Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fed Bank VP on bitcoin: Banks must adapt or die  (Read 1926 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:28:10 AM

China is the reason for 90% of the volatility in the bitcoin market.  They don't care about the technology, they just want to speculate and make a buck.

Bitcoin will rise back up to $750-850 and pitch a tent for the long term not long after 4/16.

Fortunately, venture capitalists and tech entrepreneurs are finally winning the battle against the fringe anarchists and libertarians for the soul of Bitcoin .

It's about the tech, not about the coin and its ability to go "off the grid"!

Does Bitcoin have a soul?
Are you sure?

twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:34:09 AM

Want to know why so many of these Fed suits and banking class people like Ripple so much? It isn't really decentralized. Hence, it's easier to manipulate.

They like it cause the technolgy can be integrated into curent banking system.   It has real world use value.  

Yes...it can be "integrated" into the current banking system. Because it's such an awesome idea to continue pouring money into the corrupt banking system. Of course the banking class wants a digital currency they can control.

Ripple is a network.   The XRP is just a token like a plastic poker chip.   No need to control it
Trance

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:52:11 AM

Thanks for posting this!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:07:59 AM

Don't tell anyone, but I have always had a sneaking suspicion that the Fed invented Bitcoin, and Dorian's secret government projects were just that.

Not so crazy. It would be an excellent solution to the trade imbalance between the US and China. We avoid WWIII by keeping the peace with Bitcoin.

But I try not to say that out loud, for fear of having to buy stock in tinfoil.

It always cracks me up when people on this forum reference "tinfoil hats" when they broach subjects that are "out there." Need I remind you that for every participant on this forum, there are still 9,999 people NOT on this forum that thinks we all have tinfoil hats.  Smiley Someone needs to look forward if we are going to get anywhere safely.

This inconsistency is an elephant in a room.

Not surprising. Individuals are still individuals, even if they all still work for the same entity. Opinions can vary within.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 05:19:43 AM

China is the reason for 90% of the volatility in the bitcoin market.  They don't care about the technology, they just want to speculate and make a buck.

Bitcoin will rise back up to $750-850 and pitch a tent for the long term not long after 4/16.

Fortunately, venture capitalists and tech entrepreneurs are finally winning the battle against the fringe anarchists and libertarians for the soul of Bitcoin .

Are you sure?
lol +1, I stopped reading at the word "soul".

This is an internet forum, not a church. Reasoned observation and empiricism or GTFO.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 11:16:57 AM

I don't get it. Is this another April fools joke or real things

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:18:38 AM

I kinda would like to know how and when this will happen. Im kinda not wanting banks to have affiliation with bitcoin, since I dont like banks

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:19:04 AM

Are you sure?
lol +1, I stopped reading at the word "soul".

This is an internet forum, not a church. Reasoned observation and empiricism or GTFO.

Good, then you read 85% of the post.

Glad to see i can still offend so easily.  Grin
Bitram

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:52:23 PM

Banks are supported by government. They wont die easily
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:57:16 PM

What if the government disintegrates?

And again, private banks are the real problem, not the national banks.
~Coinseeker~

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:00:05 PM

Banks will never die.  People will always want and need their services.  They may change form to adapt, but banks will always be with us.  Hell, Coinbase is a bank, all 3rd party wallet storages services are banks.  They just aren't fully featured.  People will always choose to trust someone else to hold their money.  That's how banks came into being.  That need from people, will never end.  So, it's not about killing banks, as banks are useful and provide great infrastructure.  It's more about changing the way banks do business.  With the advent of crypto, I think we're going to see that happen pretty soon.
zolace

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:46:43 PM

With the national banks is kinda difficult to accept bitcoin that easily because there are controlled by governments.But i think that the private banks should be more open mind and embrace the new wave .

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
vnvizow

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:23:12 PM

Why banks? Blockchain is like Bitcoin's central bank. And, isn't it more important for more services like, amazon, steam, etc. to start accepting Bitcoin? Or even countries?
~Coinseeker~

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:40:06 PM

Why banks? Blockchain is like Bitcoin's central bank. And, isn't it more important for more services like, amazon, steam, etc. to start accepting Bitcoin? Or even countries?

Seems the Bitcoin community has largely abandoned this concept, and instead supports merchant adoption via central clearing models like BitPay and Coinbase.  Sorry, banks required.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: