Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you buy Japanese Chocolate With Crypto-Coins?
Yes - 5 (83.3%)
No - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you buy Japanese Chocolate With Crypto-Coins?  (Read 1158 times)
Japanese Chocolate Bars (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 05:52:06 PM

Would you buy Japanese Chocolate With Crypto-Coins?
www.satoshimart.wordpress.com
edutBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:37:43 PM

yes

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 07:49:38 PM

No, the price for the shipping is not worth the order. As nice as it would be to get some choc for my BTC, but .14 for delivery? No thanks

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:52:51 AM

Green tea kit kats?
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:00:49 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 03:02:08 PM by Prolifik

If the of cost shipping wasn't ridiculous, yes.

Flashman

Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:49:12 PM

No, the price for the shipping is not worth the order. As nice as it would be to get some choc for my BTC, but .14 for delivery? No thanks

That's 0.014 ~ $7, not super ridiculous for international small packet.... and why you'd want to order 10 for same shipping price.... all in for 10 bars, $17ish so about $1.70 per 55g bar. So considering the "higher end" mass retail swiss, german, belgian etc chocolate is around $3 for 90g AFAICR then it's in the same ballpark.

But as always caveat emptor.

If I was trying to get this off the ground, I'd do a Willy Wonka and print up some paper wallet sleeves for the chocolate, random values, the "golden ticket" would probably only be 0.1 or so, but it would make it more fun.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Denni

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:17:08 PM

What's so special about the Japanese chocolate? Little girl panties flavor ? -,-

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:16:02 PM

If the of cost shipping wasn't ridiculous, yes.

It is much lower than average Ebay shipping cost. And remember, Chocolate bars require specialized packing before the shipment.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 04:22:53 PM

I'm not bothered about the packaging cost because I know how much it costs to send stuff internationally, especially if it's perishable, I can see the appeal to some because Bitcoin is going to be a classic method of being able to get items you can only get in certain countries but I'm not really that interested in chocolate from another country Cheesy

OP, you're looking at a very niche market there, you may want to also look at other stuff to export from Japan if you want to make some money and get more interest.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:28:09 PM

OP, you're looking at a very niche market there, you may want to also look at other stuff to export from Japan if you want to make some money and get more interest.

Probably a niche of about 5 BTC holders who've ever visited Japan, tasted the chocolate and liked it better than Cadbury's, Hershey's etc... or expats.

.. and the 3 people who are curious.

Judging by magazine cover buzz, there's about to be a sashimi health food kick, so "authentic" seaweed wraps, spices, herbs, and other less perishable ingredients for that kind of thing might go down well.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
pbj sammich

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:46:56 PM

I'd love some too, but that shipping is a deal breaker
wnetwork

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

There are some Asian markets here in USA do have foods shipped from Japan and elsewhere. Of course, not all foods are available like Kit Kats (I got green tea kit kat from hmart), and mt dew cheetos which I bought on eBay (shipped from Japan). I also buy from Japan Country store at Epcot *Disney* whenever I'm there like ramune. Anythings that can melt, I only buy during cool-cold months.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:57:36 PM

Probably a niche of about 5 BTC holders who've ever visited Japan, tasted the chocolate and liked it better than Cadbury's, Hershey's etc... or expats.

.. and the 3 people who are curious.

Judging by magazine cover buzz, there's about to be a sashimi health food kick, so "authentic" seaweed wraps, spices, herbs, and other less perishable ingredients for that kind of thing might go down well.

I'm one of these 5 persons Cheesy
Green tea flavoured chocolate is truly wonderful. Sadly the website offers only milk chocolate Sad

If by any chance you'll also offer rice koji and umeboshi, I'll be a buyer for sure.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:19:49 AM

Definitely a niche product, unless it came with some crazy raffle prize for buying that chocolate. I dont see the difference, besides some imprint cause most coco used are the same. A good majority, unless you can seriously taste a big difference.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:25:35 AM

Definitely a niche product, unless it came with some crazy raffle prize for buying that chocolate. I dont see the difference, besides some imprint cause most coco used are the same. A good majority, unless you can seriously taste a big difference.

Japanese milk chocolate is indeed very similar to the american version. What's interesting though, is the bigger choice of flavour (especially green tea).
But the website does not provide that.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:49:51 AM

That's 0.014 ~ $7, not super ridiculous for international small packet.... and why you'd want to order 10 for same shipping price.... all in for 10 bars, $17ish so about $1.70 per 55g bar. So considering the "higher end" mass retail swiss, german, belgian etc chocolate is around $3 for 90g AFAICR then it's in the same ballpark.

But as always caveat emptor.

If I was trying to get this off the ground, I'd do a Willy Wonka and print up some paper wallet sleeves for the chocolate, random values, the "golden ticket" would probably only be 0.1 or so, but it would make it more fun.

Looks like the price was changed, still for $1.70 i could just go to the next store and buy 2 55g bars easily, but that might be because swiss and beligium are neibours Wink

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:41:29 AM

Looks like the price was changed, still for $1.70 i could just go to the next store and buy 2 55g bars easily, but that might be because swiss and beligium are neibours Wink

The Swiss and Belgian varieties are not as exotic as the Japanese ones. If you want to try out the Japanese chocolate, then you'll have to dish out a few bucks more. (Will make more sense to chocoholics).
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:37:10 AM

The Swiss and Belgian varieties are not as exotic as the Japanese ones. If you want to try out the Japanese chocolate, then you'll have to dish out a few bucks more. (Will make more sense to chocoholics).

Thats true, chocolate from japan is more expensive. The price is ~11.4 USD per 100g, thats for white choclate with green tea though. But thats also available within 30 minutes. Im pretty sure they or similar stores can get me Meiji for a price lower or similar to the one at Satoshimart. But they will problably not accept BTC :C
A well I guess the price is pretty good considering worldwide shipping.

johnnicholss

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:41:25 AM

Maybe if i am from japan. But for me the shipping cost is higher than your chocolate cost.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:51:59 AM

maybe Swiss choc? The Japanese aren't exactly famous for their chocs.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: