Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:55:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: South Park: A Bitcoin episode entitled "The Good Coin"  (Read 13149 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 03:08:19 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2011, 04:19:48 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Attention creators of South Park: Steal this idea!

No, there's not a real South Park episode in the works, as far as we know, but if there were, what would it look like? I'll offer up my idea, whereupon you're more than welcome to add to it.

Synopsis (subject to changes--and has been):

The boys see that Chef's old home is going up for sale, and his relatives have placed all his recipes to the curb. Upon going through the pile, a white paper sticks out like a sore thumb (all the other papers are gray). Stan keeps it and brings it home. His dad, Randy, finds the paper and proceeds to build the world's largest Bitcoin steampunk mining rig. Others in South Park start building their own rigs as well, realizing that they, too, can create their own money. Darryl Nathan Weathers tries to form the BMU (Bitcoin Miners Union). Meanwhile, the three boys, sans Cartman, start bitcoin.org and maintain a forum on the internet. Cartman tries to disrupt their endeavor my creating 221 different accounts on their forum. They continue to have trouble with Cartman's accounts, though, wondering how to handle that delicate situation, since Cartman is currently on medication. Bebe Stevens shows a liking toward Erik Cartman, but he doesn't have time for girls. To busy maintaining 221 user accounts on the Bitcoin furum, then forks off to several other forums. Tweek Tweak starts selling coffee on the internet, but only accepts Bitcoin. Token Black posts videos on YouTube teaching the viewers about Bitcoin. Dr. Alphonse Mephisto is the main spokesperson for Bitcoin. Towelie is the main seller on Silk Road, selling stuff you normally buy in back alleys. Gerald Broflovski is the lawyer trying to figure out if this is even legal. Father Maxi notices that attendance has been low lately, finds out why, then informs the flock that the Church will start accepting Bitcoin, skimming a few from the coffer and becoming Towelie's main customer. A TV show about Bitcoin airs daily, hosted by two guys (any suggestions), who've attended Father Mazi's church since lads, don't know much about Bitcoin, or even care, for they're only doing the show for the profit potential. Then their wallet is stolen, so they orchestrate the first Bitcoin convention. The community watches from the sidelines waiting for the Big Announcement to come out of the convention. Toward the end of the episode, Stephen Stotch just returned from his trip to Pattaya and can't believe what is all going on in South Park since his departure one year earlier.

The list of characters:

Chef = Satoshi Nakamoto

Dr. Alphonse Mephisto = Gavin Andresen

Eric Cartman = Atlas Apllo

Bebe Stevens = Shows interest in Eric, but he would rather be on the forums than start dating.

Tweek Tweak = BethBrew Owner

Token Black = Creates PryorCoin. (EDITED)

Randy Marsh = Builds the worlds largest BethCoin mining rig in a steampunk design.

Darryl Nathan Weathers = Tries to form a BethCoin miners union.

Max Keiser = Plays himself.

Gerald Broflovski = Lawyer
Steve Black = Lawyer

Renée-Jean-Pierre-de-Funès- Elisa-Rachel-Viollet-le-Duc-Yves-Cousteau = French Judge (new character)

Stephen Stotch = Went on vacation/conference to Papaya, Asia.

Mr. Slave & Big Gay Al = Hosts of the daily The BethCoin Show and the weekly El BethCoin en GooBack.

Mr. Hankey = Spreads cheer on the project as it progresses. (EDITED: no longer a troll)

Towelie = User name of a major seller on Tapestry Road.

Father Maxi = First ever to accept BethCoin (Catholic Church collection plate) and Towelie's #1 customer.

BwthCoin.org creaters and maintains the BethCoin Forum:

Mayor McDaniels = theymos Admin

Kenny McCormick = Moderator

Stan Marsh = Moderator

Kyle Broflovski = Moderator

~.~~~~~~~~

There you have. Now feel free to add to it, or change it for the better. Here's hoping you enjoy this thread.

~Bruno~
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 03:21:09 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2011, 03:59:27 AM by cbeast

Aw c'mon! Mr Hankey is not a troll, he is the spirit of xmas. He is full of cheer and joy. But he only comes once a year, so he must be an old guy.  Wink

Bitcoin, Cartman, Professor Chaos... mind dizzying fun!

[editing to reduce posting space]

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 03:37:08 AM

Aw c'mon! Mr Hankey is not a troll, he is the spirit of xmas. He is full of cheer and joy. But he only comes once a year, so he must be an old guy.  Wink

Good point. I was thinking poo = SA, and tossed in troll for good measure. Need a better choice here, if even that character is warranted.

Besides that, what did you think of the story line?
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 03:40:53 AM

Didn't appreciate the "token black-guy" assessment of davincij15...
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 03:42:10 AM

Probably not the best episode to compare this too, but generally the same idea?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e08-make-love-not-warcraft

Sannyasi

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 03:50:35 AM

towlie must not be a troll.... he's probably the first 'being' in south park to not be a troll..... he just gets people hi and doesn't care about trolling

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 03:56:03 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2011, 08:21:32 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Didn't appreciate the "token black-guy" assessment of davincij15...

In no way was my suggestion meant to be ill received. I do believe that having Token Black play a key role here is important in showing Bitcoin having no boundaries. Perhaps another character is warranted. Suggestions?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_students_at_South_Park_Elementary#Token_Black

Token Black
"Token Black" redirects here. For the general use of a black token character, see Tokenism.
Token Black (previously Williams) is the only black child in South Park.[16] His name is a reference to tokenism.[34][35] The name has been interpreted as an example of the anti-political correctness attitude of South Park[16] and as an implication that the tokenism phenomenon is outmoded enough to be a laughing matter.[35] Despite the role that his name implies, Token will sometimes play a significant part in an episode, and has been a recurring character since his first major role in the season four (2000) episode "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000". His next came in the season five (2001) episode "Here Comes the Neighborhood", where he is picked on for being rich. He invites several other wealthy families to move to South Park (who all happen to be black), leading the townspeople to refer to them as "richers".
Episodes in which he plays a major role often address ethnicity-related topics. In "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000", he declares hate crime legislation to be "a savage hypocrisy".[36] In the season 11 (2007) episode "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson", Stan is perplexed by Token's rebuffs of his attempts to make amends with Token after Stan's father reluctantly exclaimed "niggers" when attempting to solve a puzzle as a contestant during a live taping of Wheel of Fortune. When Stan has an epiphany, he tells Token "I've been trying to say that I understand how you feel, but I'll never understand. I'll never really get how it feels for a black person to [hear] somebody use the N-word", to which Token accepts Stan's apology by saying "Now you get it".[37]
Parker and Stone had originally taken turns providing their voices for the few lines Token had as a minor character.[38] Token is now voiced by South Park art director and co-producer Adrien Beard.[39] When trying to find a new voice actor for Token during production of "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000", Parker said he recruited Beard "because he was the only black guy we had in our building at the time".[40]

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 04:09:23 AM

towlie must not be a troll.... he's probably the first 'being' in south park to not be a troll..... he just gets people hi and doesn't care about trolling

Hence Towelie being a major seller on Silk Road. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDKG2R2YkOg
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 04:22:20 AM

Probably not the best episode to compare this too, but generally the same idea?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e08-make-love-not-warcraft

Just watched half of it. It looks like the bad guy is RandyFolds.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 05:46:10 AM

Simply awesome!   Grin
I'd love to see it on my screen.  Wink

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 06:26:43 AM

Simply awesome!   Grin
I'd love to see it on my screen.  Wink

Glad you like it. I am having a problem as to what would represent the Communion table in Father Maxi's Church. Any suggestions? I do have a certain table in mind.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 07:00:30 AM

Ahh, fanfiction.  Is there a nobler form of art?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 07:02:53 AM

My Timmy impression is spot on.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 05:08:52 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2011, 05:21:34 PM by mc_lovin

Using Flash I'm sure we could put together a South Park episode!  I got really excited when I saw the thread title...  That would REALLY boost bitcoin exposure!

Suggestions:
Satoshi Nakamoto is not Chef but GOD!

Theymos is Mayor McDaniels

SilkRoad is Towlie

Bill Cosby (a 'la CosbyCoin) is Saddam Hussein

Can I be Terrance/Phillip/Ike since I'm Canadian?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 05:39:12 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 01:07:55 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Most every member here has a Timmy impression that is spot on.  Speaking of him, every 3.1415... minutes when a new block of (some number besides 50) is found, a Timmy-like-impression-noise gurgles from ALL the mining rigs at the same time. Going to change this to a Booya! sound (voice over by none other than Jim Cramer, with Mad Money) I'll create another spot for Timmy and Jimmy.

Modifications:

In the Off-White Paper, it states Chef named the crypto-currency BethCoin, after his eleventh true love--Beth Anne Konig.

Somewhere at the beginning of the episode, Stephen Stotch tells his wife, Linda, that he is going to Papaya, either for a vacation or to tend a work related conference. A scene shows Stephen boarding the plane with other similarly dressed American men and one Canadian with the letter P on the front of his shirt, all within the same age bracket and carrying oversize briefcases, with his clearly showing the name Christine on the luggage tag.

At the end of the episode, Stephen returns to South Park looking exactly the same as when he left with the exception of having a somewhat glowing tan and donning a pair of scarlet satin stiletto heeled shoes encrusted with matching rhinestones (think Marilyn Monroe).

Upon seeing all the commotion, he yells, "W-T-F!", whereupon the whole town stops what they're doing and, in silence, stare at Stephen, either in awe of his appearance or having that shocked looked one has when caught doing something wrong--or both. Then the words, "To be continued." appear on the screen, thus showing South Park's first ever end-of-the-season cliff hanger without the creators of SP advertising that this would be the case. During the hiatus, the creators of SP start a real-world media blitz, marketing Part II. Part II starts off with, "Previously, on South Park..." then for the next 23? minutes reply Part I in its entirety but with with subtle scene changes throughout. At the end, Stephen is seen returning to South Park exactly as described above, uttering the same words (letters), but this time his son, Butters, simply says, "Hey, Dad!" The End.

Token Black, revisited: Token Black, being the smartest and richest kid in school, creates the PryorCoin to compete with the BethCoin. His father, Steve, is seen with Gerald Broflovski--both lawyers--in a court room with Renée-Jean-Pierre-de-Funès- Elisa-Rachel-Viollet-le-Duc-Yves-Cousteau, a French Judge, presiding. They're defending Mt.Doxx, a BethCoin exchange, presenting evidence that BethCoin is and is not real money. Their star witness is Marie Black, Steve's wife (Token's mother) and a Chemist, testifies by showing an Off-White Paper of her own, diagramming the Caucasian Coin, a physical coin, she's has almost perfected, constructed with rare-earth metals and DNA extracted from a Meth Hookah, supposedly previously owned by Richard Pryor which she purchased off Tapestry Road.

Craig Tucker's Goons, sans Tweek and Token, are the destructive members on the BethCoin Rap forum. They decided to do this because everybody else in town is busy with BethCoin but them, leaving nothing better to do. They even post remarks about BethCoin on their CTG forum (think SA).

Sponsors of the BethCoin Show and El BethCoin en Gooback are Mt.Doxx, the main BethCoin exchange, and Casa Bonita, home of Gooback's favorite dish--Chapulines.

(more to come) (add your suggestions as well) (if nothing else, together we'll pen the best South Park episode that never aired)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 05:47:26 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 12:44:31 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Using Flash I'm sure we could put together a South Park episode!  I got really excited when I saw the thread title...  That would REALLY boost bitcoin exposure!

Suggestions:
Satoshi Nakamoto is not Chef but GOD!

Theymos is Mayor McDaniels

SilkRoad is Towlie

Bill Cosby (a 'la CosbyCoin) is Saddam Hussein

Can I be Terrance/Phillip/Ike since I'm Canadian?

Only if I can be Officer Barbrady.  Wink

I'm thinking CosbyCoin being represented by PryorCoin created by Token Black.

Towelie as the number seller on Tapestry Road (Silk Road)

I like your Theymos idea.

Your Satoshi Nakamoto as God is not a bad idea, but I was hoping of bringing Chef into play as part of all this. Got it! Chef is God!!!
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 06:06:54 PM

Most every member here has a Timmy impression that is spot on.

This truly doesn't surprise me.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 06:21:53 PM

Here's a video having members using their finest Timmy impression for one of Matthew's upcoming shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8KZEyrtjU
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 06:27:18 PM

Here's a video having members using their finest Timmy impression for one of Matthew's upcoming shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8KZEyrtjU

Haha I assume their Ned is spot on as well?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 08:09:51 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 12:47:59 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Kenny is killed by a BethCoin mining accident.

Upon Randy Marsh finding the Off-White Paper (OWP) on the coffee table (an exact copy is used as a Communion table in Father Maxi's church) left by his son, Stan, he sparks an idea and shares it with his wife, Sharon, outlining how they're finally going to become rich and he'll no longer need to slave as a geologist. After one quick glance of the OWP, Sharon bursts his bubble stating that the electric cost would eat up all the profits. Randy looks sad. But in the very next scene, he's happily building his version of a BethCoin mining rig--the world's largest--in a Steampunk fashion, on the grounds of the geology lab of where he's employed, taking full advantage of the free electricity. When his coworker sees this, he remarks, "You're not going to die in this game like you did in War of Warcraft, are you, Randy?" Randy retorts, "This is not a game, Nelson!"

Kenny, Stan and Kyle recruit Mayor McDaniels to help bring sanity back to their BethCoin Rap forum. Once Mayor McDaniels has posted his first 100 posts and has been logged in for five weeks, he's no longer considered a newbie, cementing his new admin position. His first task at hand is to start banning Cartman's 221, and counting, user accounts. This, of course, uses up all his time, taking away from his mayoral duties of running South Park.

Immediately after the airing of every episode of The BethCoin Show and El BethCoin en Gooback, BethCoin loses value, of which is always looked upon as good news because BethCoin is still worth more than it did when it was first introduced. There are billboards placed all over South Park depicting the two hosts of the show, sitting closely together, with the caption 'Up Up Up'.

All of Cartman's user names are of mythical Gods, with Apollo being what he is referred to the most. Upon learning this, Bebe Stevens dresses up as Aphrodite, trying to persuade Cartman into finally recognizing her. Seeing that he still doesn't, she leaves his room. Cartman gets a strange sensation inside, then proceeds to follow her down the hall, down the stairs, until she reaches the front door, but Cartman turns and goes to the refrigerator, finding something to eat which then settles his insides. Note: All the labels on all the food in the fridge has the word 'Value' written on them.

(I've yet to read that this is a stupid idea!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: