Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:09:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mintcoin vs Blackcoin  (Read 1162 times)
Suliman (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:01:02 AM

Who can explain me what really benefits have MintCoin on Blackoin. It's look like they are very similar, and difference between them only in number of coins and time of generation PoS blocks.

For me it's not so big differences.

Also I have few question:
1. Where I could look at when all coins will be generated with the current hash power of network?
2. Am I right understand that all blackcoins are already minned and now only time of PoS coin generation?
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:27:54 AM

Mintcoin vs ECC

Blackcoin vs the big NXT

wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:31:34 AM

Price difference?
One is pure POS and one is hybrid POS/POW
Mintcoin started first?
Mintcoin has a much more active community
Mintcoin still has a large unspent premine to use for significant improvements.
Stake difference: 1% vs 30% decreasing
Coin life.
Mintcoin has a 4 x longer distribution time.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:50:08 AM

yes hashco.ws mined all the blackcoins in a week and now you must buy for 6000 satoshi. Nevermind that communities built in a week are just bagholders hoping to dump a little higher and the price has already been pumped up by whale bagholders and multipool hype. I'm sure it will just keep going up and up forever.
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:59:40 AM

Mintcoin vs ECC

Blackcoin vs the big NXT

what..?
Suliman (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:05:03 PM

Coin life.
What do you mean by coin life?
Where I can look at coin distribution time?
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:12:16 PM

Price difference?
One is pure POS and one is hybrid POS/POW
Mintcoin started first?
Mintcoin has a much more active community
Stake difference: 1% vs 30% decreasing
Coin life.

Mintcoin started first?
What started 1st ?...
You know there are coins like PPC,Nova,HBN,BCX... POW/POS mint have just different parameters from them.

Mintcoin has a much more active community.
Relay i don't think so but all have their personal opinion...
I see many events around both coins.

Hmm show that dev premined 700m wallet ^^ and how much is in it it should be simple.

Stake difference: 1% vs 20% decreasing
Just mean mint more produce new coins while BC is almost deflationary coin.

Coin life.
What please explain???

Sure but when you keep look closer then you can count that:
BC 100% distributed in 10day
Mint 63% distributed in 10day 37% in rest 25 ^^.

Main difference is economy BC is for holding in long run and is considering like store of value while Mint is for minitig new coins that is its green concept...

0% premine vs 4.5%(effective 1%pre +  POS 3.5%) ... 0% means all in hands of community while premine you mu trust and count on Dev mostly
But most successful coins are not premined note that Doge,LTC,Vtc...

For me if you are looking for store of value go BC if you are looking for green mining by Pos try Mint or ( HBN,Nova,BCX)

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Djinou94
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:14:58 PM

EBT started first

The best is EBT !

First Pow&Pos
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:18:11 PM

EBT started first

The best is EBT !

First Pow&Pos
Not PPC ? try check date of PPC and EBT ^^.
PPC is father for all POS/POW hibryds correct me if i am wrong.

Suliman (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:24:24 PM

>Coin life.
>What please explain???
I do not know what to understand by "Coin life". The time when it's alive or what?

Who can explain, if all coins are distributes in such small time (just 10-20 days) what is the reason of it's grow?

For example Litecoin and Bitcoin afaik as very-very far from end of finishing of it's mining, but mint and bc are already minned. Why it's grow?
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:28:19 PM

Who can explain me what really benefits have MintCoin on Blackoin. It's look like they are very similar, and difference between them only in number of coins and time of generation PoS blocks.

For me it's not so big differences.

Also I have few question:
1. Where I could look at when all coins will be generated with the current hash power of network?
2. Am I right understand that all blackcoins are already minned and now only time of PoS coin generation?

Block explorer is the tool you needed.Try spot block difficulty.
BC had hash rate like 3GHS in 1st day...7 2nd..up up...50GHs 5day then down to 20-10 Ghs to the end...

Yes new coins only from POS 1% annual.
Some inflation is needed to keep POS alive and pay people for runing PC in that year.
But innovation like bcmooltipool is mining other coins to buy you BC from market at lowest price.
Today BC need about 0.3BTC to buy all new coins and same time Mint 4BTC to buy all even BC price is higher.
BC 74m coins vs 70bln Mint.

XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:37:16 PM

>Coin life.
>What please explain???
I do not know what to understand by "Coin life". The time when it's alive or what?

Who can explain, if all coins are distributes in such small time (just 10-20 days) what is the reason of it's grow?

For example Litecoin and Bitcoin afaik as very-very far from end of finishing of it's mining, but mint and bc are already minned. Why it's grow?

So NXT,MSC,Ripple 100% premined coins collapse and die  in your theory but they are living and they will...
Preminig,IPO,Minig this is just only initial distribution people looking at community and they joining.
you know 1st BTC pizza was for 10000 BTC... it took time to divide that coins into new people.

People will sell on high and new people will buy on depth that is how those coins works even BTC,Mint or BC and NXT works same way.

Mint promotion point is green minig.
Bc promotion point is store wealth in it.

If someone need something like that then he will buy coins he needed.
Even 100% premine coins are growing look at NXT...this is happening.
POS needed community to expand that is all.

minerfool

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:31:54 PM

Mintcoin was premined and Blackcoin was instamined ... both have weaknesses.

It looks that the instamine though skewed the distribution pretty bad, as they only have
200+ users on reddit while mintcoin has over 800+, so mintcoin's community is 4 times bigger.

Current price BC ~ 7000 and Mint ~ 15, to double BC needs to go to 14000 and Mint only 30.
Much better chance to double your gains with Mint, since it has traded up to 60 sats before ... BC's high
was about 9300.

BC claims to be a store of wealth, Mintcoin pays you 20% interest to store your wealth, BC only 1% ...

wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:41:32 PM

What started 1st ?...
You know there are coins like PPC,Nova,HBN,BCX... POW/POS mint have just different parameters from them.

He asked for difference between bc and mint, just highlighting the differences. And of course I know that.

Hmm show that dev premined 700m wallet ^^ and how much is in it it should be simple.

That may be difficult when they have been converted to Euros already for the mintfund ^^

Stake difference: 1% vs 20% decreasing[/size]
Just mean mint more produce new coins while BC is almost deflationary coin.

It just means mint produces less and less coins each year, like bitcoin, except in POS not POW.

Coin life.
What please explain???

Like I said, I was pointing to OP the differences in coins. Both coins have different lifespan, mintcoin life is expected to keeping minting for 40 years. Im not sure of blackcoin's lifespan.

BC 100% distributed in 10day
Mint 63% distributed in 10day 37% in rest 25 ^^.

yes, a different distribution model! One distributed in 10 days, one in 35!

Main difference is economy BC is for holding in long run and is considering like store of value while Mint is for minitig new coins that is its green concept...

what do you mean "economy BC holding for long run"? Do you not think mint people are holding for long run too? Your point here is moot.

0% premine vs 4.5%(effective 1%pre +  POS 3.5%) ... 0% means all in hands of community while premine you mu trust and count on Dev mostly
But most successful coins are not premined note that Doge,LTC,Vtc...

Its a shame you had to turn this into a dick measuring contest when all this was simply a compare and contrast post. You are mistaken the the Dev actually at mint has been quite straight forward and has not used the premine, but instead held it to create the mintfund, for quality bounties and the like. That's why mintcoin is alot more high quality than black, we had the coin to pay for it and we have alot more to use as time goes by.

For me if you are looking for store of value go BC if you are looking for green mining by Pos try Mint or ( HBN,Nova,BCX)

Store of value? What? That's simply just not true. These are both currency, and both have merchants. Both are invested in and the main difference in price is simply due to the fact that BC has less coins.

Suliman (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:44:40 PM

So who can explain why if Mint have few advantages BlackCoin price is growing much faster, while Mint was dumped? I am trying to understand the reasons of it.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:25:53 PM

So who can explain why if Mint have few advantages BlackCoin price is growing much faster, while Mint was dumped? I am trying to understand the reasons of it.

Probably because somebody with over a million blackcoins been trying to keep the price sky high. Look at the charts high volume dumps and then immediate low volume pumps. Somebody proping BC up for now. Mint was already pumped and dumped and now is fairly stable currency and I think fairly priced. BC still a bit too high for what it really offers, I'll probably wait to buy my BC after some of the big bagholders crash it.
Suliman (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:36:40 PM

So Mint would rise only when developers will provide more services there it would be accept. If no, people would not have interest to buy it and price will not grow. Am I right understand the situation?

And are anybody think that Litecoin had success if it was totally minned one ago? I think no. Mining is give additional attention to coin. If all coins minned, people do not interest in it so much.
Vann

Merit: 606

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:50:06 PM

Crypto valuations are fundamentally based on innovation and scarcity. I believe BC current valuation compared to MINT has mostly to do with the latter. We aren't talking about companies with real assets and customers or fiat currency backed by GDP and guns. Any valuations ascribed to crypto, especially one without significant innovation is entirely speculative and highly subjective.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:20:14 PM

Crypto valuations are fundamentally based on innovation and scarcity.

I'm sorry but this portion of what you said is flat out wrong. Crypto values are currently based almost 100% on trader manipulation behind the scenes, with the exception of MAYBE bitcoin and litecoin due to their age and comparative maturity (name recognition, merchant acceptance, etc) when compared to coins that have been out less than 6 months.
Vann

Merit: 606

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:27:06 PM

Crypto valuations are fundamentally based on innovation and scarcity.

I'm sorry but this portion of what you said is flat out wrong. Crypto values are currently based almost 100% on trader manipulation behind the scenes, with the exception of MAYBE bitcoin and litecoin due to their age and comparative maturity (name recognition, merchant acceptance, etc) when compared to coins that have been out less than 6 months.
I agree most, if not all alt markets are highly manipulated. The same can be said about any market with low capitalization, however there has to be a fundamental basis for value otherwise there is no purpose in trading.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: