Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:20:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Bobby Lee Confirms Bitcoin China Ban, It's finally Happened  (Read 5608 times)
impulse

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:06:11 PM

The quote I provided very clearly states that it is not banned.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:06:36 PM

The denial by bitcoiners here is amazing don't be so emotional. Read the damn article, the exchanges are seeking to move overseas even, if banks are banned how do people deposit money or withdraw money, of course bitcoin trading is legal they can't stop it but if I can't get ur money in or out what's the fucking use.

Read:

"Making it clear that domestic banks cannot provide clearing, account opening and other services for bitcoin exchanges, however, leaves exchanges with significantly less room to maneuver"

You don't have anything else to do? I assume you have sold your coins long time ago, now why are you even here?
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:06:57 PM

From the article:

"One of the people familiar with the latest directive said that the central bank does not intend to ban bitcoin trading in China, and said the move is to "enforce what was already said in the December document." That document had said bitcoin is not a currency with "real meaning" and does not have the same legal status as a currency, but that the public is free to buy and sell bitcoin online provided that they accept the risk."

Bitcoin is not banned in China. China is now enforcing rules they put in place that say banks and similar institutions can not offer bitcoin accounts or transact in bitcoin.

The same rules apply for gold. Chinese banks can not open 'gold' accounts in the same manner as yen. Gold is a commodity and operates through that infrastructure. China is doing the same for bitcoin.

If you think bitcoin is "banned" in China, then you also would have to believe that gold is banned in China, which is absurd...

Edit: Impulse beat me to the exact same quote. That's two people that saw this right away, wonder why the OP didn't

+1

COmOTARdOpiLiS wrong once again

OBJECT NOT FOUND
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:08:46 PM

oh chit

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:09:46 PM

So we finally received a third(?) confirmation that, whether bitcoin is banned in China is still open to debate on the forums?

Just what I was waiting for!

**Hurries to buy and/or sell all the bitcoins**

YipYip

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:10:58 PM

Actually, the article reaffirms the fact that bitcoin is NOT banned in China, but that they are clarifying their position as per the guidance they put forth in December:

One of the people familiar with the latest directive said that the central bank does not intend to ban bitcoin trading in China, and said the move is to "enforce what was already said in the December document." That document had said bitcoin is not a currency with "real meaning" and does not have the same legal status as a currency, but that the public is free to buy and sell bitcoin online provided that they accept the risk.

The denial by bitcoiners here is amazing don't be so emotional. Read the damn article, the exchanges are seeking to move overseas even, if banks are banned how do people deposit money or withdraw money, of course bitcoin trading is legal they can't stop it but if u can't get ur money in or out what's the fucking use.

Read:

"Making it clear that domestic banks cannot provide clearing, account opening and other services for bitcoin exchanges, however, leaves exchanges with significantly less room to maneuver"

Now ur comparing Gold to bitcoin, yeah a gold store can still deal with banks but a bit coin exchange can't.

I'm not gonna argue with idiots anymore, the news is real take it or leave it.

Comotard ever heard how the market will price in any REAL news

See how your NEWS has had no effect ...I lol on your failed attempts...

I am sorry you lost money just shows that you are stupid ....I know missery loves company but you are wrong once again

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Wyld

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:11:20 PM

Where's Proudhon? We need some newses confirmed here!
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:12:46 PM

Most of the people still don´t get it. It´s not about the news that will push the market downwards, it´s about the chinese money that will leave the market in a few days.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

From the article:

"One of the people familiar with the latest directive said that the central bank does not intend to ban bitcoin trading in China, and said the move is to "enforce what was already said in the December document." That document had said bitcoin is not a currency with "real meaning" and does not have the same legal status as a currency, but that the public is free to buy and sell bitcoin online provided that they accept the risk."

Bitcoin is not banned in China. China is now enforcing rules they put in place that say banks and similar institutions can not offer bitcoin accounts or transact in bitcoin.

The same rules apply for gold. Chinese banks can not open 'gold' accounts in the same manner as yen. Gold is a commodity and operates through that infrastructure. China is doing the same for bitcoin.

If you think bitcoin is "banned" in China, then you also would have to believe that gold is banned in China, which is absurd...

Edit: Impulse beat me to the exact same quote. That's two people that saw this right away, wonder why the OP didn't

wonder why the OP didn't...
Perhaps OP is trying to deceive people?

cosmofly (OP)

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:14:18 PM

Most of the people still don´t get it. It´s not about the news that will push the market downwards, it´s about the chinese money that will leave the market in a few days.

+100

impulse

Activity: 151

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:14:41 PM

Perhaps not:

http://jingdaily.com/chinas-unstoppable-gold-buying-aunties-move-onto-bitcoins/
YipYip

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:16:24 PM

Wheel out sockpuppet num#2 account

The market knows everything ... and its says you are wrong

Thems the facts ComOTard

OBJECT NOT FOUND
cosmofly (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:19:33 PM

From the article:

wonder why the OP didn't...
Perhaps OP is trying to deceive people?

"
OKCoin CEO Xu Mingxing said that if Chinese exchanges can't accept money into corporate accounts, they would likely have to incorporate themselves abroad and also move their servers overseas. "

No banks allowed to deal with exchanges = pretty much a fucking ban

Why else would okcoin CEO want to move overseas

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:20:42 PM

I don't think chinese would like to sell a currency that is worldwide accepted and can be cashed in any part of world.
cosmofly (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

Wheel out sockpuppet num#2 account

The market knows everything ... and its says you are wrong

Yip

Fonzie is not me, also all the other accounts you accuse of being me. I think its not fair to them as they are their own people, think about it

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:32:01 PM

I like how today is April Fools so I just cautiously thought its a trap  Grin

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

This China banning Bitcoin issue has been going on for 4 months already. It may very well turn out to be: Sell the rumour and buy the news.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:34:37 PM

I like how today is April Fools so I just cautiously thought its a trap  Grin

PBOC playing April fools?  Cheesy

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:36:29 PM

So tell me, why do the markets say 'meh' at the moment? There is no sharp response whatsoever, which gives rise to the idea that at least most of the risk is already priced in. I believe we are gonna stay around 450-500 until the 15th, only to rise rapidly afterwards.

To be fair the Chinese start trading few hours from now, so any reaction won't be this very moment.

But the bad news could be already priced in, I posted earlier about how i think $400 looks like a solid floor as every bad news (even gox) failed to breach.

fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:38:21 PM

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: