Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 06:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Error using 10.9.2 open in console terminate  (Read 1517 times)
pdxblack (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:31:01 PM

I can not open electrum it just gives me an option to open in console or terminate I have my private keys backed up as well as the seed.  I have tried redownloading and installing but I get the same result.  please help
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:03:46 AM

Am I to understand you are on OS X 10.9.2? When you say 'installing' what do you mean with that?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
pdxblack (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:26:09 AM

I guess what I mean by installing is that I have tried redowbloading and unzipping the the executable file on the web page.  And I have tried to do it the way it describes from source using homebrew but cant get past install Electrum-Version.Zip. Her is the error I recieve  A python runtime could not be located you may need to install a framework build of python or edit the pyruntimelocations array in the applicaTIONS info.plist file.  The only thing I did that I think may have caused this is I exported my private keys to a thimb drive I am a noob kinda and I thoughht I was backing them up. Now I have since downloaded 1.9.8.2 and 1.9.8.3 and 1.9.8.zip and can get none to work.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 08:50:32 AM

Just to confirm; you are downloading this binary?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
pdxblack (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:52:44 PM

yes
pdxblack (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:34:10 AM

I have my seed and private keys is there any way I can get the coins out f my wallet?  I m dying here with no support.  kind of a bummer this is costing me 3500.00$ if i don't get this back and its not like i can g to best buy
dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:03:19 AM

I have my seed and private keys is there any way I can get the coins out f my wallet?  I m dying here with no support.  kind of a bummer this is costing me 3500.00$ if i don't get this back and its not like i can g to best buy

Open your wallet file and find the 'seed' object and 'imported_keys' object if you have any.

Copy them all separately into a new txt file for easy access (separate with line breaks for ease of understanding)

Start up a python console

Use base64.b64decode() on each value you copied from your wallet, then copy those outputs somewhere.

Use python's built in Hash() function (NOT hashlib) on your wallet password and copy the hash that is created by your password.

Download aes, or pull the folder from the electrum installation.

Use the decryptData() function with the first arg being the hash of your password, and the second arg being the b64decoded value for one of the things u want to decrypt.

The output will be your unencrypted seed or imported private key.

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
pdxblack (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:00:24 AM

I don't know where my wallet file is?  If I had a starting poiht?  it would help.  Where are all the files?  I can't find any files relating to Electrum. or than in preferences the org.pyElectrum.plist......I found that in the preferences pane.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 08:56:16 AM

Your wallet should be in ~/.electrum/wallets (that is /Users/YOURUSERNAME/.electrum/wallets)

pdxblack (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:18:51 AM

says no such file or directory  I used cd /Users/####/.electrum
bcs-MacBook-Air:~ beazy$ cd beazy/.electrum/wallets
-bash: cd: beazy/.electrum/wallets: No such file or directory
bcs-MacBook-Air:~ beazy$ cd /Users
bcs-MacBook-Air:Users beazy$ cd /Users/Beazy/.electrum
bcs-MacBook-Air:.electrum beazy$ cd /wallets
-bash: cd: /wallets: No such file or directory
bcs-MacBook-Air:.electrum beazy$ cd /.electrum/wallets
-bash: cd: /.electrum/wallets: No such file or directory
bcs-MacBook-Air:.electrum beazy$
bcs-MacBook-Air:.electrum beazy$ ls
blockchain_headers   config
certs         wallets
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:24:11 AM

I see wallets, please cd in there and ls.

pdxblack (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:41:47 AM

okay I found it and I actually opened it in my browser and it is actually displayed in my browser.   I have the whole wallet copied to a text file but i have no idea what to do from there and if i keep working on it im probably gonna figure it out by myself but I could use some help because electrum wont open on my computer even if i download a new copy of it.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:47:20 AM

Could you try running this command:

Code:
 /Applications/Electrum.app/Contents/MacOS/Electrum --verbose

Does that give you a different error?

pdxblack (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:58:29 AM

It displays all my addresses and the transactions and the histories.  I assume the transactions are the actual BTC that are in my wallet.  I dont see a total or a value obviously.  Id show you a screen shot but that would be like giving you my btcoins i think wouldnt it.  so how do I do this

raceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Electrum.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 316, in <module>
    _run()
  File "/Applications/Electrum.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 311, in _run
    exec(compile(source, path, 'exec'), globals(), globals())
  File "/Applications/Electrum.app/Contents/Resources/electrum.py", line 174, in <module>
    config = SimpleConfig(config_options)
  File "/Applications/Electrum.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/lib/simple_config.py", line 33, in __init__
    self.read_user_config()
  File "/Applications/Electrum.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/lib/simple_config.py", line 157, in read_user_config
    raise IOError("Cannot read config file.")
IOError: Cannot read config file.
2014-04-03 02:57:54.539 Electrum[1915:507] Electrum Error
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:00:36 AM

Looks like your config file might be bonkers.

Try doing this:

In the .electrum folder do mv config config.backup

And try my previous command again.

pdxblack (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:54:55 PM

That worked.  First try.  Thank you.  I was able to recover 5.29 BTC.  I shall send you a tip immediately.  I appreciate it.  I wasn't sure I would find help.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 08:16:24 AM

Glad you made it work Smiley

If you want to tip please donate a few Satoshi's to Sean's Outpost.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: