Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 04:39:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay DELETED my auction for Avalon Miners because I accept Bitcoin!  (Read 3569 times)
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:37:04 AM

The real reason why they hate bitcoin is probably because you won't get dinged with the hefty Paypal fees. They even fee you for shipping costs!!

When eBay was just starting, the reason why I joined them is because they would accept transactions in cash, or check, or credit card... Seems things have changed now. If I were looking for a bidding website today I would not join eBay, based on the very reason why I joined them back when.
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:06:10 PM

When eBay was just starting, the reason why I joined them is because they would accept transactions in cash, or check, or credit card... Seems things have changed now. If I were looking for a bidding website today I would not join eBay, based on the very reason why I joined them back when.

All those forms of payment are still acceptable, it is a matter of merchant choice.
Some merchants are paypal only, others will accept cash/checks via mail.

I personally would never accept snail mail payments.
I would never accept a check either.
I would accept a large bag of pennies before I would accept a check.
Why people keep using them is beyond me.
ryanmnercer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:24:43 PM

All those forms of payment are still acceptable, it is a matter of merchant choice.
Some merchants are paypal only, others will accept cash/checks via mail.

I personally would never accept snail mail payments.
I would never accept a check either.
I would accept a large bag of pennies before I would accept a check.
Why people keep using them is beyond me.

Why people would send a stranger a check is beyond me (or use them at all for that matter)... giving them your routing number and account number.... not smart in the 21st century.

Buy peptides with BTC
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:10:43 AM

ebay and paypal froze my accounts because i sold bitcoins.

That has happened to a lot of people in past. They're OK if you are selling mining equipments and accessories, but you can't sell Bitcoins.
And you have to use one of their specified payment methods.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:22:33 AM

Plan B: someone creates bbay!

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
vnvizow

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:26:31 AM

Same issues with Amazon as well, they're not tolerant towards Bitcoin. Just read the terms and conditions for once, you'll see why
romang

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:31:14 AM

ebay and paypal froze my accounts because i sold bitcoins.

My acount never got frozed I guess I was lucky but I have since stoped

mktrader

Activity: 84

Hello World!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:41:36 AM

Ebay owns paypal and that says it all.

Conventional payment processors are deeply terrified by the phenomenal popularity and usability of Bitcoin.

Price Poll: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555609
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:58:18 AM

Ebay owns paypal and that says it all.

Conventional payment processors are deeply terrified by the phenomenal popularity and usability of Bitcoin.
Only question is when they will realize that banning members is not going to help because the alternate market is already shaping up well which accepts Bitcoins with a smile..!

evoked22

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:37:23 AM

ebay + paypal = mafia based organisations.

I have lost over 5K to them over the last 6 months because of cryptos. They make up rules for themselves and just DO NOT CARE about the seller or anything that has to do with btc/cryptos.

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:54:09 AM

I had a similar problem, already complained in the german section. Apparently they
have a filter which checks for "Bitcoin", "BTC" etc. My auction was not terminated,
but I got an error message when trying to start one with one of these buzzwords.
Even "B*T*C" was filtered..
Also they started to filter email-addresses from messages within the ebay messaging
system. This is really getting ridiculous.

Once upon a time, security for ebay auctions was managed via the rating system.
If I pay x$ to someone with 80% positive ratings, no matter which payment method,
I knew that I take a considerable risk. Now ebay took over the job of providing security
for buyers, and what a funny coincidence that this means paypal almost exclusively
and thereby fees for ebay/paypal. I liked the old system better. Plus: I hate paypal from the
deepest of my heart. I will really search for alternatives for ebay..
jesse11

Activity: 333

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:58:00 AM

Industro, Don't sweat the small stuff, just sell them here  Grin

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
magnet007

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

Plan B: someone creates bbay!

also 'bpal' ?

Industro (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:26:43 AM

Industro, Don't sweat the small stuff, just sell them here  Grin

Well, if anybody wants them from here and would rather pay with bitcoins, just win the auction and we can arrange a bitcoin payment in lieu of GayPal. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay, so I'm a trustworthy seller, and we can do escrow if you still want added security, but you have to pay the additional escrow fee.

The auction is only up to $200 on eBay (that's 160 GH/sec for $200 - you will ROI in a month). Somebody's gonna make out pretty well. Cool  All the others on eBay are being offered/sold for a LOT more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-2-AVALON-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miners-160-GH-s-Mining-Machines-NO-RESERVE-/111315935934

I'm not making any money on these. I paid $5,000 for these Avalons and then lost all their earnings to Gox. I'm just trying to offload them to someone who wants to get into mining. My wife wants them out of the house. Roll Eyes

I see so many auctions on eBay that openly accept bitcoin payments (mostly for miners). I may try use a JPEG or GIF of an image that says "PayPal Accepted Here" to avoid the keyword filters in future auctions. Do you think that would work (unless the auction got manually reported?) I'm just not good a taking "No, you can't use bitcoins here" for an answer! I wouldn't last a day in China. Tongue
amspir

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:31:46 AM

Well, if anybody wants them from here and would rather pay with bitcoins, just win the auction and we can arrange a bitcoin payment in lieu of GayPal. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay, so I'm a trustworthy seller, and we can do escrow if you still want added security, but you have to pay the additional escrow fee.

You ought to check out cryptothift.com.  F' ebay.

windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 12:42:55 AM

Just sold a 7 day mining contract on eBay for my first time, just experimenting.

Rented out a piece of my mining equipment, it is currently mining on Eligius for the winner.

Accepted PayPal or Bitcoin, payment was via PayPal.

No problems at all...
7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:23:55 AM

Just sold a 7 day mining contract on eBay for my first time, just experimenting.

Rented out a piece of my mining equipment, it is currently mining on Eligius for the winner.

No problems at all...

Then, day 8 comes around, CHARGEBACK!!!!!
Paypal/ebay will not stand by any bitcoin related transaction.
zolace

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:49:38 PM

Why dont you guys Just COD with USPS so you have to worry about chargeback and the over priced paypal fees.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:27:51 PM

No problems at all...

Then, day 8 comes around, CHARGEBACK!!!!!
Paypal/ebay will not stand by any bitcoin related transaction.

Well, as far as they are concerned its not a Bitcoin related transaction, its the rental of computer equipment. Buyer seems very happy so I think a charge back is unlikely, I guess I'll have to wait and see. The Payal fees are high, not sure if I'll do it again....
zolace

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:06:50 PM

Dont waste your time on paypal, just find other alternatives, from escrow to COD like I said earlier.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: