Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:33:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked/Stolen bitcoin(s)  (Read 1628 times)
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:29:37 PM

Did you make any btc transactions yourself near the time (within a couple of days) of these transactions?

Maseo (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:51:15 PM

Did you make any btc transactions yourself near the time (within a couple of days) of these transactions?

Yes i did, but 4 days before, the 27th, was my last (own) transaction (outwards), since then only receiving, untill that moment on the 31st, which i wasn't..
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 04:53:06 AM

Yes i did, but 4 days before, the 27th, was my last (own) transaction (outwards), since then only receiving, untill that moment on the 31st, which i wasn't..

So the money is on this adress: 1FmMasfuEE6wtpzdWiVnDynfJ5tyyVbhP3
and there is "only" 0.56 BTC. That does not sound like a hacker to me. They would have moved the money and switched adresses several times. Do you have backups of your wallet(s)?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:10:48 AM

Im guessing your pc is infected. Maybe d virus created the Tx on your pc using ur address as change.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:31:48 AM

very sorry to hear about your issues.  I also have issues that need to be addressed and my security is probably the same as yours and my virus protection has been acting sketchy lately.  Bet thing I can think of is store coins in an offline wallet for maximum security and only have some funds in a less secure wallet to be safe in the future.
Onews1990

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:53:41 AM

I doubt you will be able to get it back, bitcoin is a one-way payment system and it can't be sent back without acceptance of the other person.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:04:22 PM

I doubt you will be able to get it back, bitcoin is a one-way payment system and it can't be sent back without acceptance of the other person.

... it your theory would be the truth - how it is possible that someone steals your BTC? Smiley

Maseo (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:06:17 PM

So the money is on this adress: 1FmMasfuEE6wtpzdWiVnDynfJ5tyyVbhP3
and there is "only" 0.56 BTC. That does not sound like a hacker to me. They would have moved the money and switched adresses several times. Do you have backups of your wallet(s)?
I wish i had a backup, but i dont..

Im guessing your pc is infected. Maybe d virus created the Tx on your pc using ur address as change.

I have no idea what could've happened on this one, except that my pc is as clean as a whistle. Hitman Pro found nothing, Avira found nothing, Spybot found nothing. So.. i don't know.

You're right.

Respons from blockchain.info:
I am sorry to hear of these transactions that you did not initiate. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as blockchain.info. By design, Blockchain.info never has access to users' accounts or bitcoins. If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your bitcoins are safe with blockchain.info. There is also no way to reverse a bitcoin transaction. In the future, to ensure your account is protected with an extra layer of security, always enable two factor authentication. I would also highly advise against ever using this compromised wallet again, as someone else clearly has the private keys in it. I wish more could be done to get your funds back to you, but the nature of bitcoin makes it nearly impossible.
kiwidoge

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:36:25 AM

I'm very sorry to hear this happened to you. IT has a strange feeling to it, almost as if there was some error or bug that sent your coins? My questions are:

Was your computer on when this happened?

Was your wallet online when this happened? if yes, Why do you leave the wallet online? And is the wallet encrypted?

What wallets are you using? Have you downloaded any altcoin wallets recently?

Again, I'm sorry this happened. If you can provide some more information we might be able to make some more conclusions.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:40:11 AM

Probably an infected computer. Some AV wont detect new malware,

please unban me.
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:43:17 AM

Or the hacker had access to your email and wallet backup

please unban me.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:35:34 PM

I'm sorry dude, all you can do now is google his adress in order to track him down and make contact  Undecided

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: