Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:46:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you support a coin that can be mined fairly by any of 5 different algos?  (Read 461 times)
neuroMode (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:28:23 PM

Then go mine MyriadCoin. You haven't seen anything like it before.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:56:45 PM

Can you tell me why this is so special?

Thanks!
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

Can you tell me why this is so special?

Thanks!
it actually has 5 algorithms with 5 different difficulties at the same time

that means it's harder to take over, especially when scrypt asics come out since you'd need sha-256d asics, scrypt asics and GPU farms to take over the network (from a theoretical point of view it would be even better if there was a CPU algorithm)
besides, no one pool can be 51% of the network so it's not even a concern like the ghash.io thing was with bitcoin

myriad-groestl algorithm saves a lot of power too, almost half of the wattage of scrypt on my machine (380 watt mining scrypt, 220 watt on myriad-groestl)
WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

I feel MYR has a bright future ahead, when scrypt asics enters the scene.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 03:10:34 PM

well I think this is interesting - but you must know this sounds not very easy to be stable..
If you can make it good - this is interesting idea.

I will support. IF it will work.
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:04:00 PM

well I think this is interesting - but you must know this sounds not very easy to be stable..
If you can make it good - this is interesting idea.

I will support. IF it will work.
it had one of the one pools not work on one of the algos... the other 4 algos still processed transactions

it's actually more stable than most new coins because of how the network can operate even if there's something wrong with 1 or two algos
whatever was going to happen to auroracoin is much harder to pull off... the other algos give timestamps of blocks
whatever happens to coins that get multipool mined is also not a concern, if scrypt difficulty raises, the blocks still get processed even if scrypt algo gets abandoned by the miners for a little bit (the difficulty will eventually get dropped)

from a security and stability stand-point this coin is a definite stand-out
disclaimer: I own like 100 of them from mining and I'm just selling them as I mine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: