Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:00:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PB Mining vs Cex Io  (Read 6151 times)
michael151722 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:48:21 PM

Which one do u guys I am looking to try one of them. Also where is a place where I can get bitcoins securely with my debit card other than Virtex.

Thanks Much Help Appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
botolo86

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

With CEX you can resell your GHS, with PBMINING no. I am running a test of cloud mining solutions here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=539862.40
Borntostun

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:18:49 AM

You can also do scrypt cloud mining, which is likely the most profitable right now. 

Scrypt.cc is the site I use.
controls

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:21:13 AM

PBmining is cheaper per gh/s. ( Current Rate: 0.007 BTC / GHs )
Cex you can resell/trade later on. ( Current Rate: 0.01153994 BTC / GHs )
go4nature

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:39:37 AM

Yesterday i heard pbmining stopped selling its hashing power.

EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:59:17 PM

I have 75 Ghashes on Cex.io. It gives +0.04 BTC per week, it gets ROI for 5-6 months. Also, you can always sell your Ghashes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitco.in

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:57:32 PM

Leaning toward cex, mostly because of reliability
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:45:27 PM

also PB mining YOU CAN NOT SELL YOUR GH/S , It's a 5 year contract.. Cex does not have contracts. Meaning you can sell back your gh/s, and PB Mining only pays out once a week (Sundays I believe) cex will payout any time you are over .001 btc

Icon
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:21:57 PM

I lost a bit over the last four months mining at cex, due to their GHs losing value over time. But, I like Cex because you get "dividends" every day you mine there and you can buy and sell your GHs any time. Yes, it's not a good place to keep huge amount of BTC in the form of GHs. The trick is to keep about one GHs and point ALL your mining rigs to their pool, ghash.io. What I do is, convert the merged mined altcoins into GHs and increase your GHs amount. I don't really care for the NameCoins, IXCoins, or DevCoins: when they reach a certain amount, they are converted into BTC and then to GHs.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:28:14 PM

Clearly with BTC at this USD level, its a ruin to do almost anything over switching the computer on  Grin
I love cloud mining because power costs and Murphy-ridden failures are zero. No burned cards, no misconfigured miners, no DDOsed pools. And that is soooo good.

This space is for lease, apparently.
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:30:59 PM

I DID look into PBMining and decided it was a bit too risky. Their 5-year contract is NOT a good feature for me. First, I don't want to commit to a long-term mining contract and secondly, their track record is too short. We all know your investment of 150 GHs (about 1 BTC) today will be a drop in the ocean in 5 years or less at PBMining, if they last that long.
jleefly

Activity: 164

jld.kr - Cryptocurrency Web Development !

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:57:30 PM

I do mining myself and also do cloud mining at pbmining and cex too. Running own miners are most economical but you have to deal with any issues yourself and you can't expand rig unlimited but easy to expand on cloud mining.
Only problem is that i am not sure whether cloud mining would ever meet roi...

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:33:25 PM

I lost a bit over the last four months mining at cex, due to their GHs losing value over time. But, I like Cex because you get "dividends" every day you mine there and you can buy and sell your GHs any time. Yes, it's not a good place to keep huge amount of BTC in the form of GHs. The trick is to keep about one GHs and point ALL your mining rigs to their pool, ghash.io. What I do is, convert the merged mined altcoins into GHs and increase your GHs amount. I don't really care for the NameCoins, IXCoins, or DevCoins: when they reach a certain amount, they are converted into BTC and then to GHs.

Please give more details on how you can do this with CEX and you can convert your IXC or DEV into BTC or GH/s Huh

Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:30:02 PM

You can also do scrypt cloud mining, which is likely the most profitable right now. 

Scrypt.cc is the site I use.

Is that site reliable?
howzar

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:37:44 PM

Ill give you cashback on your mining if you use cex.io:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557265.0
Borntostun

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:50:36 PM

Geez, netiher.  The fees will kill you. 

Try cloud mining in scrypt. 
joeofall

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:37:24 AM

what coin does Scrypt.cc  mining ?
jleefly

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:52:41 AM

what coin does Scrypt.cc  mining ?
They claim to mine most profitable coin by switching different coins but they don't list the coins. Also option for user to choose coin to be updated later but don't know when.

I don't care what coin they mine as long as i get enough profit and so far they mine pretty good.

http://scrypt.cc

FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:58:23 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 02:12:53 PM by FalconFly

I have 75 Ghashes on Cex.io. It gives +0.04 BTC per week, it gets ROI for 5-6 months. Also, you can always sell your Ghashes.

It won't even ROI in 5-6 years.

Plus, the maintenance fee they don't advertise on the front page is currently a completely ridiculous 19.68%. And it keeps climbing.
By now, you'll lose ~50-75% of your total investment in 5-6 months - guaranteed. If you call that "ROI" then it's back to math school.
Advice = sell and get outta there ASAP, unless you want to observe your invested net value decrease every month for some reason
(note - I assume you forgot the diff increase that reduce your income every 2016 blocks solved worldwide, roughly every 10-12 days; additionally your contributed shares will create less and less output due to permanent pool hashrate increasing, thus reducing your percentage and reward portion of the pool's total)

PBmining on the other hand could be a ponzi that could blow up any single week, since the calculations don't add up (they'd make serious losses with their longer running contracts). Add to that the bought spammers praising it with no substance whatsoever, you get the picture. Low return (at least it has potential to actually ROI) but High-risk.

Overall, forget mining. Mining is for the suckers, unless you have access to very good deals in high-end gear AND have access to dirt cheap electricity.
Instead, buy BTC at a price you like and be done with it. Saves you from taking lots of risks AND money. And you have the BTC you wanted.
if you have to (i.e. to make the learning experience), absolutely minimize your investment and take that part as a hobby.

Mining = lots of risk exposure over a long period of time, lots of unknown variables, extremely likely to lose you money (translates into taking a 1000mi detour to your destination through a dark wilderness)
Buying = minimum risk, entry point and timing (price) is your choice, done... (translates into taking a 5mi highway segment straight to your destination)

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
jleefly

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 02:12:32 PM

It won't even ROI in 5-6 years.

Plus, the maintenance fee they don't advertise on the front page is currently a completely ridiculous 19.68%. And it keeps climbing.
By now, you'll lose ~50-75% of your total investment in 5-6 months - guaranteed. If you call that "ROI" then it's back to math school.
Advice = sell and get outta there ASAP, unless you want to observe your invested net value decrease every month for some reason
(note - I assume you forgot the diff/pool hashrate increase that reduce your income every 2016 blocks solved worldwide, roughly every 10-12 days)

PBmining on the other hand could be a ponzi that could blow up any single week, since the calculations don't add up (they'd make serious losses with their longer running contracts). Add to that the bought spammers praising it with no substance whatsoever, you get the picture. Low return (at least it has potential to actually ROI) but High-risk.

Overall, forget mining. Mining is for the suckers, unless you have access to very good deals in high-end gear AND have access to dirt cheap electricity.
Instead, buy BTC at a price you like and be done with it. Saves you from taking lots of risks AND money. And you have the BTC you wanted.
if you have to (i.e. to make the learning experience), absolutely minimize your investment and take that part as a hobby.

Mining = lots of risk exposure over a long period of time, lots of unknown variables, extremely likely to lose you money (translates into taking a 1000mi detour to your destination through a dark wilderness)
Buying = minimum risk, entry point and timing (price) is your choice, done... (translates into taking a 5mi highway segment straight to your destination)
Agree. but I can't help mining myself LOL. maybe just for the hack of risking and also beauty of creating something out of nothing i guess.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: