Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:39:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WOW] $10,000 bounty for gifted mobile app developers  (Read 3665 times)
teddmarketing.com (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 05:45:34 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 12:50:39 PM by teddmarketing.com

Dear Friends!

Today we are excited to announce the mobile app developer challenge! This is our first global contest to encourage developers to create mobile apps leveraging the hitbtc exchange.

Are you hungry to hone your skills, push your limits and compete against many talented developers? Then we’re ready to give you the perfect opportunity to showcase your talent and skills as well as a $10,000 reward for your creativity, ingenuity and unique approaches and design!
This project is carried out  in collaboration with hitbtc.com

Challenge Summary
Each contestant is invited to submit up to two applications: one for Android® and one for IOS®. The application must be able to perform the following:
   •   Display graphs
   •   Update information in real time
   •   Show the tickers
   •   Allow users to place buy and sell orders, including choosing the order type (e.g. market or limit)
   •   Display the user’s account

The winner of the Android® application will be awarded $5,000 and the winner of the IOS® application will also be awarded $5,000. Winning is not mutually exclusive, hence an individual can win both Android® and IOS® prizes. The challenge is open to teams and single participants!  

How to join and be part of the game?

Each participant must complete the basic registration on hitbtc.com to be entered into the Challenge.

Stage 1
Email challenge@teddmarketing.com  with “iOS app participant” or “Android app participant” as the subject line. We want you to provide a description of your app’s concept and functionality in Word, PDF or any other text format. Images and/or sketches must be submitted along with your text! You can see the examples attached. Don’t forget to specify your hitbtc alphanumeric ID (you can find it when opening your “Account” tab), it will be used during selection stages and communication!

Stage 2
At this stage we carefully review the applications and pick the semifinalists.  A List with the alphanumeric IDs of those who have successfully passed the 1st stage will be published on teddmarketing.com and in the special topic on bitcointalk.org.
We guarantee to contact everyone regardless of the result of 1st stage.
If you find your ID in the list, you are welcome to provide us the binary version of your app with all the necessary information, clarifications and the detailed instruction for testing.
We honestly affirm that all participants will be marked and placed in the list.

Stage 3
Now we come to the most exciting stage!
We will review the apps we receive and pick out the winners! IDs of the winners with our explanation will be available on teddmarketing.com and in the special topic on bitcointalk.org. Winners are required to provide their source code for proof-reading, testing and validation.
We honestly affirm and guarantee that all participants will be marked and placed in the list.

Contest Deadlines
Stage 1 starts on April 1, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. UTC and goes on till April 15, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. UTC.
Stage 2 starts on April 15, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. UTC and goes on till May 10, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. UTC .
Winners are scheduled to be announced on May 15, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. UTC.

Submission Guidelines and Technical Specifications
Upon passing the 1st stage is successfully, participants must upload the app in the foregoing manner on challenge@teddmarketing.com .
Android
The application must be implemented in Java and use the hitbtc API available at http://hitbtc-com.github.io/hitbtc-api/ to the extent described in the task. The application should be compatible with all popular devices running Android 2.1 and higher. All possible formats for display resolutions must be supported.
iOS
The application must be implemented in Objective C and use the hitbtc API available at http://hitbtc-com.github.io/hitbtc-api/ to the extent described in the task. The application should be compatible with all devices running iOS 4.0 and higher. The app must support both the Retina and standard resolution screens.

We look forward to your participation!
Stay tuned and feel free to contact our supportive team for any questions!

Additional information
License & copyright
By entering an app in this contest, each participant grants hitbtc and its affiliates the irrevocable, perpetual right and license to publish, modify, distribute and otherwise use any or all of the app submitted by such participant in any manner without compensation to the participant,  his or her successors, assigns, or any other entity. Submitting an app to this contest constitutes participant's irrevocable assignment, conveyance, and transference to hitbtc and its affiliates of the foregoing license and rights.  Apps may be given attribution credit based on the name supplied with the contest entry form submission. Entering an app submission in this contest constitutes participant's irrevocable assignment, conveyance, and transference to hitbtc and its affiliates of original, unmodified source files.

attachments:
https://hitbtc.com/hitbtc_challenge_materials.zip

TeddMarketing: Curiosity. Creativity. Cryptocurrency.
hitbtc

Activity: 525
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 06:07:18 PM

Dear friends!
We confirm the launch of the challenge!
Stay tuned for further news.

cole419

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:00:27 AM

Hi! I’m a designer and I have a concept for an app that may theoretically suit your needs. I would try to take part, but do I need to know how to build a mobile app to enter the contest?
teddmarketing.com (OP)

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:37:05 PM

Hi! I’m a designer and I have a concept for an app that may theoretically suit your needs. I would try to take part, but do I need to know how to build a mobile app to enter the contest?

Dear cole419!

Entries to the Challenge will be judged on their concept for a mobile app. The participants do NOT need to know how to build a mobile app or to have begun that process in order to submit an entry. Do not hesitate to enter and send us your concept! If we like it, we may advise you a developer and give you an opportunity to work and release your project together.

Stay in touch!

marty1985

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:47:01 PM

Hello Teddmarketing!
In case my team wins, how do we update our app?
teddmarketing.com (OP)

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 03:35:55 PM

Hello Teddmarketing!
In case my team wins, how do we update our app?

Dear marty1985!

Contest winners will have special permissions to own the general information  for the current version of the app and also to submit updates and bug fixes. We are interested in developers’ participation in the future support of their apps. Definitely, this process will be conceived  and brought to perfection by our team to keep the developers satisfied.

Feel free to contact for any questions!

browep

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 08:43:02 PM

Each contestant is invited to submit up to two applications: one for Android® and one for IOS®. The application must be able to perform the following:
   •   Display graphs
   •   Update information in real time
   •   Show the tickers
   •   Allow users to place buy and sell orders, including choosing the order type (e.g. market or limit)
   •   View and edit the user’s hitbtc profile
   •   Display the user’s account

How are we supposed to view/edit the user's profile?  I don't see anywhere in http://hitbtc-com.github.io/hitbtc-api/ that has update privileges for a user's profile.  Are we doing HTTP Form POST's?  Do we need get the user's un/pw ( I would advise against it ).  How about getting the api/secret?  I don't see anything about oAuth, are user's copy/pasting creds in there? ( not a great UX ).

Thanks for any info, very interested in participating.
teddmarketing.com (OP)

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 01:20:58 PM

How are we supposed to view/edit the user's profile?  I don't see anywhere in http://hitbtc-com.github.io/hitbtc-api/ that has update privileges for a user's profile.  Are we doing HTTP Form POST's?  Do we need get the user's un/pw ( I would advise against it ).  How about getting the api/secret?  I don't see anything about oAuth, are user's copy/pasting creds in there? ( not a great UX ).

Thanks for any info, very interested in participating.

Dear browep!

Currently hitbtc doesn't support OAuth. We're going to implement it in future.
The authorization should be done with API keys i.e. your application asks user's API key and secret key.
User can revoke or delete the key so your application should work properly in this case.

As for UX we got your point. We're going to implement QR code for API key and secret on the Settings page.

Ryan-Coinpal

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 05:13:11 AM

Head on over to 99designs.co.uk - If you are willing to pay 10K, you will get multiple choices of th 'platinum' standard, meaning only the best of the best from the website.

Hope you can find what you are looking for.  Smiley
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1295

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:06:13 AM

Sounds cool Smiley

I am a bit worried that I might put a lot of time on it and then end up not winning it.. so I will still consider.

teddmarketing.com (OP)

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:56:50 PM

Sounds cool Smiley

I am a bit worried that I might put a lot of time on it and then end up not winning it.. so I will still consider.

Dear NLNico!

The first thing you should do is just a sketch.  If we see a sticky idea, we won’t assume it to be gone, even if there will be a bunch of good ideas.
It is in our interests to identify all the best, because your talent is a trump card for everybody.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Looking forward to you and your ideas!

browep

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 12:21:03 AM

View and edit the user’s hitbtc profile

still not sure how to accomplish this, don't see anything in the api about it.

Thanks
teddmarketing.com (OP)

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:22:13 AM

View and edit the user’s hitbtc profile

still not sure how to accomplish this, don't see anything in the api about it.

Thanks

Dear browep!

We decided to take this point away from the requirements. You don’t need to refer to the profile.

Stay in touch!

Lotus

Activity: 107
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:40:41 AM

I see that you are allowing iPhone apps but not Windows Phone apps in this challenge. Why is that the case, given Apple's anti-bitcoin stance?

Forgotten Crypt - Zero-Trust trading. Take the guesswork out of trading.
http://www.ForgottenCrypt.com
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1295

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:57:26 AM

Windows Phone's market share is very small.

teddmarketing.com (OP)

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:24:22 PM

I see that you are allowing iPhone apps but not Windows Phone apps in this challenge. Why is that the case, given Apple's anti-bitcoin stance?

Dear Lotus!

Unfortunately, there are some reasons why Windows Phone Marketplace is out of our interest now or ever. We have enough information to make a conclusion that there is weak demand among apps developers to build for this platform.

Thank you for your interest!

Lotus

Activity: 107
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:33:24 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

I can see your point. Android is a given. iPhone is the dev's favorite platform (obviously not for Bitcoins in particular since Apple is banning the apps, but I guess you're going for Jailbroken phones) due to its already stable ecosystem and relatively big "paying" audience.

However, it seems that the second point is not going to last for long: http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-market-share-shrinks-as-android-windows-phone-grow/

You may want to consider it again in the future Smiley

Forgotten Crypt - Zero-Trust trading. Take the guesswork out of trading.
http://www.ForgottenCrypt.com
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:59:12 PM

Challenge Summary
   •   Display graphs
   •   Update information in real time
   •   Show the tickers
   •   Allow users to place buy and sell orders, including choosing the order type (e.g. market or limit)
   •   Display the user’s account

iOS
The application must be implemented in Objective C and use the hitbtc API available at http://hitbtc-com.github.io/hitbtc-api/ to the extent described in the task. The application should be compatible with all devices running iOS 4.0 and higher. The app must support both the Retina and standard resolution screens.

you are funny. You will wait for iOS version infinitely with such contradictorary requirements.

I suggest you delete buying/selling and change the last requirement to iOS 6.0 or higher.
teddmarketing.com (OP)

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:06:09 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

I can see your point. Android is a given. iPhone is the dev's favorite platform (obviously not for Bitcoins in particular since Apple is banning the apps, but I guess you're going for Jailbroken phones) due to its already stable ecosystem and relatively big "paying" audience.

However, it seems that the second point is not going to last for long: http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-market-share-shrinks-as-android-windows-phone-grow/

You may want to consider it again in the future Smiley

Dear Lotus!

Thank you for the information. We do not make predictions, however, we are doing our best to keep the track of events and news as we realize the rapid development of technology due to the market specifics.

teddmarketing.com (OP)

TeddMarketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 03:15:04 PM

Challenge Summary
   •   Display graphs
   •   Update information in real time
   •   Show the tickers
   •   Allow users to place buy and sell orders, including choosing the order type (e.g. market or limit)
   •   Display the user’s account

iOS

you are funny. You will wait for iOS version infinitely with such contradictorary requirements.

I suggest you delete buying/selling and change the last requirement to iOS 6.0 or higher.

Dear Gargo!

We are flexible and willing to consider any ideas which may help us make the Requirements and Challenge Rules more convenient for developers. Constructive suggestions inspire us.
However, if we delete buying/selling it will not be trader app anymore, what contradicts main idea of the app.
As for changing the requirement to iOS 6.0 or higher, your advice is reasonable. We will update this requirement soon.

Thank you for being so attentive to details.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: