Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:54:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: South Park: A Bitcoin episode entitled "The Good Coin"  (Read 13145 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 08:10:38 PM

Keep your suggestions coming!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 08:31:59 PM

Oh my god, you've killed Kenny - (Realsolid?)

I like how Mr RandyFolds gets the special mention for the WoW episode.  Plus, steampunk mining rigs - might have to design one of those.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 08:42:05 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 01:31:30 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

The two hosts of The BethCoin Show and El BethCoin en GooBack have their BethCoin stolen from their YourBethCoin account. They still proceed with the BethCoin Expo, promising a major announcement will be made during the conference. The BethCoin community is highly upset when they hear that the next convention will be held in Amsterdam, thanks to the all the effort put in by Towelie. They all were hoping for Papaya.

Officer Barbrady is put in charge of finding the stolen BethCoin, using Google as his only investigational tool. He finally concludes that it had to be Ted Williams, a renown South Park panhandler. He even offers up proof in the form of a flowchart showing all the links erroneously pointing toward Ted Williams submitted, anonymously, by a BethCoin Rap user, iAINTright, currently hiding living in South Korea.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 08:44:29 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 01:32:23 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Oh my god, you've killed Kenny - (Realsolid?)

I like how Mr RandyFolds gets the special mention for the WoW episode.  Plus, steampunk mining rigs - might have to design one of those.

I'm glad your enjoying this thread. With a little more help, this episode would be AWESOME!

Underneath each billboard (mentioned earlier) are a herd of tailless My Little Pony grazing on grass dirt.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 02:18:05 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 01:34:53 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

The two hosts of The BethCoin Show and El BethCoin en Gooback interview two members of BethCoin Rap, Apollo and Aetna, of which are the same person, Cartman, but even when Aetna's voice is disguised, there's no mistaken who she is.

Tweek Tweak, along with his parents, introduce BethBrew as the first product sold online that accepts BethCoin. He was almost abducted for the second time in his life after appearing on The BethCoin Show to promote BethBrew.

Craig Tucker's Goons and others from the CTG forum, are blamed for hacking into BethCoin Rap and changing all the images and text to PryorCoin.

Officer Barbrady is also investigating the sources of those who keep putting BethCoin into StillInVane's account, currently at 50,000 BethCoin and climbing. The latest update he offers is the same flowchart used in the YourBethCoin investigation, pointing toward Ted Williams as one of the main contributors.

Terrance and Phillip perform at the BethCoin Expo. Terrance, who has been seen fat a few times, now suffers from anorexia, while Phillip is overweight.

When exchanging BethCoin in public, you recognize other Bethcoiners by them wearing an orange parka, and ask them, "Do you want to see the sunrise?" of which the answer is always a stern 'No!, then you proceed to buy or sell BethCoin. Jimbo Kern is the only orange parka wearer that always answers with a joyous 'Yes!', thus having the questioner end the conversation. His home is raided by the TSA after booking a flight online to participate in his yearly hunting trip for The Furry Fox in Romania. They search his basement for an unauthorized BethCoin mining rig, but only find it full of medical marijuana and a tailless, one-eye, three legged dog named Vick. After holding and questioning Jimbo during the duration of The Furry Fox hunting season in Romania, they tell Jimbo to enjoy his flight.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:02:18 AM

My goodness. I was so busy mocking the_joint that I missed all this action!
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:04:46 AM

Randy, seriously, how many threads do you want about this situation?
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:12:41 AM

you were asked several times to let it go in that thread, you didn't,  don't expect others to let it go either.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:13:15 AM

None.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:17:35 AM

you were asked several times to let it go in that thread, you didn't,  don't expect others to let it go either.

I explained and made it clear from the beginning that I wouldn't.  I'm surprised others haven't either since it's the crux of their "stop whining" argument.

I'm just waiting for someone to set the good example that they are preaching to me.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:19:53 AM

None.

In a surreal twist, building on the WoW episode ("they must have NO LIFE") and the zero-point of the small community, the end of the show could demonstrate there is actually only one person involved, just highly split personality feeding on their own posts. - i.e. a nice reference to the small community here that knows what's going on.

end scene - all sucked into a black hole
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:21:18 AM

None.

In a surreal twist, building on the WoW episode ("they must have NO LIFE") and the zero-point of the small community, the end of the show could demonstrate there is actually only one person involved, just highly split personality feeding on their own posts. - i.e. a nice reference to the small community here that knows what's going on.

Man...there really IS no such thing as bad publicity, is there?
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:28:44 AM

No

and there is always someone watching
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:30:59 AM

No

Can't wait to see how that episode turns out.  By all means, I encourage its development.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 03:43:23 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 01:36:34 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

No

Can't wait to see how that episode turns out.  By all means, I encourage its development.

Thanks, the joint.

None.

Needs work, PH, but has promise.

As far as the following, it sparked more material for this episode, offered up at the end of the quoted posts. (special request for the mods--don't delete any off topic remarks in this thread, for they're needed for episode development.

None.

I explained and made it clear from the beginning that I wouldn't.  I'm surprised others haven't either since it's the crux of their "stop whining" argument.

I'm just waiting for someone to set the good example that they are preaching to me.

None.

No

The women of South Park discover that BethCoin Rap is an excellent place to post their gossip, upcoming events, family photos, etc., further making Kenny, Stan, and Kyle's job of maintaining the forum that much more difficult, hence recruiting theymos Mayor McDaniels for help in cleaning up their BBS. First, he has to go through the Newbie ritual of first penning 100 posts and be logged in for 5 weeks before he can be fairly promoted to Admin.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 04:06:23 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2011, 12:40:40 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

None.

The black hole idea:

As more and more rigs are brought online, the creature within starts taking on a life form, and looks for a way out. At the end of the episode, an adult alpaca is born, and starts grassing on dirt with the herd of tailless My Little Pony under a dilapidated billboard.

Only one person:

Once Mayor McDaniels bans Apollo's last user name, all activity on BethCoin Rap ceases. This coincides with the last broadcasts of The BethCoin Show and El BethCoin en Gooback, whereupon Bethcoin begins to rise, creating a new concern that nobody would want to use BethCoin if it's worth more than WoW gold.

At the BethBrew coffee shop, Tweek Tweak's parents, Richard and Cindy, are constantly changing the prices of the products on the shelves to keep up with the price fluctuation of BethCoin. They show no fatigue in constantly doing this because, well, they drink a lot of their product.

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 06:06:49 PM

This thread tells me I need to watch more Southpark.

The "creature within" makes me think of "Lawnmower Man".  Could we have the mining rigs use dial-up modems? 
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 07:17:48 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2011, 12:34:01 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

This thread tells me I need to watch more Southpark.

The "creature within" makes me think of "Lawnmower Man".  Could we have the mining rigs use dial-up modems?  

Dial-up modems? Hmmm! What if all the rigs were hooked up with length of strings and tin cans attached to each end so that they can communicate with each other. Or, at the very least, this:

Now you got me thinking of a decentralized central control center. The place where geeks calculate the next difficulty level with the use of slide rules.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 07:21:11 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2011, 12:34:51 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Besides being played by RandyFolds, what was this character's name?

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 02:19:15 AM

The "creature within" makes me think of "Lawnmower Man".  Could we have the mining rigs use dial-up modems?  

I pictured Trapper-Keeper!

Another offshoot...
Maybe a guest appearance by Minertron, the evil commander of the Decepti-bit mining pool played by none other than Tycho himself?

There could be a whole season of material in these here fora! Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: