Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:49:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's that time of the year again - your favorite sites are asking for donations  (Read 863 times)
jwzguy (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 10:13:24 PM

I'm starting to see donation requests being made by several of the forums I used to be more active on, many of which I have donated to.

From now on I'm only making donations in BTC. I hope everyone will encourage their forums to accept them as well.
Spendbitcoins.com offers GoDaddy/Amazon/Newegg giftcodes, which happens to be the provider for some of the forums I use - so they don't have to worry about getting exchange accounts, faxing over their birth certificates and life history, etc. They can exchange BTC directly for hosting time and hardware.

If they happen to be using a different hosting provider, maybe get them to send a request to their provider to work with spendbitcoins.com.

I don't think this is unreasonable - it's your money they are asking for, and I can't imagine anyone being opposed to cutting out Visa or Paypal fees. Our economy may not be huge, but it's large enough to include ways to meet these guys' needs already, so let's start encouraging that they take advantage of that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 05:39:23 AM

Spendbitcoins.com offers GoDaddy/Amazon/Newegg giftcodes, which happens to be the provider for some of the forums I use - so they don't have to worry about getting exchange accounts, faxing over their birth certificates and life history, etc. They can exchange BTC directly for hosting time and hardware.

+1

Everyone should be able to accept bitcoins when they can easily spend them for practically anything on earth at http://spendbitcoins.com Smiley

NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 05:41:01 AM

I do exchanges for steam.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: