Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reviving faded coins  (Read 1782 times)
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:42:47 PM

I cannot find the thread now, but I read posts by people considering doing this a month or two ago. They were looking at one of those coins with an extremely low number of total coins like 66 coin or 42 coin.
pr9me

Activity: 369

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:40:34 PM

ONC?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:43:35 PM

I cannot find the thread now, but I read posts by people considering doing this a month or two ago. They were looking at one of those coins with an extremely low number of total coins like 66 coin or 42 coin.

42 isn't nearly dead enough for a legit takeover.

poncom

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:34:58 PM

42 isn't nearly dead enough for a legit takeover.

42 was one of the first with the idea, but there are loads of similar coins like 888 coin on cryptorush. I cannot remember the names of the others. I'm sure you would find loads more if looking through a few crap exchanges. Cryptorush seems pretty crap nowadays and its got 888 coin.
poncom

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Sorry, I just checked cryptorush and 888 actually seems to have way more than 888 coins. I just assumed it had that number because of it's similarity to 42. It's official name is octocoin so I can see where they get the 888 from now. I never heard of it before I looked on cryptorush.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:12:44 PM

GRW - Growthcoin is being revived.
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:27:14 PM

I always liked this coin, don't know why.... maybe because of the movie?

"remember remember the 5th of November" MEME Coin

poop
gielbier

Activity: 914

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:11:44 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 08:23:51 PM by gielbier

Well, currently skeincoin isn't getting the attention it deserves imho. So i'm buying it, for a userreward program, in my current work project. Maybe ppl should do more with a coin, then just look at the value at an exchange.

Just saying:
SkeinCoin:
Dev:Red Kendra
GPUMinerDev (POCLBM/Cgminer): Reorder
18 M coins, no premine, started 1 Nov. 24.8% mined atm. (4.5M)
traded at atomic.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
catoshi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:03:40 PM

Thats what happen with Catcoin,  No premine - dev didnt make cash and abandon the project,  however CAT has such a strong name that a professional dev group took over and implemented the first PID Algo.  Now cats will take over the bitcoin forum!

CATS RULE - DOGS DRULE!
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:07:55 PM

There is a member here that has been doing that. My take was he bought tons at 1sat, "revived" the coin that the dev skipped on, and profited. I will try to find it again.

edit - I must have dreamed this. I can't find now. I remember the member had all of the coins they revived in their signature.

Not a dream - check sig - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=158610

He/she is dev for sherlockcoin and has been involved with revive of 5 other coins.
poncom

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:15:50 AM

There is a member here that has been doing that. My take was he bought tons at 1sat, "revived" the coin that the dev skipped on, and profited. I will try to find it again.

edit - I must have dreamed this. I can't find now. I remember the member had all of the coins they revived in their signature.

Not a dream - check sig - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=158610

He/she is dev for sherlockcoin and has been involved with revive of 5 other coins.

This dev is trying to revive both astrocoin and beecoin. They are both dirt cheap right now and I was wondering whether to invest in them in the hope the dev's work will raise their value.

However, androids tokens was revived by a new dev team and it has gone down in value since then. The devs did a great job but maybe the falling price of bitcoin drove androids tokens price down.

All the alts seem to be falling in value and I'm just not sure if astrocoin and beecoin stand a chance of rising in value.
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:47:29 AM

I have thought about doing this for a little while to one particular coin although there is not much I can do. It is already pow/pos and has really good features, it just isnt picked up by the community. I was thinking about starting a few places that accept the coin although this can be really expensive. Maybe I could write a few articles and get it accepted in shops already out there. What do you guys reccon is a good way to do this?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:50:53 AM

I have thought about doing this for a little while to one particular coin although there is not much I can do. It is already pow/pos and has really good features, it just isnt picked up by the community. I was thinking about starting a few places that accept the coin although this can be really expensive. Maybe I could write a few articles and get it accepted in shops already out there. What do you guys reccon is a good way to do this?

Give it a try.
The effort of one person can sometimes make a huge difference.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: