Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPOE-PR Perma-Banned after warning, Temp Ban more appropriate?  (Read 8464 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:46:35 PM

What did MPOE-PR do exactly to deserve a ban? And if she/he was being a jackass why didn't these people put her/him on ignore like anyone intelligent would? For me it wasn't the fact that MPOE-PR was being negative or condescending that was the problem but they seemed to think that their opinion mattered enough that it was okay to go around spamming shit everywhere especially towards newbies who were just genuinely looking for help and advice.

One of the worse things I've seen are people being and arrogant and unhelpful pricks to somebody who's just trying to learn about something, other than that I haven't really been paying attention to anything else they've been saying.

It seems that swearing the mods/admins can get you a very fast and permanent ban, but scamming and deceiving people and abusing the trust system is ok.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:14:00 PM

It seems that swearing the mods/admins can get you a very fast and permanent ban, but scamming and deceiving people and abusing the trust system is ok.

It wasn't the swearing but a combination of "posting off-topic content" + "having off-topic posts deleted" + "posting more off-topic content" + "having more off-topic posts deleted" + "repeatadly ignoring the very few rules that we require users to abide by (one of them being "no off-topic posts")" + "telling the mod to fuck off after having off-topic posts deleted by him".

but scamming and deceiving people and abusing the trust system is ok.

Scamming and deceiving people is not "ok", but that's what the Trust system's for. Most scammers and would-be scammers end up with glaring-red Trust warnings (obviously I'm not counting those frequenting the altcoin board).

Signature space available for rent.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:24:38 PM

Speaking of Neobee assume MP was trolling in that thread since it was brought up a few times chalk another point for Mircea

On March 28, 2014 Havelock Investments halted trading of the NEOBEE Fund; Havelock Investments has yet to receive any formal information in regards to the questionable trading activity on the LMB share platform website. We have not received any formal information on the current situation at LMB Holdings. Due to those factors we have decided that the unit holders on the NEOBEE Fund should no longer be suspended from trading their units. The Fund will now be designated as NEOBEEQ to reflect the uncertainty of the future of LMB Holdings – NEO BEE Ltd. Financial information on the status of the company has not been released. The units of this Fund will continue to trade even if the company will file for bankruptcy. We will continue to update you if any information is provided to us.

Trading will resume today at 5:00 PM EST

Thank you for investing with Havelock Investments!
https://www.havelockinvestments.com

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:40:08 PM

She is an ass, but an asset. We need her much more than we need you. Take a couple weeks yourself.

So she swore at you. Grow a thicker skin. This is not a cocktail party.

And no, I'm not her shill, I'm someone else's.

Hey @theymos, please ban Maged till he calms down, and please bring back that ghastly MPOE-PR.

I just don't know why MPOE-PR wasn't perma-banned two years ago when she started issuing malicious criminal libel.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 03:51:12 PM

I just don't know why MPOE-PR wasn't perma-banned two years ago when she started issuing malicious criminal libel.

Look who is turning up to "spit on the grave" so to speak.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:05:07 AM

You mean a certain target available for so many criticisms without libel being any reality?

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:11:09 PM

You mean a certain target available for so many criticisms without libel being any reality?

Within the Bitcoin community, especially the "business" side of it there is no such thing as libel. In this conglomerate of sociopaths there is always a point.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 06:48:57 PM

that was easier than I expected.  Embarrassed
buyandhold (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 43

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:55:27 AM

Hey MP, could we have a blond one this time?
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:59:36 PM

Hey MP, could we have a blond one this time?

Well as an aside could use some MP in the securities thread now and then seems a bit to peaceful without a strong dissenting voice

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:22:46 PM

NeoBee.
COG.
ActM
Lab Rat.
HIF.

Peaceful in that RIP In Peace sort'a way, I suppose Undecided
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:02:23 AM

Yes, look. Now that it's come out I was the target of a paid campaign to damage my reputation, please, everyone, look.

Who was trolling me? LOOK. EskimoBob. Ian Bakewell. Deprived. Noagendamarket (the Bitcoin Racing Syndicate guy). Todd Peterson (BITBOND) and friends. About 3 or 4 others who I don't have written down on hand (the '1MHS' guy, for example).

All of these people jumped on the bandwagon to destroy me so they wouldn't have to pay BMF and NYAN back when GLBSE collapsed. They took over 1,000 BTC of my investors money and ran. Then they turned and ran with their other investor's money. Is there anyone alive who said I was a scammer who didn't turn out to be a scammer themselves?

Volumes could be spoken about who ISN'T mentioned in the above list and obviously should be. And the fact that it has now come out these same people were paying not just to damage my reputation but several other of their competitors as well.

Look at Marc (Kakobrekla) who is now business partners with Mircea Popescu. When Pirate collapsed, CPA paid him 1140 BTC. Just like that. We didn't scam anybody. But what does he do? He removed his WOT rating for me. Wow, thanks. You know what? I should have taken the money and ran. But I didn't. Hey Marc can I have 20 bitcoins? Not much hey, but I could really use the money to give back to my shareholders. What do you think, can I have less than 2% back, for old times sake?

There are plenty of people around here with thousands of BTC who should know better and end up running with crooks instead of supporting legitimate business interests like mine. Seriously, you have to be f'in retarded to think I am a scammer or to associate with anyone who is still tooting that horn.

Yes, everyone, please look who never disappeared and who is sticking it out and working to pay people what they are owed.

There have been so many scammers it's hard to know all the "stories".
People who take the money and run will pay a huge price later in life.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:56:12 AM

It's really sad that this is the most interesting thread on the forum at the moment.

MPOE-PR was a flaming asshole that said many awful/hurtful things to so many different people over the last couple of years. Such fun! Can we have her back please?

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:07:34 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 07:18:46 AM by freedomno1

It's really sad that this is the most interesting thread on the forum at the moment.

MPOE-PR was a flaming asshole that said many awful/hurtful things to so many different people over the last couple of years. Such fun! Can we have her back please?

I find a bit of amusement in the counterargument, which is that BFL can create a trust thread to destroy their rep and get shot with a lawsuit (finally) and advertise the whole time prior, ponzis can run amuk in gambling, John can go afk, tradefortresses can reappear and use the trust system to advantage against dissenters prior to inputs/coinlenders collapse, labcoins can pump and dump, neobees can spin away, and magicaltux's can still have their tuxedos while all these sort of other shenanigans occur without any problem Mircea gets the perma banhammer for trolling and pissing off one mod.

He-he she was our flaming asshole, Tongue and she left you alone usually lol unless you were the person who made a crappy IPO then (best of luck to you lol).

Meh rage aside back to the OP

If anything, the title of this thread should be, MPOE-PR Perma Banned after warning, Temp Ban more appropriate?
Two weeks later

Woops edit in

Also for the record, it isn't a permaban.

When can we expect her raging presence to return and stomp on Usagi for spitting on her grave XD

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:56:57 AM

So being flamer and scammer comes together ?

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:38:43 PM

With her gone, the forum returns to being the paradise you deserve.
With warm, friendly folks who recognise you for the finance revolutionary you are.  As they forage through your pockets for change.
Change overlooked by your other friends, the ones who robbed you before.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:56:09 PM

You summed up the whole forum nicely Smiley If it wasn't for the fact the forum must be HUGELY profiting from each scam, some how, in one way or another, i'd question the mental capacity of the forum mgmt.. but its obvious they do profit greatly.
We know the hole "free speech" BS they spin is just BS, thus why someone gets banned for speaking.. not scamming.

and wtf was the deal with TF just coming back ? I had a brief look through post history when he returned.. he seemed to be giving off one liners as to just promote the fact he, or someone using his account was back.. but no one seemed to question his return or be like hey wheres our money, or did they ?

I find a bit of amusement in the counterargument, which is that BFL can create a trust thread to destroy their rep and get shot with a lawsuit (finally) and advertise the whole time prior, ponzis can run amuk in gambling, John can go afk, tradefortresses can reappear and use the trust system to advantage against dissenters prior to inputs/coinlenders collapse, labcoins can pump and dump, neobees can spin away, and magicaltux's can still have their tuxedos while all these sort of other shenanigans occur without any problem Mircea gets the perma banhammer for trolling and pissing off one mod.

He-he she was our flaming asshole, Tongue and she left you alone usually lol unless you were the person who made a crappy IPO then (best of luck to you lol).

Meh rage aside back to the OP

If anything, the title of this thread should be, MPOE-PR Perma Banned after warning, Temp Ban more appropriate?
Two weeks later

Woops edit in

Also for the record, it isn't a permaban.

When can we expect her raging presence to return and stomp on Usagi for spitting on her grave XD

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:38:18 PM

I need to back stop and edit a line
John K has returned and paid out coinroll investors and soon the group buy so someone will need to point out a new backstop to fill it in.
Guess change John to a Pirates at 40 reference or something lol.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:27:06 AM

I need to back stop and edit a line
John K has returned and paid out coinroll investors and soon the group buy so someone will need to point out a new backstop to fill it in.
Guess change John to a Pirates at 40 reference or something lol.

John K had some serious health issues I guess. Glad to see he is healthy enough to rectify the problems.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:42:50 AM

Her "raging and trolling" saved me a lot of money. I want her back!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: