Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:04:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of alternate coins..  (Read 681 times)
dannyspk (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:00:48 PM

As this has been discussed earlier, so far the alternate coins have helped BTC to gain more momentum and allowed more and more people to get into the crypto world. I know this has been denied back and forth but I can't refuse how people I knew went apeshit crazy about Dogecoin and how it's such a great thing to buy it when it's so cheap. Of course, you can't buy them with usd yet and you have to enter you fiat into Bitcoin ecosystem in order to get any alt coin. Now, what my point is that given the recent influx of smart minds entering in this field, I think by the Q4 of this year, we'll see a wide range of payment options even for the major alt-coins. Does this mean we'll see a market capitalization of these coins apart from the value in BTC? We also witnessed an average of 2000% increase in the price of several alt-coins. Do you think big investors would be buying them cheap right now just to have a larger position in the future in case one of these alts goes completely viral?

Feel free to pump/boost about your favorite alt-coin.. I'm trying to assess different sentiments in these bearish times.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:02:28 PM

As this has been discussed earlier, so far the alternate coins have helped BTC to gain more momentum and allowed more and more people to get into the crypto world. I know this has been denied back and forth but I can't refuse how people I knew went apeshit crazy about Dogecoin and how it's such a great thing to buy it when it's so cheap. Of course, you can't buy them with usd yet and you have to enter you fiat into Bitcoin ecosystem in order to get any alt coin. Now, what my point is that given the recent influx of smart minds entering in this field, I think by the Q4 of this year, we'll see a wide range of payment options even for the major alt-coins. Does this mean we'll see a market capitalization of these coins apart from the value in BTC? We also witnessed an average of 2000% increase in the price of several alt-coins. Do you think big investors would be buying them cheap right now just to have a larger position in the future in case one of these alts goes completely viral?

Feel free to pump/boost about your favorite alt-coin.. I'm trying to assess different sentiments in these bearish times.

oh god please don't open the flood gates for the socks puppets .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 11:05:00 PM

I assure you, not a sock puppet  Grin
But im personally banking on primarily HIRO right now. Primarily because of the x11 algo xD

zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Community

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:23:17 PM

Currently, everyone wait the day 4/15 coming. If it can help BTC come to standard other than forbid, it would be in a prosperous time.

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 11:37:53 PM

Currently, everyone wait the day 4/15 coming. If it can help BTC come to standard other than forbid, it would be in a prosperous time.

Whats special about the 15th of this month?

cryptowho

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:40:27 PM

Karmacoin has a future. But not the future you are looking for

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
precrime3

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 11:42:13 PM

STill so confused.... So something special with Karmacoin? That explains the recent volume increase on marketcap, but what is it?

coinnewbit

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:51:50 PM

I think most coins will die out due to lack of interest and competition
s4w3d0ff

Activity: 322

Spray and Pray

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:36:29 AM

I think most coins will die out due to lack of interest and competition

I agree most are simple "fads" and will never be adopted as a true currency

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:34:31 AM

ltc, nmc are traded against euro on kraken. Yes it may help for them to become more independant from btc. I think new alts fly in the shadow of btc until they have a decent size and then start to be traded against fiat which ultimately helps them to become more independant.
Those alts still small and only traded for btc are seen as derivates and i think we have just hit the bottom and as bitcoin rises, new money comes in and altcoins in general will also rise. We have some nice green colour today at coinmarketcap.com
everything exactly how expected. Bitcoin up 5% - no fake rise ... alts follow with around 10-20% gains average ...
becker

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:25:42 AM

I think 99% of alt coins will disappear. Really there are only a few real coins out there that offer anything unique.

I'll be glad when the day comes when there are no more scrypt clones, that do nothing new, and just tweak the coin amount and interval.

IMO, the flood of alts turns people off to crypto, as it makes the whole thing look like a joke.

Anyway, I'm no longer going to mine any coin that isn't original in some regard. That eliminates most of them.
zhouhuiyan520

Community

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:13:28 PM

Whats special about the 15th of this month?

The bank of China want to stop the bank account which use to exchange anything related to BTC...this would cause scare!!

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:16:49 PM

To be honest I hope some altcoins do stay around and keep going up in price. Niche based coins (If effort is put into them) can really open up a whole new market. (For example buying Gold Bullion with CGB etc.) to an extent ofcourse. (Inb4 mcdonaldscoin)
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:28:46 PM

I think It'll be two coins per type.

Traditional mining
PoS
PoI

There's really maybe only room for 6 to 8 coins tops.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
SuperKing

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:44:10 PM

I think altcoin will exist for a long time and continuous development.
Qualitative from quantitative.
In the future there will emerge a new altcoin.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. T4RUpqFJdQ627N4HJSXxUqDn4qCveZ4Qs5
dspair

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:13:23 PM

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:00:35 PM

I think It'll be two coins per type.

Traditional mining
PoS
PoI

There's really maybe only room for 6 to 8 coins tops.

There will be no mining in the future.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: