Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:25:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-04-02] Bank of Montreal open to Bitcoin  (Read 1464 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:17:22 PM

BMO open to Bitcoin if virtual currency is regulated, reliable, says CEO Bill Downe

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/04/01/bmo-open-to-bitcoin-if-virtual-currency-is-regulated-reliable-says-ceo-bill-downe/

DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:05:33 PM

Awesome news Smiley Now if only the Fintrac could speed up lol.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:06:27 PM

That's the step up we need to convince rest the world.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:26:35 PM

I must commend the Canadian Government for taking a hands off approach towards Crypto, allowing the whole industry to flourish. I also applaud BMO for their progressive approach toward finance, and going so far as noting inefficiencies in our current system. This is the first step toward the common man walking around with bitcoin, rather than cash.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 01:00:19 AM

Nice they open to the idea of bitcoin.  I don't know what a bitcoin related transaction is though.  Does he mean like when I send money from my bank account to the telecommunications company that is a telecommunications related transaction?  All we're doing is sending money from our bank account to another person or company's bank account.  Stay out of our personal business please.  Keep servicing your clients and ripping them off with fees.  I choose to transact for free, instantaneously and without you sticking you noses in other people's business.
P.S. thank you for not closing Virtex's bank account.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:13:48 PM

Nice they open to the idea of bitcoin.  I don't know what a bitcoin related transaction is though.  Does he mean like when I send money from my bank account to the telecommunications company that is a telecommunications related transaction?  All we're doing is sending money from our bank account to another person or company's bank account.  Stay out of our personal business please.  Keep servicing your clients and ripping them off with fees.  I choose to transact for free, instantaneously and without you sticking you noses in other people's business.
P.S. thank you for not closing Virtex's bank account.

+1 sound like a bunch of PR Bullshit to me. Members here got their account closed simply because they have sold some btc.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:26:28 PM

The CEO says will support the Bitcoin only if it is regulated by the authorities. Sort of half-hearted opinion. Spoke like a true banker.
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:30:02 PM

The CEO says will support the Bitcoin only if it is regulated by the authorities. Sort of half-hearted opinion. Spoke like a true banker.

Such a support from his side is still better than none.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:32:16 PM

Agreed. Something is better than nothing. But I am just being cautious. If bankers know that Bitcoin could make them jobless, will they ever support it? Doesn't make sense.
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:03:00 PM

Agreed. Something is better than nothing. But I am just being cautious. If bankers know that Bitcoin could make them jobless, will they ever support it? Doesn't make sense.

Will not make them jobless. There are always people that doesn't understand investing, funds etc. and would like someone else to manage their savings. Same way bitcoin-investing instruments could work.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:33:53 PM

Kind of two-faced to come out in support now after ruining the livelihood of some previous intrepid entrepreneurs who they had accepted business from and then pulled the rug oot from under.

I'd stay away from them until they demonstrate less craven tendencies and schizophrenic about turns.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:14:28 AM

Will not make them jobless. There are always people that doesn't understand investing, funds etc. and would like someone else to manage their savings. Same way bitcoin-investing instruments could work.

Hmm.. that means more exploitation by the bankers, in the name of "management". And who knows, may there be even haircuts, a la Cyprus.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:38:28 AM

I like how to picture has a Bitcoin Mascot and a Bank CEO on the same image  Grin

Indeed, the furor has been so fierce that most Canadian banks won’t do business with companies focused primarily on Bitcoin, refusing even to allow them to open accounts for fear of potential issues with regulators or other authorities down the road.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:42:19 AM

Hmm.. that means more exploitation by the bankers, in the name of "management". And who knows, may there be even haircuts, a la Cyprus.

Who knows, hard to predict such a far-reaching assupmtions for Bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: