Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx owner in danger of being extradited to US to face charges  (Read 14006 times)
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:59:08 PM

Yeah but he keeps doing it - he just poked his nose into an ActM Poll thread. Absolutely nothing to do with him but he can't help himself proving a point and stroking his own ego.

Which is exactly what will get him locked up by US authorities. He can't simply comply with the SEC request for info, no he just HAS to take the piss, shout from the roof-tops that he is right and untouchable. His massive ego will be the end of him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Simon Templar

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:42:41 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 04:07:42 AM by Simon Templar

Seriously, you guys need to get some sleep.  MP is fucked either way.  

It took a long time to get Abu Hamzar extradited from the UK but it happened.  The reality is the World is not as big as it once was and international bureaucracy ain't nothing when they figure that this guy is a terrorism risk.  He's a loose canon with a trigger finger on billions of US dollars.  I'd run to the hills and burn my hard drive if I had prior dealings with this target.  Water boarding could become a regular routine when US GOV get their fingers on him.  They have a bug I their ass from his arrogant and hostile emails, least of all the crimes he's committed against US citizens throughout the three year scam.   It's gonna get very ugly very quickly so stock up on popcorn folks, this will eventually make the major news channels briefly, and no-one will give a flying fuck.  Least of all us.   The following day he'll be imprisoned indefinitely and his defence lawyers will bleed him dry and lie to him that his money will win his freedom.  Uh-uh,  might work in your country buddie, but us Americans will see justice prevail because you can't buy your way out of a good US Penitentiary seeing too.  Cheesy
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:41:03 PM

Had a quick look at Mircea Popescu's defense - 'tell me what law have I done broke huh? You can't do nuthin to me unless you tell me what law I done brokes'

Well....running an unlicensed Securities Exchange is illegal in both the US and Romania. As is offering falsely presented stocks and shares and manipulating the shares traded volume and share price.

U.S.-ROMANIA EXTRADITION TREATY
OVERVIEW

Article 1 obligates each Party to extradite to the other, pursuant
to the provisions of the Treaty, persons whom the authorities in the
Requesting State have charged with, found guilty of, or convicted
of an extraditable offense.

Extraditable Offences

An offence shall be an extraditable offence if it is punishable under the laws in both Parties by deprivation of liberty for a period of more than one year...

http://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/treaty_110-11.pdf
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:51:02 PM

Pretty hilarious that you're obsessing with some Romanian d00d while your own CEO, Ken Slaughter, is being investigated by Missouri Securities Division.
How's that going, BTW, noticed that Ken doesn't like to chat about that much.  Everything good?
Still trying to put them lulzy virtual profit shares on virtually any exchange?
Good luck! Smiley
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:59:06 PM

Pretty hilarious that you're obsessing with some Romanian d00d while your own CEO, Ken Slaughter, is being investigated by Missouri Securities Division.
How's that going, BTW, noticed that Ken doesn't like to chat about that much.  Everything good?
Still trying to put them lulzy virtual profit shares on virtually any exchange?
Good luck! Smiley

Lol this thread is about you and your customers. Care to tell us what will happen to your exchange when the Romanian Police turn up at you door to execute the extradition request? Will the SEC give your customers their money back or will they seize all monies as proceeds of crime? What do YOU think about that Mr Popescu?

I'm not obsessed about you atall, I just react everytime you mention ACtM. You are the one who has spent 8months Trolling ACtM! A grown man with a potentially workable online exchange and what did you do? Throw it all away. They are coming for you - because YOU MADE THEM!

lolZZZZy

Look up 'self-sabotage' you have a lot to learn about yourself.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:36:19 AM

I like how Mircea before she got banned posted the EXACT SEC letter for all of us to read
It's also on trilema lol so this was non-news to me

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:38:23 AM

@Stuartuk:

Thorazine. Like it's even your choice!tm
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:21:18 AM

interesting read

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n76dosa3hcaldqi/SSRN-id2423461.pdf

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:46:24 AM

That's a neat document thanks for sharing see the information in general is getting better
Even have a few Alice examples in there Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:08:27 AM

http://trilema.com/2013/so-whats-the-plan-with-mpoempex/

Interesting read from mr popescu. Highly recommended if you are a fan of science fiction.

Includes some great quotes such as:

I believe that on an ongoing basis being listed on MPEx will be the most valuable intangible asset available to any BTC company

The MPEx registration fee has been in my estimation very successful at selecting high quality, competent and intelligent investors, the sort of which a company benefits from

MPEx will continue to promote the correct view of BTC, as a game currency not in any significant way different from any other game currency.

This stance can not be changed through Internet chatter, mass delusion no matter how widespread or court rulings, whatever jurisdiction they may be issued in.

I intend to slowly sell the remainder 40% of non-controlling S.MPOE interest that I currently own, during the course of the next 3 to 5 years.

if I consider the general Bitcoin community is both strong enough and competent enough, I will sell S.MPOE controlling interest (50% + the voting share) to a group of credible investors, with a credible plan in place, through a proper auction much like what you’d see if the Russian government sold its Gazprom (minus, of course, all the graft). Should this ever occur (and to look at the forum digests I receive you’d think it absolutely never will) I will consider this little experiment a complete success, as far as I’m concerned (not that there’s much to complain as it is). A closed deal, a second retirement for me personally.
NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:21:37 AM

Jimmothy - I love it. He should write fantasy novels.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:37:51 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 02:58:03 PM by minerpart

I believe that on an ongoing basis being listed on MPEx will be the most valuable intangible asset available to any BTC company

A HA HA HA Cheesy
Even when the CEO is in a US State prison on serious financial malpractice and fraud/theft charges?!!!!
Being listed on MPEx then would be a DEATH KNELL!!!!

The MPEx registration fee has been in my estimation very successful at selecting high quality, competent and intelligent investors, the sort of which a company benefits from

Major LOLZ - desperate to rip investors off you mean? Yes you are right, that needs some form of competence.

MPEx will continue to promote the correct view of BTC, as a game currency not in any significant way different from any other game currency.

This stance can not be changed through Internet chatter, mass delusion no matter how widespread or court rulings, whatever jurisdiction they may be issued in.

'I am right the World is wrong.' Is that how it is in MPEx Land?!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I intend to slowly sell the remainder 40% of non-controlling S.MPOE interest that I currently own, during the course of the next 3 to 5 years.

HOLY H-BOMB. You are going to sell this Junk Security?! How can you shame-faced offer this garbage security when you know it makes next to no money and all your books are cooked and the MPEx volume is a manipulated lie? S.MPOE is a lie.

LOOK Mirceau, you are supposed to be (according to your own PR) a Billionaire! You are a BILLIONAIRE!!! That is obviously why you sell Paid-access to your blog site for 0.01BTC ($5)!!!! I mean, what BILLIONAIRE wouldn't need to spend time processing $5 payments for access to his personal blog!!!!!

Sorry dude you have a site that is 100% manipulated, false volume, false valuations and a false declaration of your own wealth/poverty.  

If you are making moves to start off-loading S.MPOE that tells me one thing - you are planning to run from this scam and take as much money as you can with you. You KNOW it is failing, this is just a desperate final cash-grab before you disappear.

Billionaires DO NOT sell the on-going companies that made them wealthy if they are 'more successful than ever'. It does not happen. You are trying to scam people Mirceau and this will not wash.  Angry

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:02:04 PM

Mirceau Popescu is cashing out and selling chunks of MPOE/MPEx.

Why now? The timing is suspicious - an SEC investigation with a possible immanent freeze on all MPEx securities and assets. So clearly Popescu wants to get his grubby hands on as much BTC to hide away as he can before the SEC and Romanian authorities close him down.

But he is free to sell MPOE you may think - well there is this one thing, a clause in the MPOE IPO document, I think this is pretty explicit in its meaning:

2. THE INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING
2.2. The Terms of the IPO.
(a)Mircea Popescu has elected to divide MPOE/MPEx into 1`000`000`000 (one billion) equal non-voting shares......Mircea Popescu further warrants that he will never sell more than half the total shares.
http://mpex.co/?mpsic=S.MPOE

When does 'never' mean 'actually I've changed my mind'?? Answer - when he needs to run, here is what he is now saying:

'I do not intend to hold on to my controlling interest indefinitely. Once the above is complete, [the selling of the first 49% of MPOE].....I will sell S.MPOE controlling interest (50% + the voting share) to a group of credible investors'

So Mirceau is a confirmed liar and scammer. He lied to IPO investors about his intentions to sell MPOE and he is scamming them as he dumps this stock and prepares his way to the EXIT sign.

Run Mirceau you little snake. But there is no hiding from international justice. Certainly not in Romania, great allies of the US.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:13:32 PM

And as for you, my fine lady, it's true I can't attend to you here and now as I'd like; but just try to stay out of my way – just try! I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:21:37 PM

I thought Mirceau that you might come back with a denial (you can't I suppose as your intentions are in black and white) or some sort of legitimatizing excuse as to why you are breaking the IPO promise. But no, you post another silly little picture.

Fellow Bitcoin community members, is this the behavior of a rational mind? Should someone with this much disregard for his own investors, his own retail customers and his own trade clients be trusted to run a securities exchange? I think not. I think this man needs to be in a prison. God save any of you if you have trusted this man with your money. Get it out while you still can because this little bunny is going all the way to the US of A, first class courtesy of the FBI. If he doesn't at the very least he will run off with your money. Don't become the next victims of the Bitcoin criminal class.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:32:22 PM

...Fellow Bitcoin community members, is this the behavior of a rational mind?...

Cheesy

*You were born to be a
rethink-your-strategy

Activity: 173
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:35:03 PM

Mirceau Popescu is cashing out and selling chunks of MPOE/MPEx.

Why now? The timing is suspicious - an SEC investigation with a possible immanent freeze on all MPEx securities and assets. So clearly Popescu wants to get his grubby hands on as much BTC to hide away as he can before the SEC and Romanian authorities close him down.

But he is free to sell MPOE you may think - well there is this one thing, a clause in the MPOE IPO document, I think this is pretty explicit in its meaning:

2. THE INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING
2.2. The Terms of the IPO.
(a)Mircea Popescu has elected to divide MPOE/MPEx into 1`000`000`000 (one billion) equal non-voting shares......Mircea Popescu further warrants that he will never sell more than half the total shares.
http://mpex.co/?mpsic=S.MPOE

When does 'never' mean 'actually I've changed my mind'?? Answer - when he needs to run, here is what he is now saying:

'I do not intend to hold on to my controlling interest indefinitely. Once the above is complete, [the selling of the first 49% of MPOE].....I will sell S.MPOE controlling interest (50% + the voting share) to a group of credible investors'

So Mirceau is a confirmed liar and scammer. He lied to IPO investors about his intentions to sell MPOE and he is scamming them as he dumps this stock and prepares his way to the EXIT sign.

Run Mirceau you little snake. But there is no hiding from international justice. Certainly not in Romania, great allies of the US.

Just to play devil's advocate...I took a look at the contract. You agree that he's allowed to sell the first 49%, as that is below "half", correct?

After that he says he will sell the 50% + the voting share to a group of credible investors. It seems to me that is covered in the contract, point g -

(g)In the event of the sale, merger or voluntary liquidation of MPOE/MPEx all proceeds will be distributed fairly to all shareholders by proportion to the shares they hold.

So I fail to see the problem, he's allowed to sell up to the halfway mark, and then he is allowed to sell the company as a whole (the controlling interest). I'm failing to see how he's breaking the contract?
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:46:36 PM

@rethink-your-strategy:  minerpart is one of my more difficult patients.  I'm afraid reason and logic are no more accessible to him than Schubert's compositions are to a deer tick.  TL;DR: don't waste ur time.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:14:41 PM

rethink - you are conflating the two documents which isn't helping.

The IPO document and this later statement on his website say two very different things, so let's stick with the IPO document as we know what the later statement says (he intends to sell the controlling shares).

So the IPO document explicitly states: 'Mircea Popescu further warrants that he will never sell more than half the total shares' Can you tell me in clear words what that means because I think it is already 100% clear.

It then goes on to say directly below as you mention: (g)In the event of the sale, merger or voluntary liquidation of MPOE/MPEx all proceeds will be distributed fairly to all shareholders by proportion to the shares they hold.

Now a sale that would involve shareholders receiving a proportion of the 'proceeds' is NOT THE SAME thing as the CEO selling a part or all of his controlling shares is it? If there is a sale where all shareholders receive a proportion of the proceeds that is a one-off complete sale of the entire company which would involve all shares being destroyed. ie the shareholders no longer are shareholders and the proceeds of the complete liquidation is compensation for that.

I'm sure you can see there is a difference between the CEO selling 65% of the shares whereby the remaining 35% IPO shareholders get nothing and the CEO selling the company and the new owner thereby paying off the shareholders and in essence inheriting a non-listed company.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:53:42 PM

This extradition will permanently remove Mircea Popescu and his many troll accounts (Mpoe-PR anyone?) off these forums. That alone is fantastic news. That guy(?) is an annoying a-hole! Anyone who thinks different is either mentally ill or simply Mircea Popescu him/herself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: