Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:48:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's Why You Should Invest In Numus Right NOW  (Read 538 times)
InsertUsernameHere (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:07:52 PM

So I heard about this coin recently and since I've been hooked on it. I've invested in their IPO myself and here's why you should too.

1) They have an Introductory Video - https://vimeo.com/89947268
Which alt-coin have you EVER seen with an introductory video to even begin with?

2) They released a whitepaper - http://numus.org/whitepaper.pdf
Their whitepaper details every nook and cranny about the coin. They even have blueprints for a Decentralized Exchange

3) They have some really innovative proposals for features - ^^ In the whitepaper

4) Their marketing and website are top-notch
I have never, seen an alt-coin with such a good website or marketing team to promote their coin as well as this.

If you want to invest you can do so through their site : http://ipo.numus.org in or in their thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=543503.0

ShareCoin : SiAMsjQv2jG1epUS55V9pyz2CrxRLg4yAu
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:10:01 PM

Does it even exist? I had the impression there is not even so much as a proof of concept you can download and test, look at the quality of the code of and so on...

For example I see no github nor sourceforge nor gitian nor google code etc URL among the URLs you posted...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
InsertUsernameHere (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:11:58 PM

Does it even exist? I had the impression there is not even so much as a proof of concept you can download and test, look at the quality of the code of and so on...

For example I see no github nor sourceforge nor gitian nor google code etc URL among the URLs you posted...

-MarkM-

It seems not, probably don't want others to steal their code.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:13:32 PM

Oh there is code?

But you need a virtual machine or airgapped machine to run it because you cannot inspect the source code?

Who are they contracting out penetration/exploit/etc testing to?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:22:19 PM

Since you are encouraging people to invest in that coin in HYIP style, As a community member, I would like to warn users that, developer will give IPO coins on a Alternate wallet aka "Investor Client" or Traditional QT wallet,  which won't be a real numus wallet.

They asked me to do escrow but, they wanted me to release bitcoins to them after these IPO coin will be distributed to Investors on  "Invetor client" or a QT wallet.

I said NO to them because without a real working blockchain and a working wallet with all features they have proposed in their thread, all those IPO coins are useless.
Even with escrow protection they can close everything and run away with people's bitcoins.

Here is a reply from them.

We started the IPO for the sole reason to pay for development and marketing costs. Up until now we've been paying out of our own pockets for these costs. We needed to launch the IPO as soon as possible to cover our development and marketing costs. If the IPO launches at a later stage we won't be able to cover our costs for marketing and development and Numus would most likely not launch.
Thread7

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:22:53 PM

The web site just asks for BTC.  It doesn't even say what the coin is all about.  IMO a very poor implementation.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:31:19 PM

Just how much angel investor money have they burned through in reaching the IPO stage?

From the sound of it their angels were not very competent or they need another round of angel investing before considering an IPO.

That only incompetent angels financed their angel round(s) does not inspire confidence...

-MarkM-

WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:36:04 PM

Do they do escrow at all?
pbj sammich

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:40:57 PM

They have an Introductory Video

Cause that's important.... do they have shirts too?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:45:36 PM

Oh also, that bit about marketing costs.

What the heck are they actually marketing? And how? Google Adwords or something? What the heck are they shipping to the customers (if any) who respond to the ads?

That they have marketing expenses already makes it seem even more like a scam. Unless they mean they want us to pay who-ever posts in the forums for them for the privilege of hearing about their more and more scammy-sounding scheme. Less posts about such schemes actually seems a better idea than that...

Is there anyone here who has actually tested their closed-source software and seen that it works, does not steal their othercoin wallets, does not cause their email account to spam all their friends and so on?

If not falling for their "IPO scam" means they won't bother to finish building the thing, that seems more and more like a good thing. Lets not fall for it thus not have to suffer its actual deployment at all.

If they really have the skills there are tons of similar scams they could write code for.

Or if they really really have the skills they could get jobs at Ripple or Mastercoin or somesuch that already got plenty of financing and now just need to actually get code written. (Or in Ripple's case, get more testing and debugging and feature-adding done.)

I would ask who they work for currently and who they developed what for in the past, but it'd be more polite to go read up on all that in the resume / curricula vitae section of their website and visiting their website isn't something I really want to do right now. I am pretty sure I already did once upon a time and was so unimpressed I have no recollection of it or am correctly recalling it as just another vapourware scam IPO.

-MarkM-

InsertUsernameHere (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:50:32 PM

Yeah I think Anon136 is providing the optional escrow.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:55:48 PM

Yeah I think Anon136 is providing the optional escrow.

If the money is escrowed they cannot use it to cover their expenses, which, they claim, will mean they won't be able to do the work, which presumably means everyone gets their money back from the escrower. Which all sounds like quite a waste of time unless there is some loophole/scam involved such as this "investor wallet that is not real" scam someone mentioned above...

-MarkM-

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:58:49 PM

i believe it to be a scam. if Anon136 releases the bitcoins before the blockchain is released, thats wrong. I also believe that Numus is betting on the fact that some people won't even bother with Escrow.

you guys have been warned.
InsertUsernameHere (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:06:49 PM

i believe it to be a scam. if Anon136 releases the bitcoins before the blockchain is released, thats wrong. I also believe that Numus is betting on the fact that some people won't even bother with Escrow.

I don't think that's what going to happen. I think most likely Anon136 will give users their coins when the actual wallet is released.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

I already told about this issue to Anon, now it's upto him what he does but avoid investing money without escrow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: