Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orlando Bitcoin Meetup - Wednesday 12/28  (Read 1672 times)
BitPay Business Solutions (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 09:30:29 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2011, 12:53:12 AM by Bit-pay Merchant Solutions

I have added this to the meetup calendar

http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Orlando/events/45261742/

I will personally buy a beer or an appetizer to every new person using bitcoins on my phone, to show them how it works!

Whiskey Dicks
50 E Central Blvd
Orlando, FL 32801
(accepts bitcoins!)

Invite all your Florida friends!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 10:07:04 PM

My old stomping grounds that there be.  Tongue  Sadly, these days I am almost 3 hours NW. :/  I may run this by the misses anyhows as we are overdue for a trip over to the Space Coast.

Is Whiskey Dicks a sports pub?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 10:12:20 PM

Yes they have a bunch of large TVs for sports.  they have made-from-scratch burgers and beer/wine/liquor.  And they accept bitcoins!

sadpandatech

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 10:16:47 PM

And they accept bitcoins!
That is the important part. =)  Assuming I do not posses a cell phone capable of doing anything more than basic text messaging or phone calls. What would be the best way to spend Bitcoins there?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 10:29:22 PM

That is the important part. =)  Assuming I do not posses a cell phone capable of doing anything more than basic text messaging or phone calls. What would be the best way to spend Bitcoins there?

You can bring me physical bitcoins or send some to my android wallet, and spend them from my phone.  The bar is only setup to generate a QR code to scan, like in our mobile checkout video.

https://bit-pay.com/aboutMobile.html

sadpandatech

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 11:00:56 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2011, 06:36:14 PM by sadpandatech

Thank you. I would likely work something out to send some coins to an addy in your mobile client then. In all honesty, I am not likely to be able to get something planned out this short of notice but will sit down with my better half and discuss what we have going on immediatly after Christmas.

Anyone else in FL or close by thinking about this?  If you are overdue a vacation, Florida in the U.S here is beautiful this time of year. Very mild weather and quiet beach areas lie about 40 minutes east of Orlando. Orlando also has a TON of nice resorts to stay at. I highly recommend one of several Disney owned places if you have kids. Or even if you're  a big kid at heart. The wife and I have stayed at Disney's Carribean Beach Resort a few times in the past. It is a 'moderatly' priced place, I think we spent $135 a night last visit. This and about 10 other Disney owned resorts are all in very close proximity to the actual parks. They have almost constant, included transportation to all the parks. We've also stayed at Fort Wilderness, which is also moderatly priced and has some really pretty views of the large zoo and reserve area from many of the rooms there. The resorts and surrounding areas were all very clean and the staff is amazingly friendly there. Probably because Disney actually gives it's employees worthwile compensation for their work.  Sorry to sound like a billboard for Disney but it's a beautiful place and well worth a visit.

If you would like more info about Disney, Orlando or some of the surrounding areas like Cocoa Beach, Kennedy Space Center, etc feel free to hit me up. I will be happy to help you locate places, pricing or just give real world review type info from my experiences living in many Florida places.

Cheers,
    Derek

- GA

ezdvd

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2011, 06:29:15 PM

I live over in Four Corners and I'd love to attend. What time of day is this planned for?

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2011, 06:53:30 PM

It's at the link, 7:00 pm

grubles

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

mistaken for gribble since 2011

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 02:56:47 AM

I'm about an hour from Orlando. I'll see if I can make it.  Cheesy

BM-NBi5PcH8BBqDVp7WSJe2pNgqEVvTjd6T
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 26, 2011, 03:22:15 AM

I will definitely be there.  Grin

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 02:54:32 AM

6 people successfully paid tonight at Whiskey Dicks with bitcoins!  Thanks to the awesome bartender Whitney for handling all the payments on her iPhone using the Bit-Pay Mobile Checkout! Nelisky was here from Portugal and spent his Bitcoins on a couple of Guiness beers! 

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 03:04:32 AM

6 people successfully paid tonight at Whiskey Dicks with bitcoins!  Thanks to the awesome bartender Whitney for handling all the payments on her iPhone using the Bit-Pay Mobile Checkout! Nelisky was here from Portugal and spent his Bitcoins on a couple of Guiness beers! 

Guinness just tastes better when bought with bitcoin. Great to meet everyone.
Distribution

Activity: 711

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 03:16:03 AM

That's awesome. I wish I could've gone. I had planned on it, but I've been organizing nightly meetings for a certain presidential candidate, and so I have to be at the meetings. Please do this frequently and keep me updated. Make it a weekly or biweekly thing. Regularity will keep the people going.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 05:32:48 AM

Is this a common thing at this bar ? I would like to send a friend there that has little to no knowledge of bitcoins, but I could load them up with some coins on their phone.. 

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 06:13:32 AM

Is this a common thing at this bar ? I would like to send a friend there that has little to no knowledge of bitcoins, but I could load them up with some coins on their phone.. 

Right now only the owner and the main bartender Whitney are trained to accept bitcoins.  if it gets more popular we'll train the rest of the staff. 

I usually go on Wednesday nights for the dollar burgers (0.25 bitcoins for a made-from-scratch burger!) and drink specials.  1 bitcoin will also buy you not one, but 2 yuenglings!

send your buddy on a wednesday night, I will try to post if I'm going again next week.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 12:05:07 AM

I'll be stopping by this bar again tonight at 9:00 pm with gigavps for a couple of drinks.  The burgers are now 0.18 BTC each and beers are 0.36 BTC ea.  Oh my, how does this place stay in business with beers so cheap?   LOL

stop by if you are in the area!

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 08:08:19 AM

Anyone in Orlando able to hook me up with an apartment and/or informal car rental for coins? Looking to get there end of the month.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 05:10:43 PM

I might show up...
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 05:28:38 PM

We are scheduled to do another one next Wednesday night, the 11th at 7pm. I will definitely be there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: