Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:57:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Miner Overclocking  (Read 6120 times)
Peta-Hash (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Hello,

I have a Dragon Miner (LKETC.com.cn) that I would like to overclock. I have read in some
other topic of some people having done this. However I cannot seem to make my miner
run in overlocked mode. Could you guys point me in the right direction? and what are your
experiences with it?

I will toss some coin for the trouble if you can help me getting my dragon hashing overlocked!

Thanks

gr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:13:51 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 12:53:48 AM by daddyfatsax

The instructions I got:

"As the machine does not open interface for overclocking settings, you need  modify the cgminer parameters listed in /boot/www/index.php, it is said that the hash rate could up to 1.2T with the sufficient power supply after overclocking. We are working on that to evaluate whether it is possible"
[/quote]

1.2Th is impossible and the reason why you got no instructions on how to overclock the Dragon units is because it will go up in smoke if you push it (Cheap-ass components)

This is on your own risk: (aka hardcore miner mode)

How to overclock a Dragon 1Th unit:

Turn it off, then on again.
SSH into the pi
Locate the CGminer folder
Create a .sh , name it to whatever you want (nano Overclock.sh  <-- just a example)
Add:

Code:
sudo ./cgminer -o "1" -u 2 -p bac --no-submit-stale --tempCut 70 --real-quiet --queue 1 --cs 9 --stmcu 0 --diff 5 --api-listen --api-network --A1Pll 800

1: Keep the ", add pool adress
2: Wallet or Username, depends on which pool you use
800: Default clocksetting, you can push it to 850Mhz but no more.

Save the file
Now you need to install screen for the pi, to keep the resource running even when you logout of the pi.

Code:
sudo apt-get install screen
screen bash

Now you´re in screen
Locate the CGminer folder
Now you need to run the .sh

Code:
sh Whateveryounamedthefileas.sh

Press CTRL + A + D to close screen
You´re still connected to the pi via SSH.

Code:
Logout

Now you´re not connected to the pi anymore and your Dragon is running the chips in overclocked mode.
Don´t connect to the web frontend! (If you do, you need to start over from step 1 again)
Check your hash status via the pool.

IMPORTANT:

If you got the 32 chip version it´s already clocked to 900Mhz (Instead of more chips they used a little more expensive components to handle the over clock, but saved a bunch of money since the A1 is more expensive). DO NOT EVEN TRY TO OVERCLOCK. Add blades instead.

If you got the 40 chip version you can push it to 850Mhz as long as the unit is in a cold room. The 850Mhz setting makes the Dragon pull 1000-1100 watt, so don´t expect the stock PSU to survive to long (unless you got the 2x650w psu version) but should give you 50-100Ghz more to play with.

If you turn off the unit or experience power outtake, just start screen on the pi and run the .sh again and you´re back on over clocked chips again.

Better software for these units would be awesome. Mine has been a pain in the ass to get working.

Edit: Sorry, I just read about that today. Address removed.
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:19:29 PM

Those instructions were posted by a scammer, JointDoctor.

please remove his tip address from your quotes.  He stole his miner and about 5BTC from other members.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Peta-Hash (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:12:14 AM

I found that topic earlier but you have to do that manually each time you start the miner and
you cannot open the browser to see the stats.

Is there somebody that has a complete solution (image file that is ready). My miner has 5 blades and only runs 1 thz.

I will give the person that helps me 0.5 Bitcoin.

TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:29:04 PM

I found that topic earlier but you have to do that manually each time you start the miner and

Is there somebody that has a complete solution (image file that is ready). My miner has 5 blades and only runs 1 thz.

Hold onto your coin and dont overclock the thing. The 10% gain isnt worth the 50% chance of bricking it.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:54:09 PM

I cannot get my 4 blade unit to hash over 700 GH/s, so I need the original image that came with my unit. I cannot get it anywhere, so I am just stuck right now.
DZdragon

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:18:37 AM

that's very easy. but you should buy a new updated sdcard and a psu 1300w instead.
Peta-Hash (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:33:37 PM

Where can I get the updated SDcard? I have the right PSU Smiley
DZdragon

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:07:59 AM

buy it in china. Smiley
Peta-Hash (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:43:15 AM

Is it possible to compile my own cgminer and run the miner without all this Chinese firmware (that I hardly trust)?

Any help would be appreciated.

gr
DZdragon

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:55:27 AM

[quote aueta-Hash link=topic=552946.msg6105805#msg6105805 date=1396852995]
Is it possible to compile my own cgminer and run the miner without all this Chinese firmware (that I hardly trust)?

Any help would be appreciated.

gr
[/quote]
no.it is impossible so far.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:37:24 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 04:47:34 AM by testerx

There are alternate firmwares out there with an unlocked init.php url that allows you to set the clock speeds, but they are of varying stability.
Unfortunately I never dumped my original firmware and the manufacturer I got my unit from could only send a different firmware that was missing a lot of features I wanted, and the dragon version doesn't have an easy overclocking feature.

BTW if you SSH in, the index.php under www seems to just run cgminer with whatever pool you fill out in index.php, so I think you can just append the A1Pll parameter to that line and it should theoretically work though I'm not sure it does.

Anybody with any luck doing the overclock through the web interface?  

Ah, seems like the firmware I'm using runs a version of cgminer that doesn't recognize --A1Pll at all, weird.

Seems like the easiest way to do this is just to run an overclocker friendly version of the software.
cyclopower

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:57:22 PM

hey guys! AFAIK the seller/manufacturer offers these Dragon miners pre-overclocked to 1.2 GHash by default if they were asked to flash the correct SD data image with proper settings during submitting the order. Does anybody have one? Ready to share for some cryptothanks? Wink
OCing via raspberry means some sex which I'd like to avoid.

Unfortunately I've bought mine via (un)official re-seller and couldn't order it pre-overclocked from the very start. 200 GHash/s matter something so it would be a nice bonus both for miners and for the LKETC.com.

p.s. of course I know the default PSU should be changed to a better one, and OC should be done only in a proper cooling conditions.
epidemija

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:34:05 PM

its been a while since someone posted here..

but i have root of my lketc miner(stupid lketc).  i want to overclock it..

but how to check which chip my miner have?

thanks
makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:32:29 PM

i advice you not to overclock becouse your mining machine soon will brake
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: