry, but I do not concern myself with legal as I do not associate myself with criminal gangs (bank, governments) counterfeiting paper to steal property and value ... I only conform to lawful.
But still, thank you for the concern, thou incorrect.

Escrow services and a nice mobile thin client are on my list.  I'm also playing around with namecoin which needs a nice GUI so less-technical people can be their own registrar.

I have escrow abilities on my site already, thou currently disabled, but I thought there were a ton of 'trusted' escrows out there as it is?  Why re-invent the wheel?

As for GUIs, I have no issues with them as my site deals with that fast and easy.  Thou to make it look aesthetically pleasing .... Huh hmmm .. not so easy for me.
thefiatfreezone (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 10:52:07 PM

also, I am not exactly 'trusted' in any community, so a service of trust like escrows is kinda difficult or off the table all together for me.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 11:21:43 PM

also, I am not exactly 'trusted' in any community, so a service of trust like escrows is kinda difficult or off the table all together for me.

You, and basically everyone else. 3rd party escrow requires a level of trust and centralization that run afoul of the purpose of the currency. There is not one single 'trusted' escrow service out there.

What counterfeiting are you talking about? Actually, what are you talking about in general? You do not concern yourself with legal as you do not associate yourself with 'criminal gangs (bank, governments)'? Unfortunately, you cannot disassociate yourself with an institution that you are actively participating in. You only conform to lawful...which is what exactly? Laws are put in place by the government...

Lastly, I hate to be a grammar nazi, but 'thou' is an archaic second person pronoun...the word you are looking for is 'though'.

And what do you mean by 'you people'? Did you run this through google translate or something? Cause you sound incredibly condescending or seventeen-in-your-parents-basement...I can't tell which...
thefiatfreezone (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 11:38:55 PM

What counterfeiting are you talking about? Actually, what are you talking about in general? You do not concern yourself with legal as you do not associate yourself with 'criminal gangs (bank, governments)'? Unfortunately, you cannot disassociate yourself with an institution that you are actively participating in. You only conform to lawful...which is what exactly? Laws are put in place by the government...

oh ya .. not a big thing.  I was just referring to the fact that no government is lawful and hence all criminal ... big whoop.

Laws are put in place by the government...

Sorry, but wrong, laws are the fundamental rights and freedoms of a nation.  the 'Rules of Law' are the legalities that define the boundaries of law.  If any 'Rules of Law' (legality) violates or restricts said law in any degree, then the legality (rule) is invalid -> void.   Any governing body which enforces said invalid 'rule' is immediately invalid -> unlawful -> corrupt and criminal as the means of enforcing said invalid law is by terror, physical force and violence. 
Plus, 'ACTS' are not laws, they only have to force of law given CONSENT of the governed, not the governing body.  Valid rules of law are dictated by the peoples of said nation, hence voting
If a 'party' is voted into government for their stated agenda, then alter said agenda once in office, they are immediately null -> void and criminal as they have lawfully lied to the peoples about their purpose.
So there is not requirement to follow or obey such governing bodies.

but who really cares, apparently no one ... so NEXT Smiley

Lastly, I hate to be a grammar nazi, but 'thou' is an archaic second person pronoun...the word you are looking for is 'though'.

And what do you mean by 'you people'? Did you run this through google translate or something? Cause you sound incredibly condescending or seventeen-in-your-parents-basement...I can't tell which...

As for my grammer .... I am actually ashamed to say .... mine SUCKS .. but I'm working on it.
Sorry
thefiatfreezone (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 11:43:23 PM

The point still remains, I would like some help figuring out what services to create for you all, and no there is condescending meanings as the service is not for me, it would be for you all.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 11:52:35 PM

The point still remains, I would like some help figuring out what services to create for you all, and no there is condescending meanings as the service is not for me, it would be for you all.

hang around, you will have your eureka moment for sure

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
thefiatfreezone (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 11:58:17 PM

My deepest apologies, my spelling and grammar today sucks badly.
RandyFolds

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 11:59:07 PM

We want services from the community, not someone from the outside with no skin in the game merely using it to profit.

Have you taken a look at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade ? I don't know that the list is well maintained, but it should give you a good start as to what is out there and where you could find a niche.

As far as laws being "the fundamental rights and freedoms of a nation"...government defines nations, and rights are not laws, they are completely subjective community standards. Either way, in the majority of the US, the age of consent is 16. If I found a grown man banging my 16-year-old daughter, I would fucking castrate him with my teeth. So is banging 16-year-olds government law, or societal law, or just a right?

Anyways, good luck with the whole 'sovereign citizen' thing.
thefiatfreezone (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 12:19:17 AM

We want services from the community, not someone from the outside with no skin in the game merely using it to profit.

ok ... confused again Huh??
If you don't use a currency for profit ... to live and buy things .... then wtf is it for?Huh?

Have you taken a look at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade ? I don't know that the list is well maintained, but it should give you a good start as to what is out there and where you could find a niche.

Thank you for the suggestion, I think they have created some fantastic things, but I am not them.  The only "skills" I poses are software architectural engineering, design and development,  however, this is like a geek/need forum .. so I'm not exactly alone.  Unfortunately the skills alone mean little without the creativity to back them. Sad

As far as laws being "the fundamental rights and freedoms of a nation"...government defines nations, and rights are not laws, they are completely subjective community standards.

I am referring to 'Common Law Rule' nations only.  As far a "laws" being subjective to community standards within a CLR nation, no they are not .. no rule of law may violate the fundamental laws themselves, nor may any sub-community create or enforce any 'rules' which violate said laws.

but once again .... who cares ... why are we talking about this?Huh next .. there are more important (and interesting) bitcoin sorta things to talk about here.

Anyways, good luck with the whole 'sovereign citizen' thing.

Huh uhhh ?? ok ....?!?!?
RandyFolds

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 12:24:46 AM

What are 'Common Law Rule' nations? Somalia?
thefiatfreezone (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 12:29:24 AM

This may be a shitty statement, it's not meant to be, but why are you still on this Huh? I'm looking for bitcoin service Ideas ..HuhHuh not a discussion on poli-tics?  just want people want, what can I make for you? how can I be of services?
RandyFolds

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 12:45:38 AM

This may be a shitty statement, it's not meant to be, but why are you still on this Huh? I'm looking for bitcoin service Ideas ..HuhHuh not a discussion on poli-tics?  just want people want, what can I make for you? how can I be of services?

This may be a shitty statement, but coming onto the forums, ranting about how the government is criminal and asking people to do your work for you is not very productive. I am not trying to rag on you, it is just that you need to spend some time as a member of the community and interact with 'those people', not just demand that they hand you an idea to profit from.

If you think bitcoin should be used as a day to day currency (which a lot of people will disagree with...why reinvent the wheel?) then go spend your time trying to get local merchants to accept bitcoin. If you want to fill a niche, find one. Whatever service you create, I probably won't use, as you 'do not concern yourself with legal[ity]'.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 12:50:41 AM

Am I the only one thinking that this thread, apart from being a typographical catastrophe, doesn't make a lot of sense?

Bitcoin is a medium of exchange like any other, just a bit better. People will pay BTC if something they want is offered. This can be a piece of art, software, information, goods and services, anything nice or useful. So the question of what I would want has thousands of answers; the interesting thing to ask is what can you offer?

I don't see what is so confusing about this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: