Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:12:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BUG!!! Multibit created a change address for my transactions, BUT NO PRIV KEY!  (Read 2559 times)
WetSeals (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:49:34 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 12:34:33 PM by WetSeals

Everytime I try to send my bitcoin from multibit, it says sent, but is not seen by any peers, so it sticks.  

I can reset the blockchain and transactions, and that erases the transaction, but when I try to send my bitcoins again, same thing, not seen by peers.  I am on a good internet connection, so confused.

I have over 500 addresses in my multibit wallet.  I also exported my private keys, and tried to import into blockchain.info wallet, and it gives me an error that says "Error Decrypting wallet, please ensure password is correct....however, I exported the .key file WITHOUT a password.

Help me get these coins off this crap multibit, please!
TheAwer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:05:32 AM

You read this?

https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_movingAWallet.html
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:12:05 AM

Yes, and I did that, no password, however, blockchain still thinks there is a password
TheAwer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:20:26 AM

Did you follow the instructions under the "Blockchain.info is giving me an 'Error decrypting' message" section?
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:26:06 AM

yes, i have 570+ addresses in multibit.  I went through them all, didnt get any results. 
TheAwer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:51:50 AM

I don't know then.  Good luck!
chronicaust

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:24:16 AM

I had 300 addresses and two of my addresses got lost in Multibit as well.  Well the addresses were there but not the transactions or the BTC.

So I exported the Private Keys to a file and I opened it in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.

That will list all your Private Keys...long list of all of them but won't associate them with the corresponding public key.

So from there, you just go to Blockchain.info and you import Private Key.  You copy and paste each individual Private Key from the list in Excel (or wherever you have the Multibit private key list opened) and you paste it into Blockchain.info and sweet that amount of BTC into your blockchain.info wallet.

You have do this for each one, one by one.  I did 300 of them and probably took me 20 minutes or so.  But that way, you will get all your bitcoin out of all those multibit addresses.

Good luck and hopefully it will work.
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:45:27 PM

More info:

My last good transaction was here:  https://blockchain.info/tx/a26245890834c2d628dfb7555b9ce8019d2b008e0a1fd616fc411ba9b58adb91

I sent .024, was fine.  Looks like it send the rest my btc with it to the 1Ad address....that address shows in my receive addresses in multibit.   However, when I eport my wallet, to .key, it loads all my addresses in my rec list, but the 1Ad does not import.....
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:10:36 PM

Do you have a firewall blocking port 80 or 8333?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:33:02 PM

Do you have a firewall blocking port 80 or 8333?

I tried to port forward on router, but when i check online port checkers, says both those are closed.
chronicaust

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:59:08 PM

More info:

My last good transaction was here:  https://blockchain.info/tx/a26245890834c2d628dfb7555b9ce8019d2b008e0a1fd616fc411ba9b58adb91

I sent .024, was fine.  Looks like it send the rest my btc with it to the 1Ad address....that address shows in my receive addresses in multibit.   However, when I eport my wallet, to .key, it loads all my addresses in my rec list, but the 1Ad does not import.....

What do you mean 1Ad doesn't import...import into where?   Do you mean it doesn't export from Multibit into the .key file...that it isn't in your list of private keys.  If you have 570 of them, then you could have missed it somehow.

It should be in there and then you should be able to follow my directions above to recover the BTC at that address.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:43:46 PM

More info:

What do you mean 1Ad doesn't import...import into where?   Do you mean it doesn't export from Multibit into the .key file...that it isn't in your list of private keys.  If you have 570 of them, then you could have missed it somehow.

It should be in there and then you should be able to follow my directions above to recover the BTC at that address.

The address where the change was sent is listed in the "request" tab in the original Multibit wallet file. That address is not included in the private keys exported by Multibit.

The private keys to that address simply aren't there. There is 0 possibility that I missed it as I cut the keys from excel file and pasted them into a new key file. All of the keys in the file have been accounted for. I've exported the keys to the original wallet several times and opened them in parallel in excel to confirm the entries are identical.

What could cause Multibit to skip the keys for a change address? I've never seen anything like this either...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:18:53 PM

More info:

The address where the change was sent is listed in the "request" tab in the original Multibit wallet file. That address is not included in the private keys exported by Multibit.

The private keys to that address simply aren't there. There is 0 possibility that I missed it as I cut the keys from excel file and pasted them into a new key file. All of the keys in the file have been accounted for. I've exported the keys to the original wallet several times and opened them in parallel in excel to confirm the entries are identical.

What could cause Multibit to skip the keys for a change address? I've never seen anything like this either...

Thank you for trying.  There is obviously a flaw in the multibit wallet, for it not to give me the private key of the change address.....EVERY OTHER private key is there, but that one.

I am pretty upset that the multibut dev just totally blew me off.  This is a lot of money for me.  .49 may not be a ton for others, but it is for me.  It's not a corruption on my end, there is an issue with multibit itself.  More than one person has looked at this with me, its not my machine.

MULTIBIT DEV JIM....PLEASE LOOK AT THIS, AND SEE IF THERE IS SOME WAY YOU CAN HELP ME RECOVER THIS.  OR HELP MAKE ME RIGHT......
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:33:30 PM

Bump, and title changed, trying to get Jim, the Dev, to look at this obvious bug in Multibit, before more people get screwed.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:18:54 AM

Have you already sent a PM to Jim?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:15:42 AM

Have you already sent a PM to Jim?

Yup. Canned response, and blown off.
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:13:15 PM

Daily bump until Dev Jim resolves this. 
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:08:29 AM

If he can't check his PMs, then he is less likely to check the forum. Just saying.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:13:25 AM

If he can't check his PMs, then he is less likely to check the forum. Just saying.

He checked his PMs, and he messaged me a canned response.  He sees this.
WetSeals (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:25:50 PM

Bumpy, for not using multibit until the Dev mans up and helps me with this obvious bug.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: